daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #221
indyfiend
INDYFIEND

Likes (Received): 0

The condos on the upper 4 floors are going to be amazing. If only I could win the lottery before it's finished

Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:03 PM   #222
arenn

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfiend View Post
The condos on the upper 4 floors are going to be amazing. If only I could win the lottery before it's finished
Would you pay $2.3 million for a condo clad in EIFS?
Old October 14th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #223
SpiderMonkey

Likes (Received): 36

I wouldn't pay $2.3 million for a condo unless it was on the beach somewhere. But I don't have $2.3 million so I guess it doesn't really matter.

The have been installing windows the past few days and are working their way up the second floor with the brick.
SpiderMonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #224
indyfiend
INDYFIEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenn View Post
Depends on how much lottery money I won This brings up an interesting question. If money was no object, where in Indianapolis would all of you like to call home? I'm not quite sure which I would choose, but I would definitely look strongly at the Monument Mall area and Mass Ave. Possibly 429 N. Penn, Athletic Club, 757 and 3 Mass Ave. Unfortunately, money is always an object
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #225
unvrsty07

Likes (Received): 116

If I had the money to spend I would definitely be at 3 mass! That in fact is my dream goal is to buy one of those penthouses. Think about the view!!! right in your backyard off your balcony is the new reclad of Indiana Square... Then you throw in the location of being right on mass ave, and only a block away from CBD... in my mind, it is the perfect location in Indianapolis.
unvrsty07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #226
pig
oink^

Likes (Received): 65

3 Mass' location is pretty hard to beat. If I was in the market and had deep enough pockets the Mall area would most likely be my first choice.
pig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM   #227
SpiderMonkey

Likes (Received): 36

Yeah, I think 3 Mass would be pretty hard to top. Across the street from the Cultural Trail and the only grocery store in dowtown, the city market is a couple blocks south, dozens of great restaurants, dozens of galleries and boutique shops and it is right across the street from office. Perfect.
SpiderMonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #228
IndyYeah

3 Mass, no question about it. The classy women are around that area as well. Top floor or 9th would be fine.
Old October 15th, 2008, 01:55 AM   #229
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

I'm curious how they will remove the crane from the middle of the structure. Perhaps I should inquire in a construction forum?
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 01:56 AM   #230
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfiend View Post
Depends on how much lottery money I won This brings up an interesting question. If money was no object, where in Indianapolis would all of you like to call home? I'm not quite sure which I would choose, but I would definitely look strongly at the Monument Mall area and Mass Ave. Possibly 429 N. Penn, Athletic Club, 757 and 3 Mass Ave. Unfortunately, money is always an object
I would like the whole penthouse at Riley Tower #1
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:19 AM   #231
IndyYeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
I would like the whole penthouse at Riley Tower #1
Those Riley Towers, What are they like? Kept up over the years? It seems odd that the downtown area apts. stayed within these towers for so many years. It is like the 1 mile area stayed dead for such a long time. I do like the slightly diferent design added to these towers a few years ago. You know would be nice to see some more apartments downtown in a few years.
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #232
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1219

I lived in Riley Towers back in the late 80's. They were built in the early 60's and have good, sturdy construction. They're comfortable and pretty nice. I was never in one of the penthouses. Overall, a pretty good location. Indy yeah: As far as more apartments downtown - there will be 218 more when Cosmopolitan opens in a year or so ... And another 300 or so when the Parliament opens a block east of the Cosmopolitan in a couple of years (hopefully).
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:32 AM   #233
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1219

As far as a great Condo to buy (if I had $3 million) - one that hasn't been mentioned by anyone else so far - is the 707 North College building. I was in it once - before they put its construction on hold - and the views from the penthouse are fantastic. Being about a mile from the Circle, the view is really expansive toward downtown. You can see everything - from the Lilly campus and Lucas Oil Stadium - to the heart of downtown and north past the library, west to IUPUI and the Med Center and up to Midtown. Its cool looking out toward downtown over the Lockerbie neighborhood below - and looking down on the old church steeple next door.
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:10 AM   #234
mmheidelberger
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenn View Post
If I were to put down that much money on a condo, I would rather it be completely cladded in brick, or mixed with stone. But like most of the people here, I can only dream of making that decision.
mmheidelberger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:02 AM   #235
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

I went by on Saturday. New York Street was closed. There was a huge crane taking down the main crane used for construction. So I guess my question from an earlier post has been answered.
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #236
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldPark View Post
I lived in Riley Towers back in the late 80's. They were built in the early 60's and have good, sturdy construction. They're comfortable and pretty nice. I was never in one of the penthouses. Overall, a pretty good location. Indy yeah: As far as more apartments downtown - there will be 218 more when Cosmopolitan opens in a year or so ... And another 300 or so when the Parliament opens a block east of the Cosmopolitan in a couple of years (hopefully).
I lived in tower one for 4 years in the mid-90's. I loved it there. Just got too expensive.
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:18 AM   #237
IndyYeah

The Riley Towers look great from the south side on I-70 just before the exit going to The Luke. That extra few feet rail at the top helps the height. The gap from the main downtown to the Riley Towers would be nice to see something. Maybe that would be Market? Eh. bad point now I guess.
Old December 6th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #238
unvrsty07

Likes (Received): 116

Anyone have some recent photos of 3 mass?? Im in oklahoma city for 2 weeks, and have been in Houston for 2 weeks!! Need some photos... Please!! Thanks...
unvrsty07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #239
arenn

Likes (Received): 132

Here are some pics I took in late October.

http://naptownobserver.blogspot.com/...ion-3mass.html
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #240
IndyYeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by unvrsty07 View Post
Anyone have some recent photos of 3 mass?? Im in oklahoma city for 2 weeks, and have been in Houston for 2 weeks!! Need some photos... Please!! Thanks...
Hey how is that new stadium for the basketball team? The ex Sonics? The past renders looked nice.

Tags
indianapolis