daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu > Madurai

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 05:31 AM   #2021
Madurai

Likes (Received): 107

I am happy to see that the Omni bus stand is going to be moved to MIBS/T. But, the authorities should plan properly and build 8 lane roads in and around MIBS/T. At least, they should construct 6 lane roads and have provisions for 8 lanes. With all the markets getting moved, coupled with these bus stands and the proximity of HC bench and Ring road(more to come), it definitely warrants 8 lane roads in this stretch.

Also, the ring roads near the intersections should have 6 lanes for at least a few Kms before converging to four lanes. This will help in free flow of traffic thereby avoiding congestion inside the city also.
Madurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:27 AM   #2022
ANANTH

Likes (Received): 1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_network View Post
http://www.dinamalar.com/Tamilagaserapuseithigal/t1.asp

the news reported thatOmni bus lobby to be broken, it needs to be moved to MIBS, MDU.

It will be really good if the Omni bus operators move out of current location. But I doubt, they come with so many excuses and different stories and not willing to budge at all. Ideally no heavy vehicles including buses, lorries, trucks should be allowed to ply within the old city area. This will greatly reduce the congestion and help the residents and tourists
ANANTH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:02 AM   #2023
Madurai

Pawan Hans Helicopter Service between Madurai and Kodaikkanal

http://dkn.dinakaran.co.in/showxml.a...046&code=17320

As per the Dinakaran news in the above link, swift work is being undertaken to start helicopter service between Madurai and Kodaikkanal in the first phase.

Locations were inspected at Rameswaram and Kodaikkanal. Mother Terasa University's concerns about the Heli-pad locations were sorted out.

Services could start in 3 months, if all goes well.

--------------------------------------------

How many more such news are we going to see? At least this news gives a reason for the delay in services to Kodaikkanal, indirectly.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM   #2024
Madurai gilli

Likes (Received): 567

Hi Friends, I've posted some different snapshots in Madurai views thread...please see them too....

Judgement delayed is judgement denied !
Madurai gilli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM   #2025
madhan

Likes (Received): 82

Unclear updates in ELCOT site...

I am kind of confused on the latest updates regarding the IT park land allotment in Tier II cities in the ELCOT website.

The following link gives the land availability in the IT parks..
http://www.elcot.in/elcot_landrequirements_list.php

It does not have Madurai at all in the list.. what does it mean?? Entire area is filled?? But chennai and coimbatore, which are also completely filled too, appear in the list.

More confusion is yet to come..
Here is the latest ad in ELCOT site inviting the expression of interest for 4 IT parks..
http://www.elcot.in/land_requirement_new.php

It says 60 acres is still available..
madhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #2026
madurai veeran
One Solution - Revolution

Likes (Received): 3

The first link has few mistakes like omitting Madurai IT SEZ information, no allotment of land in Trichy SEZ, complete allotment in Hosur SEZ etc. I hope ELCOT will correct all those mistakes.

I dont think Vadapalanji SEZ (240 acrs) is completely sold out. AFAIK the allotment has been to Satyam (50 acres), HCL (60 acres), Sutherland (5 acres), not sure how much Syntel and Caliber Point have been alloted.

TN govt GO in this regard, http://www.elcot.in/GO/MS26.pdf

Only the Ilandhaikulam SEZ is sold out. Just a recap, HCL (5 acres), Honeywell (5 acres), Tessolve (2.5 acres), ELCOT/TIDEL park (11 acres).

Link to Ilandhaikulam SEZ layout, http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8...mlayoutyw1.jpg

Allotment looks good, but they should plan to start construction at both SEZs as soon as possible. MK has got time for many things like talk on Hogenakkal issue and spark tension, but has no time to come down to Madurai for IT park inauguration.
madurai veeran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:36 AM   #2027
Madurai

Two routes to be proposed for Uthangudi-Samayanallur Ring Road

Two routes to be proposed for Uthangudi-Samayanallur 4 lane Ring road in May. NHAI is expected to appropve one of those.

http://dkn.dinakaran.co.in/showxml.a...833&code=16571
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #2028
ANANTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurai veeran View Post
The first link has few mistakes like omitting Madurai IT SEZ information, no allotment of land in Trichy SEZ, complete allotment in Hosur SEZ etc. I hope ELCOT will correct all those mistakes.

I dont think Vadapalanji SEZ (240 acrs) is completely sold out. AFAIK the allotment has been to Satyam (50 acres), HCL (60 acres), Sutherland (5 acres), not sure how much Syntel and Caliber Point have been alloted.

TN govt GO in this regard, http://www.elcot.in/GO/MS26.pdf

MK has got time for many things like talk on Hogenakkal issue and spark tension, but has no time to come down to Madurai for IT park inauguration.
Even if MK has no interest in visiting madurai for the inauguration, let him do it from chennai. With technology advancement, today it is possible. Let the authorities concerned start the work immediately without waiting for MK or anybody's time. Because they will have no time for Madurai but all time for chennai and chennai and chennai
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #2029
maduraihyd

Likes (Received): 0

Google

Hello Chaps,

I'm a System admin in Hyderabad working for British Telecom.I hav a gud news for our madurai chaps.I hope that all would have heard the news abt google given by Madurai Gilli.Ya it's true,Google is going to step up its foot in madurai by 2009.I don't know where they are going to build up.I got this news from one of my friends,a Google employee.

One more thing,Just do a favor for me chaps.As I'm in Hyderabad I couldn't get the daily updates of IT parks,Airport,.....in madurai.So plz update for me with Photos
Old April 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #2030
Madurai gilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by maduraihyd View Post
Hello Chaps,

I'm a System admin in Hyderabad working for British Telecom.I hav a gud news for our madurai chaps.I hope that all would have heard the news abt google given by Madurai Gilli.Ya it's true,Google is going to step up its foot in madurai by 2009.I don't know where they are going to build up.I got this news from one of my friends,a Google employee.

One more thing,Just do a favor for me chaps.As I'm in Hyderabad I couldn't get the daily updates of IT parks,Airport,.....in madurai.So plz update for me with Photos

Excellent ! We were happy on hearing the news on GOOGLE in madurai itself ! And now, We are 75% satisfied by your confrmation from you & your friend ( Google employee )....Only our 25% satisfaction lies on the Official announcement from GOOGLE...Anyway thanks Mr.Maduraihyd for your "FIRST BUT THE BEST Contribution " to our SSC-Madurai thread !

Old April 5th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #2031
ANANTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by maduraihyd View Post
Hello Chaps,

Welcome to our madurai group. Hope to see you with more and more news about our beloved madurai
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #2032
Madurai

Google had plans to tie up with Arvind Eye hospital on research acitvities. I think this is the news that we are hearing.
Old April 6th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #2033
ANANTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madurai View Post

Google had plans to tie up with Arvind Eye hospital on research acitvities. I think this is the news that we are hearing.
I also think so. Few months back, Google C.E.O had come to madurai on a private visit in his jet and met with officials of Aravind Eye Hospital.
Old April 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #2034
babulal

Likes (Received): 0

No progress but in papers!!!

It is unfortunate that no development plan is gaining momentum in Madurai.

JNNURM - I dream, dreamt and dreamt but no way I am riding in elevated highways in the city. Bye pass Road six laning -Probably Madurai will be getting this by 2100 A.D. By then one third of world may go down the waters due to greenhouse effect.

ELCOT the greatest dramatist - I advised one engg. stud that Madurai would be getting some IT industries by 2008. But ha ha, still I could see ELCOT people is selling lands for IT foums. All the land would be sold by 2050 A.D. I have never seen such brokers in real.

On Corporation area expansion: Madurai Corporation area will not expanded beyond the present limit, as there were pressures from ugly and illiterate politicians not to merge their villages or towns. But I feel that Madurai will be getting a Metro status by 2200 A.D. Before that Ramagundam in A.P, Dimapur in Nagaland would become greatest new metropolises.

No new industries for Madurai. Everything for Chennai and its Metropolitan area. Then for what Madurai is here? Pl support me in this case ,that Madurai shall be dissolved into 100 Panchayats, each with 10,000 population. No new IIT's or IIM's. I don't know why Tiruvarur should have an IIM.
Let Vellore, Tiruppur and Erode cherish and Madurai perish.

With Agony and Anger.
babulal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #2035
madurai veeran
One Solution - Revolution

Likes (Received): 3

I really cannot comprehend anything from the out of proportion pessimistic thoughts of yours. Firstly you need to know that JNNURM schemes are for 7 years and that Madurai is doing better compared to CBE. In CBE even for the sanctioned projects there is stiff opposition from opposite parties in corporation for political gains. In Madurai vagai drinking water scheme II is progressing well and will be completed in the middle of this year. Solid waste management project has started and targetted to be completed in 2009. Secondly road and traffic improvement projects have not been sanctioned yet, so these will be happening only at the later stages.

Corporation expansion is a difficult issue and it all depends on how the town panchayat, municipality leader are convinced. The city expansion has to happen soon. Who said Tiruvarur is going to get IIM ?, first follow the forum regularly to get clear updates.
madurai veeran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #2036
Madurai gilli

Some sort of Construction works in SAHARA TOWNSHIP-MADURAI

Hi Friends, A Good news for you all !

I and our forumer Madurai Thalapathy went for a roaming visit in Madurai south ,today.... Actually, Mr.Thalapathy wish to book a house in upcoming SAHARA Township....We,then got into the SAHARA Site and enquired the security guards , " To whom should we contact to book a property in this township ? "

He replied us a Good news that a new Manager was appointed this week for SAHARA Township-Madurai and the Booking Office is going to be functional by next monday....Also he said the model of township will be kept in the booking office and the customers can book their property in their willing area inside the huge 105 acres township...BOOKINGS for SAHARA Township Madurai will begin by next monday...

Then we enquired him about the Construction works in the site...He replied us that now-the Preliminary works of constructing appropriate Offices, Arches , Darshan sthal etc, are going on in the site...Also, he said that CONSTRUCTION of the much awaiting township is going to begin by this month end.

Any SSC Forumers Planned of booking Your dream house in the much-awaited SAHARA Township can book it next week....

Old April 7th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #2037
Madurai gilli

CONSTRUCTION WORKS STARTED for new TERMINAL in Madurai Airport-1

Old April 7th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #2038
Madurai gilli

TONNES OF CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS in Madurai Airport for new terminal construction

Old April 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #2039
Madurai gilli

CONSTRUCTION WORKS STARTED for new TERMINAL in Madurai Airport-2

Old April 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #2040
Madurai gilli

CONSTRUCTION WORKS STARTED for new TERMINAL in Madurai Airport-3