daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 10th, 2009, 04:11 AM   #321
IndyYeah

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates#1fan View Post
Which structure?
The one where the English hotel used to be?
I'm confused!
Why am I even trying. Notice the newer ones, screw it, not going there tonight! I am sure you know the newer looks I am talking about. They are boring. I am hungry, cannot believe I am somewhat answering this stupid question. Otta here for the night

Last edited by IndyYeah; March 11th, 2009 at 02:26 AM. Reason: changed spelling, added ex.point
IndyYeah no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #322
socrates#1fan

Likes (Received): 1318

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyYeah View Post
Why am I even trying. Notice the newer ones, screw it, not going there tonight, if am sure you know the newer looks I am talking about. They are boring. I am hungry, cannot believe I am somewhat answering this stupid question. Otta here for the night
What the hell?
I am trying to understand what you mean.
Yeah, the new ones on the circle are dull and lack taste.
At the very least, they are uniform.

"I donít know what it is about Hoosiers, but wherever you go there is always a Hoosier doing something very important there."-Kurt Vonnegut
socrates#1fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #323
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

The Villaggio is an absolute smack in the face to the Fountain Sq / Fletcher Place neighborhood. When driving from the Fountain to downtown, I cringe at the back of that building with its tiny windows and monument to EIFS
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #324
socrates#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post
The Villaggio is an absolute smack in the face to the Fountain Sq / Fletcher Place neighborhood. When driving from the Fountain to downtown, I cringe at the back of that building with its tiny windows and monument to EIFS
I'm thinking, due to the fact that it is made of cheap ass material, it will either
1) fall down
or
2) an angry mob of architects will burn it to the ground.

"I donít know what it is about Hoosiers, but wherever you go there is always a Hoosier doing something very important there."-Kurt Vonnegut
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:34 AM   #325
IndyYeah

I want a great looking,eye popping,jaw dropping building or tower some day in the next 10 years! No cheap materials,no bad parking situations,no bad frontage-sidewalks and no whatevers to cheapen it! Indy deserves a great building or tower. Yes I would prefer more than One!
Old March 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM   #326
socrates#1fan

Quote:
I want a great looking,eye popping,jaw dropping building or tower some day in the next 10 years! No cheap materials,no bad parking situations,no bad frontage-sidewalks and no whatevers to cheapen it! Indy deserves a great building or tower. Yes I would prefer more than One!
Indiana tower?

Old March 13th, 2009, 04:45 AM   #327
IndyYeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates#1fan View Post
Indiana tower?
It could be great if a serious plan could be done. It could be cool, real cool, but that last one in the 1980's was at best ok. The politics, and drawings would have to be represented well for the tower.
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #328
socrates#1fan

Quote:
It could be great if a serious plan could be done. It could be cool, real cool, but that last one in the 1980's was at best ok. The politics, and drawings would have to be represented well for the tower.
The arches and use of limestone should be kept in the design (if it were revived).
However, the shape, I'm not sure.

Old May 1st, 2009, 01:53 AM   #329
Indy Rock

Incase You Forgot

Apparently 21 of the 44 units have been "sold". That's nearly half and this building isn't even complete yet. I'd say that is pretty impressive.

Also, if you look on the webcam you can see the window treatment on the SW side of the building is looking pretty interesting. (Right above the Hammond Block Building)

http://3mass.com/
Indy Rock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM   #330
SkywlkrSnd

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Rock View Post
Apparently 21 of the 44 units have been "sold". That's nearly half and this building isn't even complete yet. I'd say that is pretty impressive.

Also, if you look on the webcam you can see the window treatment on the SW side of the building is looking pretty interesting. (Right above the Hammond Block Building)

I drive by this thing every morning and those windows above the Hammond Block Building are quite impressive. I don't remember seeing them on any rendering. They have a very "Mondrian" style to them; presenting a sleek, contemporary contrast to the historic Hammond Block right below them. Me likes.

I hadn't heard about selling half the units already. That's good news. Hopefully the rest are snatched up quickly as soon as it opens. Unfortunately, not by me...
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM   #331
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywlkrSnd View Post
I drive by this thing every morning and those windows above the Hammond Block Building are quite impressive. I don't remember seeing them on any rendering. They have a very "Mondrian" style to them; presenting a sleek, contemporary contrast to the historic Hammond Block right below them. Me likes.
I'm glad you like them, but they're the same asymmetrical prefab windows that are being used generically all over the country right now. Locally, they were used in Keep Indianapolis Beautiful's new headquarters in Fountain Square and they're all over Allen Plaza on Pennsylvania St.

The windows weren't on the renderings and look like a failed last minute attempt to modernize the design. I appreciate the density and that it's (barely) mixed-use, but 3 Mass is a hulking, awkward jumble of architecture. Bleh.
Old May 1st, 2009, 05:36 PM   #332
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Quote:

That's a solid pre-sold percentage. But the discouraging thing is I don't think the number of units sold is all that different than it was 6 months ago. I think they pre-sold most of those units as soon construction began.

If you check out the floor plans section on their webpage, you'll also note that most of the cheapest, easiest to move units have already sold. I think they're going to be working on selling out this building for a long time.
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #333
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Jason has a quick review of 3 Mass up on Circle and Squares:

http://circleandsquares.blogspot.com...-mass-ave.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle and Squares
I try very hard not to be bitchy when providing architectural critiques. But I can't help but compare this building to a mullet. Up front, its clean and business like with the use of brick and glass. But in the back, they use EIFS (fake stucco), a 180 from the front. In fact, its worse than a mullet. At least a mullet has a party in the back.
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:27 AM   #334
SkywlkrSnd

Ugh. That is one terrible angle. You wouldn't know that there were any redeeming architectural qualities at all judging from that shot.

(Not knocking the photography...just the fact that the building presents such a crappy EIFS backside...)

What gets me is if you're going to put EIFS on a structure (yes, it kinda sucks and is a cheap cop-out by the developer), put something interesting on. EIFS has come and long way and can replicate a lot of surfaces (even reflective metal panels). Why people always stick with that bland, beige "fake limestone" look is beyond me.
Old May 12th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #335
IndyYeah

I like that angle, however before I read the last couple posts, I was really wondering if there would be a redeeming quality of this finished side. One day I would like a really non cheap looking building to go up. Quality materials and great architecture!
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #336
Indy Rock

Why Couldn't They Have Designed The Upper Floors Like This?

http://www.kma-ae.com/publish/_assets/46b35a4e-4748.jpg
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #337
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Those architects obviously know what they're doing, whereas the "designers" of 3 Mass, Schmidt (looks like) Ass-ociates do not.

Seriously, Schmidt Associates should be banned from creating another building in Indy.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:39 PM   #338
Indy Rock

It's Been THREE Months!

Check out the webcam, they got the green roof and vegetation installed I believe.

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #339
ak72

They couldn't have found a better view?
ak72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #340
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

...or a better background song. Yuck.

Tags