SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Madurai Region Projects II

4M views 14K replies 445 participants last post by  Smile_always 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wipro, HCL and Satyam to establish in Madurai IT Park

Let me start this new topic with some good news on the IT field in Madurai,

http://www.dinamalar.com/2007aug28/district/madurai.asp

As per the report in the above Dinamalar link, Wipro, Satyam and HCL's establishment at Madurai IT Park near MKU has been confirmed. They have applied for Electric connections also.

------------------------------------------------
Let us hope that it's a good start for many other good news on the IT field in Madurai.

#3 ·
^^ Great news and hope ELCOT makes these new developments public. The report goes on to say that many medium and small IT companies have also booked for space in both the IT and TIDEL parks. I hope the government creates necessary infrastructure near MKU so that Wipro, Sathyam and HCL can start operations ASAP.

Here is the link to the news,

http://epaper.dinamalar.com/Web/Madurai/Article/2007/08/28/007/28_08_2007_007_002.jpg

#6 ·
^^
It looks like a very good progress. I heard it from mduvignesh about the same few days ago too. Also, it looks like the old MG line has been dismantled in the entire Madurai-Dindigul stretch and new BG sleepers have been put in place, ready for laying the BG line. But, no major work seems to have happened on that.

mduvignesh, can you explain further? Can you share any photos or videos, if you have ?

#9 ·
^^ Ya its good that the Ellis nagar bridge has two arms on the Periyar bus stand side. This will help in reducing the chaos we see outside at the Exit of the bus stand.

I would be very much disappointed if this project takes another year to complete. I hope they complete it before March 2008.

#10 · (Edited)
String to setup MPO center in Madurai

Chennai, Aug. 29: String Real Estate Information Service, a mortgage process outsourcing company, is planning to double its headcount to 1,100 by December 2007.

The Chennai-based company is also setting up centres at Trichy and Madurai. Both these centres will be operational by March 2007 and will accommodate 200 people each. The $6 million company would be spending over 4 million for the expansion projects.

"Being uniquely and exclusively focused on outsourcing solutions for the mortgage industry, Strings sees an opportunity in the current crisis,’’ said String’s CEO and founder Prashant Kothari adding that the total value of all back-office and transaction-processing activities annually is $100 billion of which $10 billion is add-ressable offshore market.
http://www.asianage.com/presentatio...ata-steel-posts-net-profit-at-rs-6,388cr.aspx

P.S : MPO - Mortgage Process Outsourcing

#11 ·
Planning Commission to reconsider/reaccess Villupuram-Dindigul doubling

Minister R.Velu has met Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia and has requested him to approve Dindigul-Villupuram doubling. Montek Singh has agreed to reconsider this project. Railway Minister Lallu Prasad Yadav has also written an official letter to planning commission requesting them to reconsider and approve this project at the earliest.

http://epaper.dinamalar.com/Web/Madurai/Article/2007/08/30/014/30_08_2007_014_004.jpg

#14 ·
From today's Dinamalar Epaper, I saw the Ad about the inauguration of Velammal Engineering College on the 30th. This college will be at Viraganoor I guess. Anyone knows more about it? Good to see an additional Engineering college at Madurai.
The trust website says it is a college established in 17 acres.. It is in Velammal Nagar where they already have a Matriculation school and the construction of huge hospital is going on..
Few days back, on an article on how engineering college seats got filled this year, it said that Velammal college in Madurai was the only new college to have the seats filled quickly (about 85-90%)..

#18 ·
^^
It looks like a very good progress. I heard it from mduvignesh about the same few days ago too. Also, it looks like the old MG line has been dismantled in the entire Madurai-Dindigul stretch and new BG sleepers have been put in place, ready for laying the BG line. But, no major work seems to have happened on that.

mduvignesh, can you explain further? Can you share any photos or videos, if you have ?
Hi All,
The MDU - DG doubling work is progressing good . All MG rails were removed from Dindugal to Madurai. Small bridge (ground works)works are progressing on, all the way between madurai and dindugal.RCC boxes were kept in place below the track.
Regarding Vaigai bridge - work is progressing good. i have taken some photos and videos, will upload later.
Also i have noted Madurai - dindugal NH work is also progressing well, roads are laid in many parts.Many small bridge construction works are going on.

#19 ·
Hi All,
The MDU - DG doubling work is progressing good . All MG rails were removed from Dindugal to Madurai. Small bridge (ground works)works are progressing on, all the way between madurai and dindugal.RCC boxes were kept in place below the track.
Regarding Vaigai bridge - work is progressing good. i have taken some photos and videos, will upload later.
Also i have noted Madurai - dindugal NH work is also progressing well, roads are laid in many parts.Many small bridge construction works are going on.
BG is exactly going to be laid over the MG line? or BG is going to adjacent to existing BG line?
Previously,the MG line was not always going adjacent to the BG line,some places BG line moves away from the MG line.

Now what is the design proposal?The new BG is going to exactyly replace the existing MG line or it is designed to be laid parallel to existing BG line?

#20 ·
BG is exactly going to be laid over the MG line? or BG is going to adjacent to existing BG line?
Previously,the MG line was not always going adjacent to the BG line,some places BG line moves away from the MG line.

Now what is the design proposal?The new BG is going to exactyly replace the existing MG line or it is designed to be laid parallel to existing BG line?
New BG will be replaced with the existing MG line because
1. All MG rails are removed and concrete sleepers were kept near the MG line.
2. RCC concrete boxes were kept near the MG line and in some places those RCC boxes were kept in place below the track.
3. There are small hills located in the existing BG line, so if at all they lay new BG parallel to existing BG then hill should be carved out.
4. In some places, BG line is very much elevated than ground.

As per point 3 and 4 if they lay parallel with existing BG - land aqiuisation should be done which will costs more.