daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 20th, 2009, 02:39 AM   #361
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae

Likes (Received): 187

Is this project completed or still under construction?
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #362
SpiderMonkey

Likes (Received): 36

They are still working on finishing out the inside. The outside is complete though if I am not mistaken.
SpiderMonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #363
EddieB317
DE MINIMIS NON CURAT LEX

Likes (Received): 33

I happen to think that things are going to happen for Indianapolis...
EddieB317 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #364
IndyYeah

Likes (Received): 0

I take bak my comments on the white portion that I talked about on the other section. Up close the other day, the white portion seemed to look quite nice. I would not have planned it, however it did not appear cheap looking.
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #365
SkywlkrSnd

Likes (Received): 1

I would even say the white EIFS had more attention paid to its detailing than the brick masonry did. The brick design on this building is just so boring! Save for the floor setbacks, it's terribly flat and monotonous. I would have thought that for such a high-profile project, the brickwork would have been more interesting.
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:32 AM   #366
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1219

There was a photo spread in the Indy Star today (4/20/2010) showing a 4500 sq foot, recently purchased condo at 3 Mass Avenue. It sold for $1.7 million. Couldn't find a link to the photo spread -- but a search might bring up a link.

Last edited by GarfieldPark; April 21st, 2010 at 05:38 AM.
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:45 AM   #367
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1219

Here's a link to the article

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...ID=20104200329
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #368
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

From May 1st 2009:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Rock View Post
Apparently 21 of the 44 units have been "sold". That's nearly half and this building isn't even complete yet. I'd say that is pretty impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrND View Post
That's a solid pre-sold percentage. But the discouraging thing is I don't think the number of units sold is all that different than it was 6 months ago. I think they pre-sold most of those units as soon construction began.

If you check out the floor plans section on their webpage, you'll also note that most of the cheapest, easiest to move units have already sold. I think they're going to be working on selling out this building for a long time.
Almost exactly one year later, May 4th 2010, 3 Mass sales look like this (according to their webpage's listing of available units):

3rd Floor: 7 sold / 7 available
4th: 4/7
5th: 3/7
6th: 1/7
7th: 2/6
8th: 1/5
9th: 2/3
10th: 0/2

That's 20 out of 44 sold. In a year, they actually lost a sale they thought they had? This is an amazingly tough time for condo sales.

According to that Indy Star article mentioned above, the one penthouse unit that sold recently was under contract in 2008, so it was probably included in Indy Rock's number from last year.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #369
ak72

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrND View Post
From May 1st 2009:

Almost exactly one year later, May 4th 2010, 3 Mass sales look like this (according to their webpage's listing of available units):

3rd Floor: 7 sold / 7 available
4th: 4/7
5th: 3/7
6th: 1/7
7th: 2/6
8th: 1/5
9th: 2/3
10th: 0/2

That's 20 out of 44 sold. In a year, they actually lost a sale they thought they had? This is an amazingly tough time for condo sales.

According to that Indy Star article mentioned above, the one penthouse unit that sold recently was under contract in 2008, so it was probably included in Indy Rock's number from last year.
Looks like the $300k to maybe $4 or $500k area has done pretty well. I know we had a discussion about middle class condos being financially difficult to pull off, but could something in the $200k-$500k range work?
ak72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
indianapolis