daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #181
ak72

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownBoy View Post
Who's going to be occupying these units? Urban dwellers, wealthy middle managers, or athletes a few days out of the year?
As of now only two of the terrace levels are taken, one on the 7th floor and one on the 8th. As you go up the fewer places are sold. The cheapest place is $299,000. Not ridiculously expensive but still not cheap. Butin answer to your question, right now it looks like everyone there will be living there full-time. Which is a lot better than 757 mass.

Chris: From the floorplans on their website it looks like the back will have windows and small balconies all the way up. So it won't be a blank wall at least.
ak72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #182
arenn

Likes (Received): 132

These are some of the most expensive places in the city. IIRC, some of the units were listed at $2.3 million. I suspect that, like much of the downtown housing that has been built, most of the units will end up as pieds-ā-terre.
Old August 20th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #183
speedblue47

Not everyone who spends money on a condo uses it as a pieds-a-terre. Some people actually spend money on the house they want to live in. Some people want to live near where they work. And sometimes, SOMETIMES, these people are the same people. This kind of project seems to call those people's names. Just a thought...
speedblue47 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM   #184
SpiderMonkey

Likes (Received): 36

Here a few pics taken from my office of the construction progress. As you can see they have started working on the facade along Mass Ave.

Last edited by SpiderMonkey; August 22nd, 2008 at 05:12 PM.
SpiderMonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:10 PM   #185
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Nice photos SpiderMonkey. I was just at MacNiven's last night and was thinking that we hadn't gotten a photo update from you in a while!

Interesting to see that it looks like they tried to line up the height of the first three floors pretty closely with the building that houses MacNiven's. It's also funny to see that the three story Hammond Block Building is almost at tall as 5 stories of 3Mass.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM   #186
SpiderMonkey

I've been out of town quite a bit the past month and a half and haven't had a chance to take many pics. The steel structure went up pretty quickly. The facade work that you see in those pictures has been done in the past week. They are really moving along with this project. Wish I could say the same about the Regions building. I'm away for 2 weeks and it looks nearly the same as it did when I left town.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM   #187
indyfiend
INDYFIEND

Likes (Received): 0

Wow! Sure is nice to see that gap filled.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 08:48 PM   #188
speedblue47

Very nice, thanks for the pics.
speedblue47 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #189
arenn

Likes (Received): 132

Anybody looked at the virtual tour on 3Mass.com recently? The very beginning shows a view of the east and south facades. These look to be gigantic towers of EIFS. I'm starting to get very worried about what these will look like. Hope we don't end up with another Villagio on our hands. Ok, it doesn't look that bad since there appear to be significant sized windows and more permeability to the facade. But the east face appears to be mostly a wall with windows.

I'd really love for this building to be a big success, since if it ends up looking bad that's probably another arrow in the quiver of anti-density advocates downtown.
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #190
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenn View Post
Anybody looked at the virtual tour on 3Mass.com recently? The very beginning shows a view of the east and south facades. These look to be gigantic towers of EIFS. I'm starting to get very worried about what these will look like. Hope we don't end up with another Villagio on our hands. Ok, it doesn't look that bad since there appear to be significant sized windows and more permeability to the facade. But the east face appears to be mostly a wall with windows.

I'd really love for this building to be a big success, since if it ends up looking bad that's probably another arrow in the quiver of anti-density advocates downtown.
Old August 27th, 2008, 05:06 AM   #191
hoosier

Likes (Received): 53

Wow, this building is going to have much more of an effect on DT than I previously thought. A great project.
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #192
cityfan

Someone that used to work at Bazbeaux Pizza told me the restaurant was planning to move into retail space in 3Mass once it opens. Has anyone else heard something about this?

Indianapolis: Fastest growing metro (over 1,000,000) in the Midwest. Growth rate of 7.04% between 2000 and 2005.

http://www.census.gov/population/www...bsa-01-fmt.csv
cityfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #193
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
Someone that used to work at Bazbeaux Pizza told me the restaurant was planning to move into retail space in 3Mass once it opens. Has anyone else heard something about this?
Nope. That's interesting though.

I'm still wondering if they're planning on putting the drop off lane along Mass Ave. It's a terrible, terrible idea that's getting rid of several public parking spaces and taking up valuable retail space, just so the condo owners can have someone pick them up.
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #194
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
I've heard that the rates for the retail spaces in 3Mass are ridiculous, though a well-established restaurant like Bazbeaux might be more willing and able to take on higher rent for the opportunity to expand into a sexy new space and seat more people.
Old August 28th, 2008, 03:55 AM   #195
pig
oink^

Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablerock View Post
Nope. That's interesting though.

I'm still wondering if they're planning on putting the drop off lane along Mass Ave. It's a terrible, terrible idea that's getting rid of several public parking spaces and taking up valuable retail space, just so the condo owners can have someone pick them up.
It's especially galling on Mass where it doesn't matter much if a traffic lane is blocked for a minute or two.
pig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #196
cailes

Likes (Received): 102

I was down on the avenue for the fringe festival last night and walking towards downtown, the new building rises above everything, but blends at the same time.

My wife who isnt a big one on tall building development even commented on how good it is going to look. Wish Id had the camera with me
cailes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 05:25 AM   #197
vitamin R

Likes (Received): 378

It is really making an impact on the skyline, far more than I thought it would. My drive home from work is along I-65 from the south side and it is very noticable from the interstate. Now I'm starting to wonder how Ralston Square will look when it gets underway, its supposed to be about 20 feet taller than Mass. Ave.
vitamin R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #198
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

Old September 10th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #199
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1219

Great picture Cory. Its interesting how the building becomes a pyramid from that angle - although when you're right next to it, it looks pretty straight up. The south side from the view in your picture - with its angled side - is even more of a surprise. The architects - a year ago - talked about how, with the setbacks, the building wouldn't appear as tall as a ten story building - that it would be more like a six story building when you're next to it. I was pretty sceptical of what they were saying then, but ... I've actually been pretty surprised now that its going up that I think they were largely correct. Now, my last concern is to see how the facade looks when they start putting that up. If it surprises me as nicely as the rest of this project, I'll be very happy.
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #200
SpiderMonkey

Just a brief update. They have installed most of the facade framework for floors 1-6. At the current pace, I would expect the framework to be complete within the next week or 2. Hopefully we will start seeing the facade brick and whatever other materials are going to be used going up in early to mid October.

Tags
indianapolis