daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 26th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #301
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2617

I suggest that people should chill for a sec and stop Cause if you guys don't there will be some brigging and banning happening and we would hate to see that!

Anyway, since this thread is in the world section, please use English for discussion. I'm sure Filipinos are fluent in this language.

If you guys want to discuss this topic in your own language, go to here
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1083653

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!

Last edited by Manila-X; March 26th, 2010 at 10:20 AM.
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #302
ICHUO_MX

Likes (Received): 0

Calling all moderators of this category.

Pls lock this thread now. Or you may delete it, much better.

-ichuo_mx / thread starter
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #303
ICHUO_MX

Calling all moderators of this category.

Pls lock this thread now. Or you may delete it, much better.

-ichuo_mx / thread starter
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #304
roi :))
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel of steel View Post
Ichou, pare pigilan mo ako, masasapak ko na talaga tong gagong to!
ulul pala to eh.kung nde ka belong wag ka makisali, gago!
roi :)) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #305
BANNED

ichou wag mo hayaang mabura to..mag'eenglish nalang kmi kung kelangan.hehe, maganda tong thread na to eh.ska anu ung cnasabe nung matandang un na kelangan daw ilipat to sa regional ek ek?d pu ba pede un.
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #306
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPeas View Post
PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD ARE JUST STUBBORN AND IRRITATING.

THIS PROJECT SUCKS BIGTIME ANYWAY
if u see u dont belong here, then leave. common sense! annoying oladman!!!
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #307
BANNED

Quote:

if u see u dont belong here, then leave. common sense! annoying oldman!!!
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #308
BANNED

Quote:

do u want to understand wat were talking to?here it goes. **** U!
Old March 26th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #309
jenny_00013
BAN ME

there's a problem 'bout of this project? i hope it'll be finish.
jenny_00013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #310
GreenPeas
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roi :)) View Post
do u want to understand wat were talking to?here it goes. **** U!
YOU TOO!!! TALK ABOUT YOUR RUBBISH NATIONALISTIC PRIDE!
GreenPeas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #311
TheNicoVillanueva

Likes (Received): 1

You guys just don't know when to shut up.

Anyway, for all this is worth, here are some old northrail news.

New NORTHRAIL chief vows to meet construction target

A mechanical engineer with an extensive and expansive entrepreneurial and engineering practice recently assumed the top post of the North Luzon Railways Corporation (NORTHRAIL), a government entity overseeing the construction of a modern railway from Caloocan to Clark in Pampanga.

President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo named John Paolo Hizon chairman and chief executive officer of NORTHRAIL, replacing Secretary Edgardo D. Pamintuan.

Prior to his appointment at the helm of NORTHRAIL, Hizon served as a member of the board of directors of the railway firm for five years.

“We welcome the appointment of JP Hizon and we look forward to working with him,” said NORTHRAIL president and chief operating officer Zoilo L. Andin Jr. “He is very familiar with the undertaking and can provide the continuity in fast-tracking the construction of the modern railway project that will benefit the residents of Central and Northern Luzon.”
A self-made businessman, Hizon had been the founder of several business firms and has also served as chairman or board member of several ventures.

Hizon vowed to continue the momentum set by his predecessor whose innovative measures enabled the railway firm to gain significant headway in construction work. “I will work harder and I am confident of achieving our targets because I will be working with the same capable and dedicated team of engineers and support staff that Secretary Pamintuan had worked with. Together, we can put trains running our tracks in 2012!” the new chairman said.

NORTHRAIL scored significant achievements following the introduction of innovative measures that include simultaneous segmental construction method which tapped the skills and competence of Filipino sub-contractors who worked simultaneously at different sectors of the railway project. These measures resulted in a very substantial 17% accomplishment in civil works for 2009 alone from 6.85% when the project was suspended in February 2008. The 2009 achievement exceeds the cumulative accomplishments since construction work commenced in 2007 on the Caloocan to Malolos stretch or Phase One of the project.
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #312
TheNicoVillanueva

The NORTHRAIL Project
A major undertaking of the Philippine government, the NORTHRAIL Project aims to build a fast, reliable and an efficient railway system in Central and Northern Luzon.

The railway system is expected to further enhance the development and growth potential of the said areas.

Implementation of the NORTHRAIL Project will be undertaken in several Phases. Phase I of the Project is an 82-kilometer rail line between Caloocan City in Metro Manila and the Clark Special Economic Zone (CSEZ) in Pampanga.

Other phases of the NORTHRAIL Project are:
-- Phase II: Branch line to Subic Economic Freeport Zone
-- Phase III: Extension to Bonifacio Global City
-- Phase IV: Extension to San Fernando, La Union

Initial construction in Phase I of the Project will be the 32-kilometer stretch, or Section 1, between Caloocan and Malolos. Section 2 will be from Malolos to Clark Special Economic Zone (Mabalacat.)

This Caloocan to Clark alignment will maximize the use of the Philippine National Railway’s Right-of-Way of the Main Line North, which has been abandoned for decades.

Phase I of the NORTHRAIL Project will provide commuter train services from Caloocan City in Metro Manila to the DMIA at the CSEZ. One of the components of the efficient mass transport system is an airport train system between Manila and the CSEZ.

Alignment of the NORTHRAIL Project will be linked with Metro Manila’s SouthRail and MRT 3 Extension Systems. Commuters from areas north of Metro Manila will have direct transfer to various SouthRail, LRT and MRT lines for destinations anywhere in Metro Manila
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #313
TheNicoVillanueva

Tracks and Trains
The NORTHRAIL Project aims to build a world-class railway system, with trains capable of traveling at 100-130 kph, and with upgrading potentials for higher speeds and capacities.

Trains will be traveling on a double track, allowing two trains to travel in both directions. This is a major upgrade from the single track in the PNR right of way.

The NORTHRAIL Project adopted double track for the whole line as it provides the flexibility in operation, safety and increase in capacity. Widely used in many countries, the double track will enable NORTHRAIL to attain operational efficiency and capable of meeting future needs.

The railway path will generally be at-grade or on embankment. There will also be sections on viaduct. To allow unimpeded operation of this high-speed train service, there will be no at-grade road crossings. Grade separation will be provided at major road crossings.

This would mean faster, safer and efficient means of travel. It means easing the roads of traffic especially during rush hours. It likewise means greater capability to transport commuters to and from their provincial residences to their workplaces in Metro Manila.
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #314
william :D

Likes (Received): 110

*i know when I'm wrong.i just can't stop myself being mad when something is wrong.*

any picture updates here in nr project? i saw lately a tall metal-like structure at balagtas area.I think there is change and progress in construction as i expect.

***PEACE ON EARTH***
william :D no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:00 AM   #315
fengrun
BANNED

how do I go by public transport to the northrail construction? I want to take photos.

I will be coming from monumento.

By the way, I don't fully understand how this will end up at caloocan station (sangandaan) of the PNR. That area is blocked by several concrete buildings and structures. How will they connect it? It seems to me like its an impossiblity.
fengrun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #316

take a ride in monumento via fx,or bus going to apalit, san fernando as long as it will pass through tabang en malolos. (sorry 4 my grammar,i'm not fluently enough on my 2nd language.) then if u would like, u can take ur photos there at tabang bridge.in malolos u'll see the construction there in front of capitol compund.the construction is on the left-side of the highway so I suggest u to occupy a seat on the left side of the puv. )
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #317
NOVO ECIJANO
BANNED

Likes (Received): 149

dont worry your grammar is good enough and is better than mine and besides this forum is not an english subject.well,its been a month since we ha ve the last photos,im sure big changes have already been done,paging ichuo
NOVO ECIJANO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #318
ICHUO_MX

alright novo. i'll post some pics soon.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVO ECIJANO View Post

dont worry your grammar is good enough and is better than mine and besides this forum is not an english subject.well,its been a month since we ha ve the last photos,im sure big changes have already been done,paging ichuo
somebody in this forum told me once that we should speak in english,hehe, thanks by the way.i'll take a photo too once i see again the construction. i guess there's a lot of progress there.
Old April 8th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #320
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

Likes (Received): 311

good afternoon

guys is the consruction halted or not?
any pics also were also waiting in the PNR thread

Tags
philippines, trains