daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Projects and Construction > Urban Affairs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #21
RawLee

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewrob View Post
(OMV, MOL and Eko mostly).
MOL is ours

Quote:
As for the gypsies... They actually have it realtively good here, they are well integrated in comparising with their situation in other countries.
Ours mostly live in rural areas,because the free funds and help the gov gives them is not even enough for a 1room flat at the edge of any major city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbz2ifc View Post
I definitely have to go there again.
Come,and have a good time! Glad you enjoyed our capitol!

Quote:
but i recommend the Terror House and the Holocaust Museum, besides other known objectives such as the Parliament, Castle Hill and the Citadel).
I suggest trying the museum of transportation..that tells a lot about technologies used in the times of the monarchy..and of course,nowadays.

Quote:
it has lost some of its popularity, now that there are many other festivals in this part of Europe. The thing I liked most was the diversity of the people, it's like the whole world (or at least Europe ) was on that island.
In fact,it was record. 385000 visitors in 7 days. and you got it right! people from all across Europe come!

Quote:
Ok... back to Budapest... it's cleaner than Bucharest, but it's not the cleanest city I've seen. But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining
Complain at will! I know it is not so tidy,but after seeing Paris...I bet you would find Bucharest clean!
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 28th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #22
dewrob

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
MOL is ours
I know
dewrob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:02 AM   #23
RawLee

Quote:
I know
I believe you will see some in Italy and Croatia soon.
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #24
dewrob

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
I believe you will see some in Italy and Croatia soon.
didn't MOL aquire or wanted to aquire a stake (majority stake) of Croatian INA a while ago? what happened with that?
dewrob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:15 AM   #25
RawLee

Quote:
didn't MOL aquire or wanted to aquire a stake (majority stake) of Croatian INA a while ago? what happened with that?
Business secret,they say.But its pretty close. MOL is pretty aggressive nowadays. All began with Slovnaft,then strategical stations in Transylvania...now I read about oilfields in Russia,and buying of some minor italian network,and stakes in INA. OMW tried to bully them,but the austrians failed.
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #26
Realek
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

@ RawLee

Where is the money coming from for such an aggressive expansion?
Realek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #27
Sbz2ifc

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
I suggest trying the museum of transportation..that tells a lot about technologies used in the times of the monarchy..and of course,nowadays.
Damn it!! I missed that one! I also missed the subway museum at Deák tér ...not enough time. But I'll come back and stay for longer.

Quote:
In fact,it was record. 385000 visitors in 7 days. and you got it right! people from all across Europe come!
I didn't have any doubts about the attendance. I was thinking of popularity in terms of the bands that played this year - previous years had better line-ups. It's harder for the organizers to get more big names because of the competition from the other festivals.

Quote:
Complain at will! I know it is not so tidy,but after seeing Paris...I bet you would find Bucharest clean!
Oh and... lots of homeless people at night, but they weren't dangerous or anything. I'm sure we have plenty of homeless people as well, but I guess ours stay hidden
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #28
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realek View Post
@ RawLee

Its an oil company and I suppose they are not only in the oil business,because I've read about a geothermal power plant they constructed. any from the stock market! This is one of the companies that are good investments. MOL alone pays like 10% of the industrial tax in Hungary(I dont have real value,but pretty high).
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:26 AM   #29
RawLee

Quote:
Damn it!! I missed that one! I also missed the subway museum at Deák tér ...not enough time. But I'll come back and stay for longer.
I've never seen the subway museum,but I've read it is pretty interesting

Quote:
I was thinking of popularity in terms of the bands that played this year - previous years had better line
I know Pink,Chemical brothers and on day 0,LGT was there,but since I can hear it all where I live,I have no intention going there

Quote:
Oh and... lots of homeless people at night, but they weren't dangerous or anything. I'm sure we have plenty of homeless people as well, but I guess ours stay hidden
dont try Nyugati underpass! Its not that there are lot of them..its rather that they concentrate at frequented areas.
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:26 AM   #30
Realek
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Its an oil company and I suppose they are not only in the oil business,because I've read about a geothermal power plant they constructed. any from the stock market! This is one of the companies that are good investments. MOL alone pays like 10% of the industrial tax in Hungary(I dont have real value,but pretty high).
I understand it is a big oil company, but still am puzzled about all that money.
Realek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #31
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realek View Post
@ RawLee

subsidiary:

* Alfagas Kft.
* Hawasina LLC Oman Branch
* MK Mineralkontor GmbH
* MOL Pakistan Oil and Gas Co
* MOL Yemen Oil and Gas Ltd.
* Moltrade-Mineralimpex Rt.
* Roth-Heizöle GmbH
* TVK Rt.

* Geoinform Kft.
* Hexan Kft.
* MOL Caspian Oil and Gas Ltd.
* MOL Romania PP srl
* MOL Austria Handels GmbH
* MOL-Trans Kft.
* Slovnaft a.s.
* UBA Services Ltd.

* GES Geofizikai Szolgáltató Kft.
* INTERMOL d.o.o.
* MOL Földgázszállító Zrt.
* MOL Slovenija d.o.o.
* MOL-LUB Kft.
* Petrolszolg Kft.
* Terméktároló Rt.
* ZMB Ltd.

partnership:
INA
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:38 AM   #32
RawLee

and sorry for the off-topic,I promise I stop!
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:54 AM   #33
Cracovia

Likes (Received): 30

I have been to Slovakia, Praha and Lwow in EE/ CE. To many things to say and i can not be bovered to write them sorry
Cracovia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:19 AM   #34
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Business secret,they say.But its pretty close. MOL is pretty aggressive nowadays. All began with Slovnaft,then strategical stations in Transylvania...now I read about oilfields in Russia,and buying of some minor italian network,and stakes in INA. OMW tried to bully them,but the austrians failed.
Actually Ina sold 25% stake way back, but it was worst descision made ever, at the time when INA sold its steak it was not as valuable as it is today, MOL mad 125% profit on its 25% stake in INA. The INA as a whole had annual turnover of 20 billion Kuna and market capitalization is in region of 25-30 billion Kuna last year.

The MOL is a big oil company for region but soon they'll be target of either BP, Mobil, Shell or even Agip. This is how things always go, INA is trying to get back its 25 stake it sold to the MOL, as MOL has not kept to the deal agreed when they purchased the INA stake, mainly in infrastructure and modernization of oil refineries in Rijeka and Sisak.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #35
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 7

On another note, I made my first Cevapi, they came out nice, perfect, just as I remember

Such a simple dish to make, should do it more often

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:38 AM   #36
Dardani6

Likes (Received): 0

i went to montenegro over the summer. it was pretty nice but moving around from place to place is a hassle. the cities were clean and it was nicely made for tourists.
Dardani6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 05:25 AM   #37
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 9

This summer I had the opportunity to visit Ljubljana, Zagreb, and Split and I am so glad I took it. As soon as I upload my pics, I'll post them and go into more detail about my trip, but for now all I can say is that it was fantastic. Not as crowded as Italy, a lot more affordable, lots more to see and do than I had imagined. Definitely will be coming back soon.

München Venezia Ljubljana Zagreb Split Kraków Paris Praha Berlin Leipzig Barcelona Łódź Poznań Hamburg Lübeck Nürnburg Zürich Basel Strasbourg Dresden Amsterdam Wrocław Gdańsk Sofia İstanbul Stuttgart Verona Piran Trieste Frankfurt Budapest Wien Bratislava
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #38
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:

Complain at will! I know it is not so tidy, but after seeing Paris...I bet you would find Bucharest clean!
BTW Even though there are a "billions" of stray dogs in Bucharest it seems that there is more dog-pooh on Paris's streets ...

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #39
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 7312

Agree . same applyes for Bordeaux - some streets over there are like mine fields each morning. Even though one of my favourite places in Europe is the Bay D'Arcachon near Bordeaux

I have been all around the Balkans with the exception of Albania and southern Greece...

Have traveled all around East and South Europe with still missing Portugal, Poland, the Baltics, Ukraine, Bellaruss and Russia in the collection.

From all the places i have been around if i have to make a top 3 that i want to visit over and over again it goes like this :

- Zlatna Praha
- Peljesac peninsula and Korcula espec.
- Istanbul

Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #40
Corneliu
Irreligious

Likes (Received): 20

Experiences with EE

I lived 1 year in Warsaw (2003) where I earned my Masters degree
I visited Budapest 40 times or more, Kosice (Slovakia), Krakow, Wroclaw (many other smaller Polish towns), Veliko Tarnovo several times, Sofia, Kiev, Moscow, both several times, Minsk, Belgrade many times last year and Montenegro, Chisinau.

And here is my top 5 EE cities

1) Moscow
2) Warsaw
3) Budapest
4) Kiev
5) Wroclaw

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: