daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM   #81
paultaylorworld
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36
Likes (Received): 0

The 2 beds on floors 6-21 no.12 unit have a clear sea view. There is a huge space between the towers. This will also apply to the no.1 and no.8 Unit on floors 23- 53.
paultaylorworld no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #82
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind
 
Dubai_Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,606
Likes (Received): 68

paul, can you comment on expected rental yields for the torch?
MArina Heights is offering around 11% for a 1 bed or 9% + free furniture + all costs paid.

Do you think there will be gauranteed rental schemes put in place for the torch?

How about tourist lets - through travel operators eg. thomson ?
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #83
paultaylorworld
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36
Likes (Received): 0

So much speculation on rentals and at the end of the day no one knows what the yield will be in 2 years!
One thing is for sure that supply will not out do demand. If you check out www.ameinfo.com there are some v good articles on similar markets and expected yeilds.
It will eventually come down to location and you can't really go wrong with waterfront, especially the most spectacular Marina in the world!
On the Torch we do not have a g'teed rental scheme, however Dubai Select LLC will be looking after the rentals.
You have to think about why Marina heights are offering all 'Extras'?
paultaylorworld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #84
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind
 
Dubai_Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,606
Likes (Received): 68

Where is the swimming pool going to be?
Looks like the only place for it is on the ground plot facing the marina heights tower.
Isnt there supposed to be a car park right next to that ?
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #85
paultaylorworld
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36
Likes (Received): 0

2 outdoor pools on the deck on floor 5. Will post render shortly.
paultaylorworld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:01 PM   #86
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind
 
Dubai_Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,606
Likes (Received): 68

Marina Heights are not offering extras. These gauranteed deals are from independants not the developer.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #87
arfie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 766
Likes (Received): 49

Paul it will only be a partial view not a clear Sea view. There might be gap between the buildings but not sufficient enough to give a clear sea view. I have seen the Marina and there is no way that from the Torch tower you will get a clear sea view about 40% sea view. Just look at the Marina Heights building you cant get clear sea views from that building either and this is what mr AL RAFI says himself.
arfie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #88
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind
 
Dubai_Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,606
Likes (Received): 68

Here are the views from Marina Heights Tower again.
This will help to work out the views from the Torch.









I think the 12's sea view from the torch may be quite good because you can see through the gap in the road as a diagonal over the palm.




I am a bit worried about the 06's views (on floors 23+) because of the arch tower (doesnt that block the view?) and also there are a lot of free land plots in that direction. So wouldnt that marin/sea view be completely blocked later?

Last edited by Dubai_Steve; May 19th, 2005 at 11:51 PM.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:21 AM   #89
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind
 
Dubai_Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,606
Likes (Received): 68

And Sheikh Mohammed said, Let there be Emaar offices: and there was Emaar offices


Last edited by Dubai_Steve; May 20th, 2005 at 03:30 AM.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:33 AM   #90
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus
 
Chad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 36,679
Likes (Received): 875

Why they say it's only 74 floor in this article?

Marina Torch

The Torch stands proudly at the mouth of Dubai Marina, right in the heart of the emirate’s most celebrated waterfront projects. This much envied location possesses stunning views spanning the length of the marina itself but also out across Jumeirah Beach, the Palm Jumeirah and beyond to the ambitious island project known as ‘The World’.

This 345 metre landmark development is as spectacular at night as it is in the day, its lustrous architectural design shimmers off this magnificent waterfront with the iconic Torch design creating an exciting addition to the Dubai skyline.

The 74 story residential tower has been designed specifically to compliment this fantastic marina location by award winning architects Khatib & Alami. The Torch boasts 504 luxury apartments to suit every desire, with all 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and stunning duplex penthouses opening to spacious balconies with unparalleled views over the very best of Dubai.

Whether you are looking for a luxurious home or a solid investment, The Torch Dubai Marina is difficult to overlook and offers the perfect foundation for your future aspirations.



A new landmark on the horizon

The Torch is ideally located at the entrance to Dubai Marina, perfectly positioned amidst the tranquillity and luxury of New Dubai and a stone’s throw from some of Dubai’s most exciting landmarks.


Naturally the marina is something of a landmark in itself, home to some of the world’s most luxurious private boats with The Torch opening out onto one of the premier mooring sites. The marina’s promenade is home to some of Dubai finest shops and restaurants and offers a very sophisticated social scene, with a wealth of top hotels including the Burj Al Arab within easy walking distance.

Adjacent to The Torch Dubai Marina is Media City, one of Dubai’s newest and prominent commercial districts, as well as both the Emirates and the Colin Montgomery golf

http://www.dubaiselect.co.uk/propert...nts_@10914.htm
__________________
You have the right to remain silent, everything you say will be misquoted and used against you in the forum

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:26 AM   #91
mc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: park st. laurent 98000
Posts: 89
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMillion

Send me the contract to almillion@gmail.com and I will have my lawyer go through it and I will post his findings here. Feel free to tell us the 10-year old parent company's name and I will also post that company's credit rating, profitability, etc. here. Surely you don't mind.

If you'd have an ounce of business acumen you'd have been far less defensive and tried to sell me a penthouse (or two!) - instead you're trying to draw me into a petty argument when all I am doing is offering everyone a non-biased perspective of this tower.
with all due respect to most senior forumers here - I just can not understand why all the continued BS allowed, personal attacks and insults n paultaylorworld from day one he posted. Insinuations of him being a fraud, scam and not being the real deal and whatnot kept being posted. My question is - on what basis?.... I am not trying to attack anyone here but merely to point out that this forum is a constructive one and based on an intelectual approach by most of us and as such must be respected, and this includes every single straight-forward and productive member.

As far as I am concerned - from the get go of the Torch project, we in this forum - had the edge and advantage if interested in buying - gettin in b4 others because of guys like paultaylorworld and ragga. yet very few here are willing to recognize this fact ; and very few here are willing to admit they're wrong in doubting these ppl in the first place. What's fair is fair. I don't believe in attacking smones credibility and more importantly their integrity - serves any purpose.
mc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:04 AM   #92
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise
 
Dubai-Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dubai (UAE) | Oehringen (GER) | Bad Honnef (GER)
Posts: 12,620
Likes (Received): 3

chad - this is what dubaiselect says:

3 Car parking
2 retail + Healthclub and Lobby
68 residential
7 Higher inc maintenance floors

get used to it
we have many towers where the number of floors changed a couple of times in the ads, just because some only count the residential floors, some count ground level and so on.
__________________
Dubai-Lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:21 AM   #93
DubaiDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 200
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc
with all due respect to most senior forumers here - I just can not understand why all the continued BS allowed, personal attacks and insults n paultaylorworld from day one he posted. Insinuations of him being a fraud, scam and not being the real deal and whatnot kept being posted. My question is - on what basis?.... I am not trying to attack anyone here but merely to point out that this forum is a constructive one and based on an intelectual approach by most of us and as such must be respected, and this includes every single straight-forward and productive member.

As far as I am concerned - from the get go of the Torch project, we in this forum - had the edge and advantage if interested in buying - gettin in b4 others because of guys like paultaylorworld and ragga. yet very few here are willing to recognize this fact ; and very few here are willing to admit they're wrong in doubting these ppl in the first place. What's fair is fair. I don't believe in attacking smones credibility and more importantly their integrity - serves any purpose.

The guy has his interests in mind. He comes to this forum because it is free access to a perfect target market where he can offload his real estate and benefit from a bigger bonus at the end of the month, like all real estate agents. Nobody is attacking his crediblity, but we have a right to ask questions. The rule is that no broker is credibile (they are all selfish) until he earns his credibility so the onus is on him. Its our capital which is at risk - not his. As investors we have to demonstrate appropriate diligence with our capital; we cannot give our trust to someone just because they work for a an organisation with an appropriate name.
DubaiDream no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #94
Mistermark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 969
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiDream
The guy has his interests in mind. He comes to this forum because it is free access to a perfect target market where he can offload his real estate and benefit from a bigger bonus at the end of the month, like all real estate agents. Nobody is attacking his crediblity, but we have a right to ask questions. The rule is that no broker is credibile (they are all selfish) until he earns his credibility so the onus is on him. Its our capital which is at risk - not his. As investors we have to demonstrate appropriate diligence with our capital; we cannot give our trust to someone just because they work for a an organisation with an appropriate name.
To date I'm not aware of any evidence that Paul or anyone else here that sells property in Dubai has been other than factual. Apart from anything else he could have come here posing as a punter but he chose to declare at the outset who he was and what he does, which I respect.
Mistermark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #95
arfie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 766
Likes (Received): 49

From those pics I believe the 05 and 06 Marina Views will be better than the sea mainly due to how far the sea actually is from the Torch itself. Your gonna see quite abit of the road from the tower and the sea further. At night time the sea view apartments in all buildings will be pitch black. Marina views will be better in my view. Anything above 23rd floor should give a great marina view.
arfie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #96
DubaiDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 200
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermark
To date I'm not aware of any evidence that Paul or anyone else here that sells property in Dubai has been other than factual. Apart from anything else he could have come here posing as a punter but he chose to declare at the outset who he was and what he does, which I respect.
Threads earlier in this discussion indicate otherwise.
Posing as a punter would not get him that far.
DubaiDream no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #97
arfie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 766
Likes (Received): 49

Paul also what guarantees can you give that there wont be another building built in front of the Torch Tower from the Dubai Marina map there does seem to be a plot space in front of the Torch
arfie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #98
Bahraini Spirit
Registered User
 
Bahraini Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bahrain; London
Posts: 4,070
Likes (Received): 0

This one really reminds me of landmark tower in Yokohama, the way it tapers upwards.
__________________
<<_>>Live your life, let no one hinder!!!<<_>>
Bahraini Spirit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #99
DubaiDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 200
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfie
Paul also what guarantees can you give that there wont be another building built in front of the Torch Tower from the Dubai Marina map there does seem to be a plot space in front of the Torch
I'd be impressed if he can give u any guarantees that count, ie. in paper, although im sure he'll try his best to give you the hard sell verbally
DubaiDream no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #100
AlMillion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Monte-Carlo
Posts: 295
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
From DubaiSelect.co.uk:

The Torch is ideally located at the entrance to Dubai Marina, perfectly positioned amidst the tranquillity and luxury of New Dubai and a stone’s throw from some of Dubai’s most exciting landmarks.

Naturally the marina is something of a landmark in itself, home to some of the world’s most luxurious private boats with The Torch opening out onto one of the premier mooring sites. The marina’s promenade is home to some of Dubai finest shops and restaurants and offers a very sophisticated social scene, with a wealth of top hotels including the Burj Al Arab within easy walking distance.
Ok, well, I'm not going to get drawn into an argument where my posts have been misread & misconstrued but reading that I am absolutely appalled!

1/ 'New Dubai' is hardly tranquil at the moment with construction everywhere that is likely to continue for 2/3 years at least
2/ Having been to the Marina many times, there is NO way the boats could be described as the world's most luxurious ... in fact the world's most luxurious wouldn't make it under the bridge (which is temporary?). I certainly wouldn't describe the shops/restaurants as Dubia's finest, either, but i guess that is my controversial opinion.
3/ Saying that the Burj Al Arab is within easy walking distance is absolutely absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AlMillion no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
dubai, dubai marina

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu