daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu > Madurai

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 11th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #8821
Arul Murugan

Likes (Received): 3073

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongutamizhan View Post
@ Arul,

I also have reservations about your quote when you said that "software industry and engineering service industry is the only industry which has not spread its wing to other parts of the state. Otherwise we are equal in developments in geographical division". No way.

It is like saying Person A has a huge villa, huge bank balance, no debt, a business to run plus 2-3 working family members is =
Neighbour B with 2 working family members but no huge bank balance and with say house debt = Neighbour C with no debt and a job. See the logic? You are oversimplifying by equating Person A (chennai) who possesses everything with Person B and C who has few things that A has and saying that all three neighbours are equal. Of-course there are person D's in our society too who has nothing
I agree, there may be error in my analysis. But my point was to prove that the not only the so called Chennai gvt alone developing! other part also developing and gvt is spening money in every part of the state (udaney CG fund nu sollathinga)

I didn't equate A=B=C=D, my analysis was to show Chennai has A+B+C+D category of people, so does the Kannyakumari has A+B+C+D section of people.

If we take a survey, we will come to know who spend lot of money for gold in TN for marriage, it would be Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Kumari and Virudhunagar district, if these dt are under developed where many people get money for giving KG of golds for marriages? anyone from nellai and tuticorin will surely acknowledge my point!

And you talked about oppurtunity, yes we dont have it.. you and me or many in this forum in their home towns, but does it mean the 10lakhs graduates coming from colleges in different fields like arts, science, commerce, economics, mbbs, engineering etc., dont hav oppurtunity in their districts itself? then you are wrong! the oppurtunity for engineering graduates and mba's in reputed col don't have in their home town.. they have to or forced to migrate to chennai/bengaluru etc., I see in-equality exists here only and not in every field of economics. Even in civil engineering, many tends to settle in their home town because they create their own business and make good profit out of it!

அருள் முருகன்
தமிழ்நாடு/இந்தியா
Arul Murugan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 11th, 2011, 04:51 AM   #8822
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 551

New Digital Production School in Madurai

The Digital Production School was inaugrated at Madurai K.K Nagar yesterday by the director Ameer.

http://dpschool.in/
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #8823
ANANTH

Likes (Received): 1085

Quote:
Not that his number crunching is wrong or anything against Arul. Let me begin with this note I strongly disagree with his analysis :-)

It is like saying Person A has a huge villa, huge bank balance, no debt, a business to run plus 2-3 working family members is =
Neighbour B with 2 working family members but no huge bank balance and with say house debt = Neighbour C with no debt and a job. See the logic? You are oversimplifying by equating Person A (chennai) who possesses everything with Person B and C who has few things that A has and saying that all three neighbours are equal. Of-course there are person D's in our society too who has nothing
Hi i agree with your points. I also had a doubt this GDP and Per capita income is not the correct way of determining employment opportunities or development. That is why, I had mentioned before that we need to analyse in detail the workings before arriving at judgement by just calculating PCI.

For eg, there could be a big industry mostly automated and less labour intensive in a district. It may be big invesmtent and increase the GDP of that dist substantially but sadly it may hardly have given employment opportunities. This is an example. Again I am saying the same, we need to do into depth before concluding KK and virudhunagar are more developed or standard of living is better than Madras dist because of higher PCI
ANANTH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #8824
truthspeker

Likes (Received): 93

I am very happy to see this thread becomes Analytical & Enlightening one.

Successive arguments forced me to search & dig more information.

Wellness of an area is not related to its GDP. It is actually how much possible consumption per person of that area. For e.g. in an area there may not be any industries. But they may have good amount of money to spend due near kith and kins remittance from out side. So in academic area, they consider Actual Individual Consumption (AIC) instead of GDP.
In the post 8815 of kongutamizhan, speak more or less about it.

I have found one such analytical report of TN.

TN Govt Statistical department June 2005 to June 2006 report http://www.tnstat.gov.in/consumerexp-report.pdf.

Last edited by truthspeker; August 11th, 2011 at 07:00 AM.
truthspeker está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #8825
truthspeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post
employment generation in which field? Economy of a state or country is not depended on the white collar jobs sitting in office alone!(not your job or my job) !
We are more interested on Blue collar jobs. They only provide long lasting real development and large scale employment.
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:47 AM   #8826
truthspeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyfdsgew View Post
http://bit.ly/qD2dJr Here's great! I like! Recommended! I hope you like!
Thanks for your mind relaxing joke.!!!???
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #8827
truthspeker

Thanks to sarathy, Ananth, kongutamizhan & Arul Murugan of their recent contribution in this thread.
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #8828
mdu_giri

It is somewhere wrong ,when you consider GDP in district level.Foreign remittance comes under NDP (net domestic product).
GDP of a region gives the gross value of output from industries and services etc. and not the cumulative value of individual salaries. And when it is divided by population irrespective of whether they work or not,you get per capita income.If you employ low wage workers for high value products per capita income will be high though the individual income is less.

To understand the real development in very low level we need more break up of data.Some one can subscribe to Economic Intelligence service by Center for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) and post some statistics in this forum.
There are various data from Excise department.Excise revenue and service tax collected for each region is available from government websites.
Since many of our members analyze very deeply,they can collect these details for better analysis instead of using vague GDP figures.
mdu_giri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #8829
sarathy

Likes (Received): 16

@MBA graduates.

A silly doubt??

How the per-capita income is calculated. We (working in a IT / Private limited companies) are paying the tax and hence the govt knows about income & per-capita. If businessmen doesn't pay their taxes properly, How accurate will it be?

So showing their business capacity and the paying the proper tax will increase the Per-capita of a dt right?

If that is the case, there is no doubt that chennai / Bangalore / where ever limited companies presence is high rather than high-voltage small-scale business will have a high per-capita income?

Last edited by sarathy; August 11th, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
sarathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #8830
kongutamizhan

Likes (Received): 2186

Per capita = Total income of the region of your interest / Total population of the region

And you are correct, GDP doesn't take black money or parellel economy in to consideration. So if businessmen doesn't report properly that is black money which is not accounted for in per capita calculations
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #8831
sarathy

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:

Per capita = Total income of the region of your interest / Total population of the region

And you are correct, GDP doesn't take black money or parellel economy in to consideration. So if businessmen doesn't report properly that is black money which is not accounted for in per capita calculations
KT - Thanks for clarification.
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #8832
Leo_r
Amatuer Astronomer

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathy View Post
@MBA graduates.

A silly doubt??

How the per-capita income is calculated. ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_domestic_product
Leo_r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #8833
rsubbu.mdu

Likes (Received): 558

வெளிநாட்டு விமான சேவைக்கு தயாராகிறது மதுரை விமான நிலையம்
ஆகஸ்ட் 12,2011, Dinamalar

விரிவாக்கப் பணிகள் முடிந்துள்ள நிலையில், மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவைத் துவக்க, மத்திய நிதி அமைச்சகம் அனுமதியளித்துள்ளது. இதைத் தொடர்ந்து, சர்வதேச விமான நிலையமாக மாற, மதுரை விமான நிலையம் தயாராகிறது.
தென்மாவட்டங்களின் முக்கிய நகரமாக மதுரை விளங்குகிறது. கடந்த 1957ம் ஆண்டு, மதுரையில் ஒரு விமான நிலையம் அமைக்கப்பட்டது. கடந்த சில ஆண்டுகளாக, தென்மாவட்டங்களில் தொழில் வளர்ச்சி கணிசமான அளவிற்கு அதிகரித்துள்ளது. தொழில் ரீதியாக நாட்டின் மற்ற நகரங்களுக்கும், வெளிநாடுகளுக்கும் செல்வோர் எண்ணிக்கை பெருகி வருகிறது. அதிகரித்து வரும் விமானப் பயணிகளின் எண்ணிக்கையை கருத்தில் கொண்டு, மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தை விரிவுபடுத்தும் பணிகள் துவக்கப்பட்டன. முதற்கட்டமாக, 7,500 அடி நீளம் கொண்டிருந்த ரன்வேயை, பெரிய விமானங்களும் இறங்கும் வகையில் 12,500 சதுர அடி கொண்ட ரன்வேயாக விரிவுபடுத்தப்பட்டது. இதையடுத்து, அதிநவீனமான டெர்மினல்கள் உருவாக்கப்பட்டன.
தென்மாவட்டங்களில் நிலவும் வறட்சி காரணமாக, ராமநாதபுரம், சிவகங்கை, விருதுநகர், திருநெல்வேலி உள்ளிட்ட சில மாவட்டங்களைச் சேர்ந்த இளைஞர்கள், வெளிநாடுகளுக்கு வேலைக்குச் செல்கின்றனர். துபாய், சிங்கப்பூர், மலேசியா மற்றும் இலங்கை நாடுகளுக்கு செல்வோர் அதிகம். இவர்கள் அனைவரும் சென்னை, திருச்சி, கோவை விமான நிலையங்களையே பயன்படுத்த வேண்டியுள்ளது. மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தை சர்வதேச விமான நிலையமாக அறிவித்து, வெளிநாட்டு விமானச் சேவையைத் துவக்கினால் பெரும் பயன் கிடைக்கும்.
மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தை சர்வதேச விமான நிலையமாக மாற்ற வேண்டும் என்று நீண்ட நாட்களாக ஒரு கோரிக்கை இருந்து வருகிறது. இதை நிறைவேற்றும் வகையில், முதற்கட்டமாக மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவை துவக்க, மத்திய நிதி அமைச்சகம் அனுமதியளித்துள்ளது. இது குறித்து சமீபத்தில் சென்னையில் பேட்டியளித்த இந்திய விமான நிலைய ஆணையத்தின் தலைவர் அகர்வால், "மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவைத் துவக்க, நிதி அமைச்சகம் அனுமதியளித்துள்ளது. அடுத்த கட்டமாக, கஸ்டம்ஸ் கவுன்டர்கள் அமைக்கும் பணி துவக்கப்படும். சர்வதேச விமானங்கள் மதுரையிலிருந்து இயக்கப்படும் போது, கஸ்டம்ஸ் மற்றும் இமிகிரேஷன் பிரிவுகள் அவசியம். கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவிற்கு அனுமதி கிடைத்துள்ள நிலையில், இமிகிரேஷன் பிரிவைத் துவக்க அனுமதிக்கும்படி தமிழக அரசிடம் கேட்டுள்ளோம்' என்றார்.
மதுரை விமான நிலையத்திற்கான கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவு குறித்து, கஸ்டம்ஸ் உயர் அதிகாரி ஒருவரை கேட்டபோது, "மதுரையில் இருந்து எத்தனை விமானங்கள் வெளிநாடு சேவை நடத்தப் போகின்றன என்ற எண்ணிக்கையின் அடிப்படையில் தான் அங்கு கஸ்டம்ஸ் அதிகாரிகள் நியமிக்கப்படுவர். விமானங்களின் எண்ணிக்கை அதிகமாக இருந்தால், நிரந்தரமாக கஸ்டம்ஸ் அதிகாரிகள் செயல்படுவர். குறைவாக இருந்தால், வெளிநாட்டு விமானங்களின் வருகை மற்றும் புறப்பாட்டின் போது மட்டும் பணியாற்றுவர். மதுரை விமான நிலையத்திற்கு திருச்சியில் இருந்து கஸ்டம்ஸ் அதிகாரிகளை அனுப்புவதா அல்லது மதுரையில் உள்ள கஸ்டம்ஸ் அதிகாரிகளையே பயன்படுத்தலாமா என்பது குறித்து, ஆலோசனை நடந்து வருகிறது' என்றார்.
விமான நிறுவனங்கள் ரெடி: மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் இருந்து வெளிநாட்டுச் சேவையைத் துவக்க, பல விமான நிறுவனங்கள் தயாராக உள்ளன. மதுரையில் இருந்து சிங்கப்பூர், மலேசியா, இலங்கை மற்றும் துபாய் ஆகிய நாடுகளுக்கான பயணிகள் மற்றும் கார்கோ போக்குவரத்து அதிகமாக இருக்கும் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது. ஏற்கனவே, மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தை, ஸ்ரீலங்கன் ஏர்லைன்ஸ் அதிகாரிகள் குழு பார்வையிட்டு சென்றுள்ளது. ஏர் ஆசியா நிறுவனமும் மதுரையில் இருந்து கோலாலம்பூருக்கு விமான சேவை நடத்த விருப்பம் தெரிவித்துள்ளது. கஸ்டம்ஸ், இமிகிரேஷன் பிரிவுகள் துவக்கப்பட்ட அடுத்த நாளில் இருந்தே வெளிநாட்டு விமானச் சேவையை துவக்க, மதுரை விமான நிலையம் தயாராக உள்ளது. -எஸ்.உமாபதி.
--------------------------
International flight operations to start soon at Madurai airport (IXM)

- Madurai airport was established in 1957
- Runway extended to 12,500 ft
- Customs set up at the airport has been approved by the Finance Ministry
- Request for Immigration set up has been made to SG
- Srilankan airlines have already visited IXM
- Air Asia has expressed desire to start Kuala Lumpur - Malyasia sector-
- Once the immigrations facilities are done, international flights can start from the next day!!!
rsubbu.mdu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #8834
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsubbu.mdu View Post
வெளிநாட்டு விமான சேவைக்கு தயாராகிறது மதுரை விமான நிலையம்
ஆகஸ்ட் 12,2011, Dinamalar

விரிவாக்கப் பணிகள் முடிந்துள்ள நிலையில், மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவைத் துவக்க, மத்திய நிதி அமைச்சகம் அனுமதியளித்துள்ளது. இதைத் தொடர்ந்து, சர்வதேச விமான நிலையமாக மாற, மதுரை விமான நிலையம் தயாராகிறது.
தென்மாவட்டங்களின் முக்கிய நகரமாக மதுரை விளங்குகிறது. கடந்த 1957ம் ஆண்டு, மதுரையில் ஒரு விமான நிலையம் அமைக்கப்பட்டது. கடந்த சில ஆண்டுகளாக, தென்மாவட்டங்களில் தொழில் வளர்ச்சி கணிசமான அளவிற்கு அதிகரித்துள்ளது. தொழில் ரீதியாக நாட்டின் மற்ற நகரங்களுக்கும், வெளிநாடுகளுக்கும் செல்வோர் எண்ணிக்கை பெருகி வருகிறது. அதிகரித்து வரும் விமானப் பயணிகளின் எண்ணிக்கையை கருத்தில் கொண்டு, மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தை விரிவுபடுத்தும் பணிகள் துவக்கப்பட்டன. முதற்கட்டமாக, 7,500 அடி நீளம் கொண்டிருந்த ரன்வேயை, பெரிய விமானங்களும் இறங்கும் வகையில் 12,500 சதுர அடி கொண்ட ரன்வேயாக விரிவுபடுத்தப்பட்டது. இதையடுத்து, அதிநவீனமான டெர்மினல்கள் உருவாக்கப்பட்டன.
தென்மாவட்டங்களில் நிலவும் வறட்சி காரணமாக, ராமநாதபுரம், சிவகங்கை, விருதுநகர், திருநெல்வேலி உள்ளிட்ட சில மாவட்டங்களைச் சேர்ந்த இளைஞர்கள், வெளிநாடுகளுக்கு வேலைக்குச் செல்கின்றனர். துபாய், சிங்கப்பூர், மலேசியா மற்றும் இலங்கை நாடுகளுக்கு செல்வோர் அதிகம். இவர்கள் அனைவரும் சென்னை, திருச்சி, கோவை விமான நிலையங்களையே பயன்படுத்த வேண்டியுள்ளது. மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தை சர்வதேச விமான நிலையமாக அறிவித்து, வெளிநாட்டு விமானச் சேவையைத் துவக்கினால் பெரும் பயன் கிடைக்கும்.
மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தை சர்வதேச விமான நிலையமாக மாற்ற வேண்டும் என்று நீண்ட நாட்களாக ஒரு கோரிக்கை இருந்து வருகிறது. இதை நிறைவேற்றும் வகையில், முதற்கட்டமாக மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவை துவக்க, மத்திய நிதி அமைச்சகம் அனுமதியளித்துள்ளது. இது குறித்து சமீபத்தில் சென்னையில் பேட்டியளித்த இந்திய விமான நிலைய ஆணையத்தின் தலைவர் அகர்வால், "மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவைத் துவக்க, நிதி அமைச்சகம் அனுமதியளித்துள்ளது. அடுத்த கட்டமாக, கஸ்டம்ஸ் கவுன்டர்கள் அமைக்கும் பணி துவக்கப்படும். சர்வதேச விமானங்கள் மதுரையிலிருந்து இயக்கப்படும் போது, கஸ்டம்ஸ் மற்றும் இமிகிரேஷன் பிரிவுகள் அவசியம். கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவிற்கு அனுமதி கிடைத்துள்ள நிலையில், இமிகிரேஷன் பிரிவைத் துவக்க அனுமதிக்கும்படி தமிழக அரசிடம் கேட்டுள்ளோம்' என்றார்.
மதுரை விமான நிலையத்திற்கான கஸ்டம்ஸ் பிரிவு குறித்து, கஸ்டம்ஸ் உயர் அதிகாரி ஒருவரை கேட்டபோது, "மதுரையில் இருந்து எத்தனை விமானங்கள் வெளிநாடு சேவை நடத்தப் போகின்றன என்ற எண்ணிக்கையின் அடிப்படையில் தான் அங்கு கஸ்டம்ஸ் அதிகாரிகள் நியமிக்கப்படுவர். விமானங்களின் எண்ணிக்கை அதிகமாக இருந்தால், நிரந்தரமாக கஸ்டம்ஸ் அதிகாரிகள் செயல்படுவர். குறைவாக இருந்தால், வெளிநாட்டு விமானங்களின் வருகை மற்றும் புறப்பாட்டின் போது மட்டும் பணியாற்றுவர். மதுரை விமான நிலையத்திற்கு திருச்சியில் இருந்து கஸ்டம்ஸ் அதிகாரிகளை அனுப்புவதா அல்லது மதுரையில் உள்ள கஸ்டம்ஸ் அதிகாரிகளையே பயன்படுத்தலாமா என்பது குறித்து, ஆலோசனை நடந்து வருகிறது' என்றார்.
விமான நிறுவனங்கள் ரெடி: மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் இருந்து வெளிநாட்டுச் சேவையைத் துவக்க, பல விமான நிறுவனங்கள் தயாராக உள்ளன. மதுரையில் இருந்து சிங்கப்பூர், மலேசியா, இலங்கை மற்றும் துபாய் ஆகிய நாடுகளுக்கான பயணிகள் மற்றும் கார்கோ போக்குவரத்து அதிகமாக இருக்கும் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது. ஏற்கனவே, மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தை, ஸ்ரீலங்கன் ஏர்லைன்ஸ் அதிகாரிகள் குழு பார்வையிட்டு சென்றுள்ளது. ஏர் ஆசியா நிறுவனமும் மதுரையில் இருந்து கோலாலம்பூருக்கு விமான சேவை நடத்த விருப்பம் தெரிவித்துள்ளது. கஸ்டம்ஸ், இமிகிரேஷன் பிரிவுகள் துவக்கப்பட்ட அடுத்த நாளில் இருந்தே வெளிநாட்டு விமானச் சேவையை துவக்க, மதுரை விமான நிலையம் தயாராக உள்ளது. -எஸ்.உமாபதி.
--------------------------
International flight operations to start soon at Madurai airport (IXM)

- Madurai airport was established in 1957
- Runway extended to 12,500 ft
- Customs set up at the airport has been approved by the Finance Ministry
- Request for Immigration set up has been made to SG
- Srilankan airlines have already visited IXM
- Air Asia has expressed desire to start Kuala Lumpur - Malyasia sector-
- Once the immigrations facilities are done, international flights can start from the next day!!!

idhellam ivainga nalla solluvainga... ana seiya than maataainga.....
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #8835
josephantony
மதுர காரேன் டா

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANANTH View Post
nobody asked you to respond or discuss. U on your own responded and got
Great one!

Ananth,I really became fan of your posts!!!
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
INdIa IS My COunTRY

Padre Alex Alias Joseph Antony

Last edited by josephantony; August 14th, 2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
josephantony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #8836
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

மதுரை : மதுரை மாவட்டத்தில் விவசாயிகள் வருவாயை பெருக்க "உழவர் உணவகம்' துவக்க கலெக்டர் சகாயம் நடவடிக்கை மேற்கொண்டுள்ளார். மதுரை கலெக்டர் சகாயம் விவசாயிகள் வருமானம் மேம்பட சில நடவடிக்கைகளை மேற்கொண்டுள்ளார். இதன்படி அவர் நாமக்கல்லில் அமல்படுத்திய "உழவர் உணவகத்தை' மதுரையிலும் துவக்க ஏற்பாடு செய்துள்ளார். உழவர் உணவகம் என்பது விவசாயிகள் தங்கள் பொருட்களை வைத்தே எளிய முறையில், மதிப்புக் கூட்டுப் பொருட்களை உருவாக்கி அவற்றை விற்பனை செய்வது. இதன்படி கம்பு, சோளம், கேழ்வரகு போன்றவற்றை பயன்படுத்தி பிஸ்கட்ஸ், மாவுப் பொருட்களை தயார் செய்வது, பால் உற்பத்தி செய்யும் விவசாயிகள் பால்கோவா, ஐஸ்கிரீம் போன்றவற்றை தயாரிப்பது என பொருட்களை தயாரித்து விற்பனை செய்ய வேண்டும். அவற்றை மார்க்கெட்டிங் செய்ய உழவர் சந்தைகள், வாக்கர்ஸ் கிளப்புகள் போன்றவற்றில் ஸ்டால் வழங்கப்படும். பொருட்களை தயாரிப்பதற்கு விவசாயிகளுக்கு பயிற்சியும் வழங்கப்பட்டு வருகிறது. ஒத்தக்கடையில் உள்ள மனையியல் கல்லூரி மற்றும் விவசாய அறிவியல் மையம் ஆகியவற்றில் முதற்கட்டமாக 25 விவசாயிகளுக்கு 2 நாள் பயிற்சி அளிக்கப்பட்டு வருகிறது. முதலில் சீனிவாசன் என்பவருக்கு பாலில் பொருட்களை தயார் செய்வது குறித்த பயிற்சி அளிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. விவசாயிகளுக்கு கடன் உதவிக்கும் வழிகாணப்படும். இத்திட்டத்தை அடுத்த வாரத்தில் துவக்குவது குறித்து கலெக்டர் சகாயம் ஆலோசனை செய்து வருகிறார்.

http://www.dinamalar.com/district_detail.asp?id=293433

Translation : Collector Sahayam has made an initiative to improve the income of the Farmers by opening the "uzhavar unavagam" in Madurai for helping the Farmers learn the art of making biscuits and flour from their harvested crops like millet, barley. This is the second one in T.N after Namakkal by our Collector Sahayam.
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #8837
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

It will help to prevent floods, says Corporation Commissioner

Madurai Corporation has embarked on the task of desilting all the 11 drainage channels criss-crossing the city ahead of the southwest monsoon. The work that began a couple of days back is scheduled to be completed by August 20.

After inspecting the work in Kiruthumal Nadi, Corporation Commissioner S. Natarajan said that the channels, silted up with sludge and wild growth over the years, would be cleaned for a length of over 51 km at a cost of Rs. 25 lakh. “It will help the rain water have a free flow without inundating the residential areas in the city during the monsoon. Besides, the tanks would also get filled up. The most beneficial aspect would be that the sewage-stagnant drainages will not be a breeding ground for mosquitoes,” he said.

Senior officials in the Corporation have been assigned the task of supervising the work and they would submit reports every day. While the deep sludge would be removed using machinery, men would be involved in clearing minor obstructions and clear the channels of plastic waste, he added. The officials have been asked to focus on removing the obstacles under the bridges and culverts.

Mr. Natarajan said that these works of removal of wild growth, desilting and cutting of channels were part of the contracts awarded to the contractors engaged in providing concrete lining of the channels under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission. “The construction works have been suspended owing to lack of funds. But, these works have to be carried out in the interest of the residents of the city. We are spending money from the Corporation's general fund. The expenditure incurred on these works will be duly deducted from the contractors,” the Commissioner said.

The channels that would be desilted are Pandulgudi, Managiri, Bibikulam, Kosakulam, Panaiyur, Anuppanadi, Chintamani, Sottathatti, Kiruthumal and Avaniapuram.

Mr. Natarajan said that the silt collected from the channels would be safely disposed of at the Corporation dumping yard at Vellaikkal.

West Zone Assistant Commissioner M.R. Samy and Executive Engineer M. Rajendran were present.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle2347521.ece

Last edited by madurakarenda; August 14th, 2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: added supporting link
Old August 14th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #8838
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

The government is all set to revise the guideline value of land to set right the anomalies in the registration of documents and to narrow down the difference in the market and guideline value of the properties across the State.

Addressing a review meeting of Madurai and Tirunelveli Zone Collectors and Registration Department officials here on Saturday, Inspector General of Registration Dharmendra Pratap Yadav instructed officials to complete field inspections and submit their recommendations for the revision of guideline value of land before October 31.

Only after Special Deputy Collector (Stamps) is consulted on the guideline value, will the registrations be done hereafter, he said.

Land value differences that are there would be streamlined under a broad classification and all the guidelines would be brought under it.

Mr. Yadav opined that all the anomalies could be settled with this new approach. Land will be registered only under the existing guideline value, whatever it is. Efforts like these would help to stabilise land prices.

Officials have to inspect all classification of land across the State to fix the guideline value. Registration of lands would become easier and simple only if the correct guideline value was available to the people, he noted.

When lands are registered according to their correct values, local bodies would also earn more revenue, he added.

Due to undue speculation, agricultural lands have been turned into housing sites and lay unproductive for years.

He also asked the Collectors to conduct review meetings with regard to registration as it not only brings more revenue to the government but also creates a lot of problems to the people if the documents are not registered properly. He also asked the Registration department officials to ensure that no dual values are fixed. Only street rates should be used in urban areas. “Let there be no survey numbers,” he said.

Mr. Yadav said that dual guideline values need to be eliminated. In Chennai and other major cities, this has been a persisting problem. Artificiality is there in land prices which needs to be checked thoroughly.

Speaking to the reporters, Mr. Yadav said that the officers should make appropriate proposals to the district committees to increase or decrease the guideline value if there are discrepancies.

The revised guideline value, once notified, should be widely publicised. The Inspector General appealed to the officers to extend their full cooperation to the exercise.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle2335829.ece
Old August 14th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #8839
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Steps taken to purchase more, says hospital authorities

The Government Rajaji Hospital (GRH), a major healthcare facility in south Tamil Nadu has been facing a shortage of stretchers and wheelchairs. To overcome the shortage, the hospital authorities have taken steps to get sufficient number of stretchers/wheelchairs for the benefit of patients.

Last week, relatives of some patients had complained that there was a shortage of both stretchers and wheelchairs, and that one stretcher was used to carry more than one or two patients.

A. Prahadeeswaran, Resident Medical Officer, told The Hindu on Thursday that steps had been taken to purchase more stretchers and wheelchairs immediately. “Only a month ago, we bought 20 stretchers and 10 wheelchairs and supplied them to the wards. We have asked for more and they would be procured soon,” he said.

The list of requirements was given to the hospital's new Medical Superintendent in-charge V. Ramanujam a few days ago. He assured to sanction them quickly.

The nursing superintendents of various wards have brought to the RMO's attention of the need for more stretchers and wheelchairs. “We can purchase them from the local funds itself which are meant for hospital maintenance. We shall be getting them at the earliest,” Dr. Prahadeeswaran said.

General surgery, accident emergency, head injury and gynaecology are the wards that need more stretchers and wheelchairs owing to the large volume of cases and the urgency with which they are to be attended to.

Another senior administration official said that recently 20 stretchers were bought through tender at a cost of Rs.15,500 each. Ten wheelchairs were purchased at Rs.11,000 each.

He justified the practice of taking two patients on a single stretcher. “Patients in the same ward may have to be taken for a scan or x-ray from the ward. So, we take them at a time and hence people should not find fault with that,” the official said.

According to hospital authorities, the old stretchers and wheelchairs which were damaged and could not be used had been sent for repairs. The in-patient strength runs to thousands a day

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle2347482.ece
Old August 14th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #8840
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

There is a surge in real estate activity in the temple town and more and more people consider it safer to invest in houses

“Be a proud owner of a plot just at the rate of a cent of land.” “Flats with all facilities are for sale. Only a few are left. What are you waiting for? Hurry up.” Posters and billboards scream from various vantage points in Madurai, desperately trying to catch the attention of people.

Clearly, the spiralling cost of construction and rising interest rates on housing loans seem to have had little impact on the mushrooming property developers and land promoters in the city. Experts say this should not be taken for a boom in the real-estate sector, but there is certainly a surge in buying and selling of land or flats.

“The market is volatile. It is difficult to predict. The increase in prices of building material beyond expected lines and labour costs make life difficult for the property developers. They cannot plan. Each month there is a 3-4 percent increase in costs,” says A. Chandramouli, vice-president, Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Associations of India (CREDAI), Madurai Chapter.

With banks hiking housing loan interest rates, customers are already feeling the pinch as it has brought down their eligibility for a loan. Still, one can find crowds waiting for hours at registration offices to get their properties registered, which only indicates that real estate has evolved as a prospective investment option.

“No doubt it turns out to be the best form of investment at present. With gold prices escalating and stock markets crashing, investing in land or a house seems to be a prudent option,” says Arun Vijaay Malli, one of the directors of Sathyasree Developers Private Limited.

“The concept of group housing is also gaining momentum with land prices on the upward swing. Investing in apartments is seen as a safe option. Compared to other tier-II cities there is not much business activity here, but the city has a huge potential,” he adds.

“Once, people dreamt of owning a house. But now they have gone beyond that. With well-employed children earning in lakhs, many parents think investing in flats is a better proposition for the future of the younger generations,” feels G. Selvakumar, a businessman.

There are also people showing keen interest in vacant plots which has tremendous potential for development. Cashing in on the enthusiasm, land promoters are trying their level best to woo the new crop of customers by making attractive offers. Most land promoters arrange for a free visit to their site which is always a few kilometres away from the city. They cite the distance from the city as an opportunity to live in a peaceful, unpolluted environment – away from the din and bustle.

“Buyers need to be more careful while looking at the documents, as there is every chance of them being forged. The land has to be encumbrance free and has to be a clear title. It is better to get a legal opinion before buying a plot,” says Ambigai Ramesh, a land promoter.

Experts in the field also feel that State Government's string of initiatives like cracking down on land grabbers, increasing the fees for registering power of attorney and trying to bridge the gap between guideline and market values will bring in a lot of trustworthiness in land dealing.

“To bring more credibility to the business, we at CREDAI try to solve the problems between property developers and buyers. We try to redress the genuine grievances of the buyers through an arbitration panel,” says Chandramouli.

There is no denying the potential that Madurai holds for property developers. With large corporate houses all set to enter the construction business in the city, one can expect the skyline of the temple town to change drastically in the coming years.

http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-sty...cle2342906.ece

Tags
madurai, madurai city, madurai developments