daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM   #101
nouveau.ukiyo

Likes (Received): 25

Thanks for the post, I learned a lot. Manila and The Philippines are places in dire need of decent public transportation.
nouveau.ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM   #102
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Go Philippines!
I hope they will keep restructurizing and making new railways in Pinas!

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM   #103
New York Morning
BANNED

Likes (Received): 423

u r welcome) If smb can add smth u r welcome
New York Morning no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #104
ICHUO_MX

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyface View Post
Hey Mr. Threadstarter (Wheel of Steel), do you know where exactly is the location of the Guiguinto Terminal? Can you pinpoint the absolute spot?
hI FOXYFACE.

Sa may Tabang cloverleaf po siya.

You may search it from wikimapia, GUIGUINTO STATION or TABANG.

it's underconstruction.
ICHUO_MX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #105
wheel of steel

Likes (Received): 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICHUO_MX View Post
hI FOXYFACE.

it's underconstruction.
Between the old Guiginto Station and Malolos Station. Just before you reach an industrial part of that area.

Where Economic Miracle Awaits You!!!

Subic-Clark, Batangas, Metro Cebu, CDO-Iligan
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #106
foxyface

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
hI FOXYFACE.

it's underconstruction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel of steel View Post
Between the old Guiginto Station and Malolos Station. Just before you reach an industrial part of that area.
Sir ICHUO_MX and sir wheel of steel, thanks for the reply! Actually I bought a lot in Mira Verde, just 2.8km from the proposed station. Now I figured that in the near (hopefully) future, I'm gonna have to take a jeepney/trike ride from my place to the station (haha I was hoping it was just walking distance!). Anyway sirs, is there a new target date for the completion of this project?
foxyface no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #107
wheel of steel

Quote:
Sir ICHUO_MX and sir wheel of steel, thanks for the reply! Actually I bought a lot in Mira Verde, just 2.8km from the proposed station. Now I figured that in the near (hopefully) future, I'm gonna have to take a jeepney/trike ride from my place to the station (haha I was hoping it was just walking distance!). Anyway sirs, is there a new target date for the completion of this project?
It is estimated to be completed late next year for Malolos to caloocan stretch and 1 year later for Malolos to Clark.

Old August 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #108
foxyface

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel of steel View Post
It is estimated to be completed late next year for Malolos to caloocan stretch and 1 year later for Malolos to Clark.
That is absolutely cool sir wheel of steel! My decision to put up my dreamhouse directly correlates to the completion of this project, since everyone in the family works in Metro Manila. Hopefully this latest deadline will be beaten, because the last time I checked, target date was 2007 and was widely published not just in the news, but also on upcoming subdivision projects in the entire Bulacan province (Northrail is being used as a strong selling point). Anyway, backreading this thread, I learned that there were revisions, hence the delay. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
foxyface no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:57 AM   #109
pi_malejana

Likes (Received): 188

Sunday, 30 August 2009
The Good News: Northrail projects civil works near completion

Civil works on the Northrail project is expected to be completed as early as this month in time for its much anticipated opening next year.

One of the flagship projects of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, the NorthRail project is envisioned to provide an efficient transport system between Metro Manila and Central and Northern Luzon and provide solution to the traffic problem and help decongest the metropolis.

The initial phase of the Northrail Project entails the reconstruction and upgrading of the rail line from the existing Caloocan Station to the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport (DMIA) in a bid to develop the Clark Special Economic Zone (CSEZ) as the foremost transshipment logistics hub in the Asia-Pacific region.

Phase I of the project is the dual-track rail service from Caloocan to Malolos, Bulacan under Section 1. Section 2 completes the rail service from Malolos to the DMIA.

The railway project from Caloocan to Malolos will interconnect and improve access to major transportation facilities in the Manila-Clark-Subic economic triangle, particularly Fort Bonifacio, Clark SEZ, Subic SEZ, and Poro Point in La Union.

The North Rail project Section I will have stations in Caloocan, Valenzuela, Marilao, Bocaue, Guiguinto, and Malolos.

So far, some 20,000 families residing within the rail line's right of way have already been relocated by the National Housing Authority (NHA).

Last April, the President approved the P645-million supplemental loan for Phase 1 of the NorthRail-SouthRail linkage project that will provide an efficient transport service and encourage urban development in other areas in Central, Northern, and Southern Luzon.

Phase 1 of the project covers the rehabilitation of the 34-kilometer rail section from Caloocan to Alabang, and the track renewal from Caloocan to España.

Last July, the President also launched the new trains of the newly-revitalized Philippine National Railways (PNR) by riding the new train from Tutuban to Buendia, which is expected to stretch up to the Bicol region by next year.

The NorthRail-SouthRail projects are among the flagship infrastructure projects enumerated by the President in her State-of-the-Nation Adress (SONA), particularly for the five super regions of the country that were programmed to catapult the country into First World status by 2020.

The Northrail project from Malolos to Clark is pegged at P39.3 billion; the Southrail project linking Metro Manila, Calamba and up to Bicol is estimated at P48.5 billion.

The President's major SONA projects are expected to enhance the country's economic growth and create jobs and leave behind a legacy of sustained development, prosperity and progress for generations to come.

Through the President's effective tax reforms, the government
has improved revenue efforts to generate about P6.5 trillion over the medium term to help fund these vital projects.

From 2004 to 2007, public infrastructure spending increased from P37.4 billion to P117.3 billion, an unprecedented figure reflecting the administration's seriousness to enhance the country's global competitiveness. (PND)
pi_malejana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #110
ICHUO_MX

Quote:
Malayo po ang MiraVerde sa magiging Guiguinto Station.
1. Tryke para makapunta sa crossing ng Cruz. (1 min ride or less)
2. Jeep para makapunta ng Tabang. (5 - 7 minutes ride)

Last edited by ICHUO_MX; September 9th, 2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #111
ICHUO_MX

Talagang sa tingin ko binibilisan nila nag pagpapagawa nito.
Nahinto lang sila dahil sa tuluy-tuloy na pag-ulan.

May pics ako ng place, kaso hindi ko alam pano maglagay dito.
Old September 10th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #112
wheel of steel

Quote:
Talagang sa tingin ko binibilisan nila nag pagpapagawa nito.
Nahinto lang sila dahil sa tuluy-tuloy na pag-ulan.

May pics ako ng place, kaso hindi ko alam pano maglagay dito.
Madali lang magpost ng photos.

Kung gusto mo type mo na lang sa post mo yung image location (eg www.flickr/xxxxxxx). Kami na lang magpopost

Old October 29th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #113
pi_malejana

Northrail Updates!!!

Malolos Station

Guiguinto Station

Old November 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM   #114
pi_malejana

from happosai

Quote:
The evolution of PNR Blumentritt (San Lazaro) Station

Old November 26th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #115
ICHUO_MX

marami ng mga pundasyon yung tulad sa lrt, naktayo sa malolos, ganun din sa guiguinto station. sinisimulan na rin ang bandang cruz, guiguinto sa paggawa ng pundasyon din, mga elevated. dito yung malapit ang mira verde. sa bandang balagtas na rin, (talaga bang walnag station ito? dati kasi meron) gingawa na rin ang tulay sa bandang ilog na tutulayan ng tren. sa bandang bocaue na rin, sinisimulan na ang paggwa ng station. sa marilao, still wala pa rin, kasi sa tabi ng sm (sa pagkakaalam ko) ang station nito. sosyal ang sm, sa harap nito may elevated rail na dadaaanan ng tren. umabot n rin pala sa bandang calumpit ang pag demolish ng mga tatamaan ng riles.
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #116
ICHUO_MX

at marami akong nakikitang intsik sa project na to.
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:46 AM   #117
pi_malejana

Quote:
marami ng mga pundasyon yung tulad sa lrt, naktayo sa malolos, ganun din sa guiguinto station. sinisimulan na rin ang bandang cruz, guiguinto sa paggawa ng pundasyon din, mga elevated. dito yung malapit ang mira verde. sa bandang balagtas na rin, (talaga bang walnag station ito? dati kasi meron) gingawa na rin ang tulay sa bandang ilog na tutulayan ng tren. sa bandang bocaue na rin, sinisimulan na ang paggwa ng station. sa marilao, still wala pa rin, kasi sa tabi ng sm (sa pagkakaalam ko) ang station nito. sosyal ang sm, sa harap nito may elevated rail na dadaaanan ng tren. umabot n rin pala sa bandang calumpit ang pag demolish ng mga tatamaan ng riles.
thanks for the updates but we have to keep the posts in english...

(btw, he's basically saying they're already working on the viaduct sections, stations, and a bridge..)

Old November 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #118
wheel of steel

Quote:
Ichou, thanks a lot my friend. he he he... Actually they're supervising the project,the Chinese. Most of the workers of the substructure and superstructure will be done mainly by Filipino Subconstractors. That's exactly what is happening right now at Malolos and Bocaue. Soon at Santo Tomas to San Fernando Section of Pampanga side of Northrail.

I have here scanned blueprint of the design of the viaduct. Im just finishing it so I can post it here edited. Valenzuela, Bocuae, Guiguinto and Malolos all have different designs. Ill post it maybe on Sunday.

The piers or columns is much bigger in size than in LRT1. Dimensions is 2m x 2.5m for Northrail while 1.7m x 1.7m at LRT1 North Extensions.

Old November 27th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #119
wheel of steel

Quote:

Abangan ninyo yung Valenzuela Viaduct section kasi ito yung pinakamataas na viaduct portion na gagawin. Napakaganda ng prefabricated box girders. Im sure you gonna love the design.

ICHOU, please continue to update us. Kahit walang pictures, ok lang basta please continue the updates. It's so important..

Many many thanks and goodluck to the Philippines Most Modern Heavy Railway Project....

Old November 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #120
wheel of steel

image hosted on flickr

Tags
philippines, trains