daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Old January 31st, 2007, 09:04 PM   #41
westisbest
Justice for the 96

Likes (Received): 24

LMFAO i made a right tit out of myself there hehe

18 League Titles
5 European Cups
westisbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 1st, 2007, 01:04 PM   #42
bustcapl
Cork 2005

Likes (Received): 50

there is no finer city in the worlds when the sun blesses us with these coulurs.... i love it!!!

www.justgiving.com/trevorcaplisnyc08
bustcapl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:56 PM   #43
T0M
Scousish

Likes (Received): 0

Could'nt agree more... even cranes look good in this light..

T0M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:46 PM   #44
scouseyuppie01

Some images from friday. Really good light yesterday. lunchtime well spent

scouseyuppie01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:53 PM   #45
mr-nad

[IMG][/IMG]

bit of fun with the rocket vent!
mr-nad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #46
Pietari
Just something

Likes (Received): 14

Talking Postcards amore` New Brighton of Yester year .....

I do hope a few of you are going to get together in time for 2008 (or before) and get some `Postcards` etc out there so that some of these excellent pictures reach the streets.

Prior to the 1984 Liverpool International Garden Festival I was given a set of five original coloured `Victorian New Brighton` Valentine Post Cards which I duely took into `Merseyside Tourism` to use (as I was an ETB `Bluebadge guide` for Merseyside at the time)

They became a large card featuring all five Valentines.... which sold from the TICs for some years and also went on display in the then new `Museum of Liverpool Life` at the Maritime Museum.

I don`t know how many sold as I wavied any control in order to get them reprinted.....

Merseyside Tourism was pretty hamstrung for any cash in those days so if it helped I was glad to help.

I do however still have the cards as I eventually asked for their return, however they will go back to the NGM one day.

If I get a chance to post them on here I`ll do so before Feb 14th.......

Some kind person can send me the instructions as I always forget.

However I would strongly suggest you get together to launch your own series/brand.

Postcards Amore` Liverpool .....
http://www.wirralwaters.com/
1,000s of maitime companies employ 10s of 1,000s of staff with an annual turnover of £2.5bns+ / 15% of the Merseyside economy. The Super Port of Liverpool is expanding & with 150,000 ship movements a year, the River Mersey is the UK’s 3rd busiest estuary.
http://www.shipais.com/index.php
The Merseyrail network runs 700 services a day, the most intense of any in the UK apart from London Underground.
http://visitliverpool.com/
Pietari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #47
Martin S
LIVERPOOL

Likes (Received): 516

In my own case, I fall somewhere between A and C. I have no problem with anyone using images I have posted on this site for any urban development related reason (provided it wasn't some Liverpool bashing thread). I am not bothered about being credited (although that would be nice) and I don't need to be informed.

Can I use this opportunity to let people who have signed up to Category C know that I have pinched quite a number of photographs to use on the Construction Photo Gallery - although they are all credited - and I might do the same in the future.
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #48
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Likes (Received): 1736

A couple of pictures taken from Princes Dock yesterday.
Paul D no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #49
Scarecrow
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Likes (Received): 852

UPC the first one Paul.
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #50
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyman View Post
UPC the first one Paul.

What do you mean?

Ahh I know now,I wouldn't know how to add a poll.

Last edited by Paul D; February 5th, 2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #51
liverpolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Wow, that is special.
liverpolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #52
Red scouser
European Champion

I´ll go for C.

Great pic Paul! I couldn't even see the Wirral when I was at Princes Dock yesterday.

Red scouser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #53
Scarecrow
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Likes (Received): 852

Lucky you!
Old February 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #54
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Have a look at this superb picture by Pete Carr,the top one with the emerging skyline and the sunked Seacat.

http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/sho...8041#post38041
Old February 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #55
thudbucket
Onward and Upward

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0M View Post
Ok so, there's been a lot of 'discussion' about the use (and alleged abuse) of photos which people have posted, here or elsewhere being used by other people - and the rights and permissions which are given or assumed. We don't need to look very far to realise that this can be a serious issue over which people can become genuinely upset, something we all surely want to avoid considering that most people who post here are working towards pretty much the same goal.

Based on discussions in other threads, this thread has been started to provide a place for all photo-related talk, and as a centralised placed to give permission for photos to be used and to request photos for specific projects which can't be easily found elsewhere.

So - firstly it's important to have a definitive list of people who are happy for their photos to be used by other people, to avoid any future 'dispute' over who said what could be used where etc..

Please sign up to one of the following options if you are happy for pictures you post here or elsewhere to be used by other people. To make the issue absolutely certain please cut and paste one of the following options into your reply - otherwise if you say 'yes to option B' it's possible that I could change option B by editing this post. The only certain way is to cut and paste the permission level that applies to you. (If none of the options below fit your exact requirements then you can sign up to option F - Other and I will post a link to your post in which your specific requests can be found, but this shouldn't be necessary in most cases)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A - I give permission for any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this or any other site to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes and do not require to be credited or informed when and where these images have been used.

* Scouseyuppie01 (photos not renders or designs)
* Gazzab

B - I give permission for any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this or any other site to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes but wish to be credited where possible and wish to be informed if my images have been used.

* JUXTAPOL

C - I give permission for any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this site only to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes but wish to be credited where possible and wish to be informed if my images have been used.

* TOM
* Woody
* DJ Billy
* Westi
* Liverpolitan
* Paul D
* mr-nad
* Yapachoo

D - I require permission to be sought prior to use if any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this or any other site are to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes and wish to be credited for every image used.

* B4mmy

E - I do not give permission for any of my photos or images to be used for any purpose without prior consent.

* Bedsplumbing

F - Other, see links

* TheMerseyOrange (see post #17)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If people don't post a reply on here (cutting and pasting the option that applies to them) then, unless any provable private agreement has been reached, we will have to assume the default position is option E.

The may not be a legally binding agreement, but the point is that in general terms if every effort has been made to secure permission then we are on safer ground.

I will update a list once people respond.

And don't forget we can use this site to post requests for specific photos instead of trawling through the rest of the forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------

How to post photos on SCC

To upload an image onto SCC, first save the image on your computer. Depending on the original size you might want to resize the image before you save it, most photo editing software will give you this option, an ideal size for SCC is 800X600 (I find Microsoft Picture Editor particularly easy to use). Alternatively you can leave it at it's normal size, and select 'resize to 800X600' when you upload the image.

Then go to htp://imageshack.us (or photobukcet or other picture hosting site), click on 'upload image' select your image from where you've saved it and upload it. If using imageshack, once it's uploaded you'll see a small thumbnail of the photo and 5 url addresses underneath. Copy and paste the last url (Direct link to image) into your post, making sure you put

[IMG] http://img144.imagshackus/img144p347.jpg [/IMG] either side of it - or if you're in advanced posting mode you can just click on the mountain picture icon and paste your link in the pop up box.
B - I give permission for any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this or any other site to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes but wish to be credited where possible and wish to be informed if my images have been used.
thudbucket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #56
T0M
Scousish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
What do you mean?

Ahh I know now,I wouldn't know how to add a poll.
Adding a poll is easy - just paste in your picture as normal and under the 'Additional Options' below the message box there's one which says 'Add poll' (make sure you add 10 options). Once you've submitted your reply you're able to add the poll numbers, confusingly you add them in reverse order, so 1=10, 2=9 etc.

And don't worry, even if you cock it up one of the mods will fix it for you. At the moment it's quite London dominated, but a few scousers are making a bit of a splash, so get down there!
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #57
T0M
Scousish

Here's one I took of our sinking platform last week, sans sinking Seacat.

Last edited by T0M; February 5th, 2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #58
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Otterspool Promenade yesterday evening.
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #59
Pietari
Just something

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouseyuppie01 View Post
It`s almost unfair to say which photographs appeal as they are all fantastic but I do like the contrast in this one.
http://www.wirralwaters.com/
1,000s of maitime companies employ 10s of 1,000s of staff with an annual turnover of £2.5bns+ / 15% of the Merseyside economy. The Super Port of Liverpool is expanding & with 150,000 ship movements a year, the River Mersey is the UK’s 3rd busiest estuary.
http://www.shipais.com/index.php
The Merseyrail network runs 700 services a day, the most intense of any in the UK apart from London Underground.
http://visitliverpool.com/
Pietari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #60
T0M
Scousish

Skies ablaze..