daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Projects and Construction > Urban Affairs

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #41
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 8457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corneliu View Post
Veliko Tarnovo several times...
Hey, i am curious to hear how did you feel in my home town
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 29th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #42
Corneliu
Irreligious

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Hey, i am curious to hear how did you feel in my home town
hey! I was stoping by on cruiseships

The architecture is crazy in the good sense..those buildings built in rocks...reminded me Georgia..

I also went several times to one fency village nearby...where the rich people live..and some football players..can't remember the name now

and a few Dacia taxis
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #43
Делян

Likes (Received): 196

Arbanasi (Арбанаси).
The "official" Web site is so-o-o-o-o cheap for a nice little village like Arbanassi!
The picture in the header instead of being something fresh looks like an area after forest fire!
Делян no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #44
Turnovec
-----------

The fancy village is called Arbanassi It's the Tarnovo's Beverley Hills heh and the football players are Trifon Ivanov , Krasimir Balakov , Ilian Kiriakov ... all from the golden generation that took the 4th place on the world cup in USA'94 As for the Dacia taxis, they are still there , but the new fashion now is Skoda Octavia's taxis

Anyway , you should sometimes come again for a weekend over here. Since 1st January 2007 there are many romanians coming to spend the weekend in Veliko Tarnovo , and i have heard only possitive impressions from them
Old August 29th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #45
Corneliu
Irreligious

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
The fancy village is called Arbanassi It's the Tarnovo's Beverley Hills heh and the football players are Trifon Ivanov , Krasimir Balakov , Ilian Kiriakov ... all from the golden generation that took the 4th place on the world cup in USA'94 As for the Dacia taxis, they are still there , but the new fashion now is Skoda Octavia's taxis

Anyway , you should sometimes come again for a weekend over here. Since 1st January 2007 there are many romanians coming to spend the weekend in Veliko Tarnovo , and i have heard only possitive impressions from them
That's right! Arbanassi...a superb place and a superb landscape...very quite.

Besides some football players I guess a lot of mobs live there too
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #46
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 171

to be read from ... bottom to top http://kjohn.wordpress.com/tag/romania/

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #47
RawLee

Likes (Received): 234

"Curtea de Arges Cathedral makes the oldest bulidings in St Augustine look like a McDonalds drive through."
A good old american way of describing something
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #48
KHS

Likes (Received): 379

Here is Czas na Żywiec's report from his recent visit to Croatia: [Zagreb, Split, Hrvatska] - Pictures
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #49
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Nice pictures. Zagreb looks very nice

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
Old September 21st, 2007, 03:12 PM   #50
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Smth interesting to follow … Money Race

Projects without borders
2007-09-18

Business Standard daily set off with the promise to provide its readers a new perspective on regional business and economy. The "Money Race" project is part of this strategy to provide first-hand, last-minute information on Central and Eastern Europe.
The "Money Race" is placing Romania and Bulgaria face to face after more than half a year after he European integration and evaluating where the two countries are in the competition for European financing, foreign capital and economic development. The project will develop for two weeks, starting today, and it differs from other editorial projects not only by content, but also by the thinking laying at its foundation.
Thus, Business Standard conceived the first trans-border editorial project, simultaneously unfolding in two neighboring countries. South of the Danube, our partner is Dnevnik daily, the most powerful business publication in Bulgaria, also member of German media group Handelsblatt. Furthermore, "Money Race" will have simultaneous editorial support all through its development from business TV station The Money Channel. It is a premiere project, thought to have a synchronized unfolding in both written and audiovisual media.
Besides, the strategy of group Realitatea-Catavencu (of which Business Standard and The Money Channel are part of) emphasizes the force that editorial integration of media in the same group can provide.
Therefore, the first "Money Race" week starts today, in an original manner, with an advertising series combining content and ads in the written media, online (www.standard.ro) and on TV. Starting September 24, a string of detailed analyses of the business and media environments from the two countries will follow. As soon as Romanian business extends in the region, such projects become investment guides.

Old September 21st, 2007, 03:57 PM   #51
Turnovec
-----------

Good initiative. Didn't get how we could keep in touch with it though.

Go Bulgaria! Go Romania!

Since 1st of January we have become somewhat of a best buddies When i go home to Veliko Tarnovo i see more and more romanian cars and people all across the streets and town. It's like we are not two different countries anymore.
Old September 21st, 2007, 04:13 PM   #52
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5260

Quote:
Didn't get how we could keep in touch with it though.
Read Dnevnik starting Monday 24th. For us, Romanians, it is Business Standard. And I think you can also follow it on the English section of Business Standard. I'll follow it.

Turnovec, I see no reason not to be buddies.
Old September 21st, 2007, 04:29 PM   #53
Turnovec
-----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Turnovec, I see no reason not to be buddies.
Me too
Old September 22nd, 2007, 12:57 PM   #54
Daewon
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Czech Republilk - nice climat of Pragha
Slovakia - lovely SPA
Germany - n/c
Italy - Bari . Matera , Altamura , Roma - Beauty Adriatic , rock cities beauty architecture what i didnt like is trashes on street and city streets were more worst then motorways in Poland
England - Birmingham most worst and sceary city i ever been , and Country Side
English wiliegs are most beautyful on the world , friendly people , and big culture on roads

This is my experiance form travels
Daewon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2007, 02:51 PM   #55
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Cheers for your WE travel experiences also

Old September 23rd, 2007, 01:28 AM   #56
Verso
Synchronized User

Likes (Received): 1868

I've flown over Romania and Bulgaria.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:46 PM   #57
sehensucht
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

my eastern european experiences

poland - german architecture , pale women , bad food
czech rep. - beautiful praha
hungary - good food , old charme budapest
croatia - nice coast and cities but boring place for holidays
serbia - trendy belgrade , good grill
bulgaria - beware of thieves and cheaters,
sehensucht no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM   #58
skender
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I was in Albania this summer but I had a really weird experience going into Macedonia. Me and my friends planned a weekend to go to Oher, so one Friday morning we drive to the Qafe Thana border. All my friends had their Albanian passports while I had a Canadian one. When we go there it was a pretty bad experience. The Albanian border guards were actually very polite compared to some other borders but the Macedonian ones were terrible. The Macedonian border guards were Macedonian but they spoke Albanian pretty well and no english. When I give them my Canadian passport they said where is the visa in a very rude way opening my passport like it was a piece of garbage. So I say to the guy hey I'm Canadian I don't need a Visa. And he says something like yeah you Canadians need visas to get in to Macedonia. And at that point I got really pissed off and i looked at a poster in the wall that said Australian and Canadian citizens needed visas. So I flipped out on the guy because it was ridiculous to not get into Macedonia. There was nothing I can do so I told my friends to go ahead find the hotel and I would go back to Tirana and get my Albanian passport. So I take a taxi to Tirana and back which was another 6 hours. So finally I get into Macedonia with an Albanian passport. Ohri was ok, kind of small but there were some nice pubs, nice girls.
I was also in Ulqin and Budva in Montenegro. That was a better experience even though I've been there many times. The boarder guards there were very friendly Albanians and very welcoming. Ulqin had some nice parties and Budva as well. There were a lot of hot girls in Budva.

Next summer i'm planning to go to Dubrovnik in Croatia and Sarajevo in Bosnia.

Albania was a blast .
skender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 06:52 PM   #59
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 2550

^
Wow, thank you for this valuable tip
Now I know not to visit Macedonia with my Canadian passport. Kind of strange, I got into SLovenia, Croatia, Bosnia with my Canadian passport but I guess for Macedonia, i will have to use a Serbian one.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM   #60
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 9182

Macedonia is afraid of illegal Canadian and Australian immigrants flow I guess

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: