daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 5th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #201
whoami

Likes (Received): 8

latest plan ive seen.

[IMG]http://i43.************/mjloav.jpg[/IMG]

Highcliff liked this post
whoami no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #202
ina555

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
Of course I will!
Here are some of the pics I took in Shenzhen:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yleberre/sets/1582442/
wow your photos are just wow
cant wait to see your update on Pingan IFC

ina555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #203
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Ping An denies tallest building reports

I am devastated. Here is what I have just read on an article that has been published at 10:00 am this morning on CCTV international web site:

http://www.cctv.com/program/bizchina...5/103710.shtml

Source: CRI

02-05-2009 10:00

Ping An Insurance, China's second largest insurer, denied earlier reports on Wednesday that the company plans to build China's tallest skyscraper as its headquarters, China News Service reports.

"The company has no intention of constructing such a building as its headquarters", a spokesman of Ping An told China News Service on Wednesday. However they did confirmed that the company is considering building a new office building in Shenzhen to be used as its headquarters.

Experts believe Ping An's building project will benefit from the lower land costs and construction fees amid the economic downturn and also free the company from the huge rental fees it currently faces.

YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #204
bonivison

Likes (Received): 49

Yes, it seems the final height has not been confirmed by the investor
Pingan Group yet
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #205
syh101

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
I am devastated. Here is what I have just read on an article that has been published at 10:00 am this morning on CCTV international web site:

http://www.cctv.com/program/bizchina...5/103710.shtml

Source: CRI

02-05-2009 10:00

Ping An Insurance, China's second largest insurer, denied earlier reports on Wednesday that the company plans to build China's tallest skyscraper as its headquarters, China News Service reports.

"The company has no intention of constructing such a building as its headquarters", a spokesman of Ping An told China News Service on Wednesday. However they did confirmed that the company is considering building a new office building in Shenzhen to be used as its headquarters.

Experts believe Ping An's building project will benefit from the lower land costs and construction fees amid the economic downturn and also free the company from the huge rental fees it currently faces.

believe it or not,the news is not true

Last edited by syh101; February 6th, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
syh101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #206
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Sure???

Quote:
Originally Posted by syh101 View Post
believe or not,the news is not true
You give me hope again! What are your sources? Can you guarantee this 646 m building will be completed in 2014?
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #207
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

this is the worst skyscraper news i heard since 9/11.

u git that from CRI, what are they? are they trustworthy?

Last edited by SilentStrike; February 5th, 2009 at 06:12 PM.
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #208
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStrike View Post
this is the skyscraper news i heard since 9/11.

u git that from CRI, what are they? are they trustworthy?
I don't get your meaning. What is CRI? Why do you talk about 9/11?
Old February 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #209
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

ShanghaiDaily

Here is what I've just read in ShanghaiDaily

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/arti...cle_389969.htm

..."Ping An Insurance (Group) Co, the nation's second-largest insurer, climbed 4.61 percent to 32.46 yuan. It plans to build what will probably be China's tallest building in Shenzhen, the Wall Street Journal reported. "...

Anybody has seen the article on the Wall Street Journal?
Old February 5th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #210
SilentStrike

Quote:
I don't get your meaning. What is CRI? Why do you talk about 9/11?
I meant "this is the WORST skyscraper news since 9/11" lol, typed it from those crappy laptops at school.

And the article u posted is from CRI...

Old February 5th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #211
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15907

This is bullshit. They even released the enviromental approval a few weeks ago and it clearly says 646m. Unless they are revising downwards, that article makes nosense.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #212
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15907

平安保险在深圳筹建公司总部大厦,或成中国第一高楼
2009年 2月 4日 星期三 11:13 BJT

路透上海2月4日电---中国平安人寿保险公司(601318.SS: 行情)(2318.HK: 行情)正在深圳筹建平安国际金融中心作为公司总部大楼,该座新建的高楼可能会超越正在建设中的上海中心大厦,成为中国新的第一高楼.

深圳市环境工程科学技术中心网站刊登的平安国际金融中心环境影响评价调查表显示,平安金融中心大楼共115层,塔顶高646米,主体建筑高度为588米,计划于今年上半年动工,2014年12月底竣工.而目前国内的第一高楼--上海中心大厦计划楼高632米.

"我们的愿望并不是想建中国第一高楼",中国平安保险发言人盛瑞生对路透表示,平安成立逾20年,还未在深圳建总部大楼,下辖七个子公司均租用办公楼,费用较大.现在有这样的规划,也是公司发展的需要.

他说,"建造这一高楼,我们会充分考虑股东利益和相关法律法规的要求".至于项目投资额等细节,他说,项目正在规划中,他尚不了解项目的具体数据.

虽然公司方和环评网站均未披露该座高楼的投资总额,不过上海中心大厦的估算投资已近150亿元人民币,业内相信平安拟建的该座高楼投资额亦应超过100亿元.

位于上海陆家嘴金融区的上海中心大厦已于去年11月开始建设,主体建筑高度为580米,初步估算的整个工程投资高达148亿元,预计于2014年完工.该大厦由上海中心大厦建设发展有限公司承建,其中陆家嘴股份公司占股45%.

Google translator:

Ping An Insurance Company is headquartered in Shenzhen to build buildings, or into China's first high-rise
February 4, 2009 Wednesday, 11:13 BJT

Reuters, Shanghai, February 4 - --- Ping'an Life Insurance Company of China (601318.SS: Quote) (2318.HK: Quote) is Shenzhen Ping'an build an international financial center as a corporate headquarters building, the newly built high-rise buildings may be beyond which is currently under construction in Shanghai Center, becoming the first China's new high-rise.

Shenzhen Environmental Engineering Science and Technology Center Web site published by an international financial center Ping'an environmental impact assessment questionnaire shows that financial center Ping'an Building 115 layer, 646 meters high tower, the main building height of 588 meters, which is scheduled for first half of this year start 2014 years completed by the end of December. At present, the first domestic high-rise - Shanghai Center 632 meters-storey building plan.

"Our desire is not to think about building China's first high-rise," a spokesman for China's Ping An Insurance Serena to Reuters Health that Ping'an set up more than 20 years, has not yet built headquarters building in Shenzhen, a subsidiary under the jurisdiction of seven office buildings are leased cost of the larger. now have such a plan, but also the company's development needs.

He said, "this high-rise construction, we will give full consideration to the interests of shareholders and the requirements of relevant laws and regulations." Amount of investment, etc. As the project details, he said that the project is being planned, he did not understand the project specific data.

Although the company and the EIA Web site did not disclose the total investment in high-rise blocks, but the Shanghai Center estimates nearly 15 billion yuan investment, the industry believe that the proposed Ping'an the amount of investment should be high-rise blocks more than 10 billion yuan.

Shanghai Lujiazui financial district of Shanghai Center began in November last year, the construction of the main building height of 580 meters, the initial estimate of the entire project investment up to 14.8 billion, is expected to be completed in 2014. The building by the Shanghai Center Building Development Limited Consortium, of which Lujiazui AG shares accounted for 45%.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #213
SilentStrike

ty z0rg, big relief.

Old February 6th, 2009, 01:54 AM   #214
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

Likes (Received): 150

Keep a low profile, and the project will survive. If not, it could be revised downwards or cancelled.

williamhou2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:49 AM   #215
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Phew, I hope that it does get built because I actually prefer this to Shanghai Center.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #216
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

It seems that Ping An does not want to show a too arrogant profile during these time of crisis and is trying to cool down the excitement around this project.

And news from trustworthy streams seems very contradictory!

I really keep my fingers crossed.
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #217
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

More articles

05 Feb 2009 - TradingMarkets.com quoting THE STANDARD:

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2160132/

- Ping An Insurance (2318) plans to erect the tallest building in China as its Shenzhen headquarters, at an estimated 10 billion yuan (HK$11.3 billion).

Then:

05 Feb 2009 - ABNnewsWire.com market summary

http://www.abnnewswire.net/press/en/...ebruary_5.html

Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd. (SHA:601318)(HKG:2318) said it plans to build a skyscraper in Shenzhen, which could become China's tallest building. Analysts say Ping An still has enough cash to fund the building of its new headquarters with 56.7 billion yuan cash on hand as of Sept. 30.
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #218
velut arbor aevo

Likes (Received): 11

after its bloodshed investment in Fortis, I guess it does not want to stir a wave of comments among the public about building the such a tall building
velut arbor aevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #219
whoami

Likes (Received): 8

[IMG]http://i44.************/5nrfqt.jpg[/IMG]
whoami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #220
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

More news

Read some minutes ago in China News Wire:

http://www.chinaknowledge.com/Newswi...1&NewsID=20898

Feb. 6, 2009 (China Knowledge) - Ping An Insurance (Group) Co<601318><2318>, China's second largest insurer, is planning to build a new office tower in Shenzhen, a tower that will be the tallest building in China, the Standard reported.

The 646-meter Ping An office tower, which is designed to have 115 stories, is expected to involve investment of about RMB 10 billion (HK$11.3 billion) in total.

According to an announcement by the local government agency Shenzhen Environment Project Service Center, the construction of the new building is scheduled to start as early as the first half of 2009 and to end by 2014.

The tower will be taller than the 492-meter Shanghai World Financial Center and the 632-meter Shanghai Tower, sources said.

Building an office tower is better than renting one, considering the company's development strategy, said Richard Sheng Ruisheng, Ping An spokesman, adding that the move will help save money, since rental accounted for a significant portion of the group's operating expenses in past years.

So to me, it seems that the article I have posted 2 days ago that was saying that this project was only rumors was done intentionally by PingAn to do not draw to much attention in such time of crisis. Now they are timidly trying to come back by justifying the purchase of this gigantic structure by telling that in fine, it's better to buy than to rent... That's a good excuse, we'll all agree! As long as this project starts this year!

As I live 5 minutes walk from it, you can be sure that as soon as I see some construction workers hanging around the stop, I'll post some pictures!

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall