daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #221
velut arbor aevo

Likes (Received): 11

there have actually been some construction workers on the site every now and then to check on the rock bed since last fall. But the groundbreaking ceremony won't be held until this summer.
velut arbor aevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #222
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

as long as it gets build

This is great news.

Highcliff liked this post
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #223
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

reminds me of the empire state building. If they don't building it in china, I wouldn't mind having a scaled back model for NYC. I don't like hand me downs but I like this building.
Old February 7th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #224
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Wall Street Journal - Feb 5th

As read on online edition of Wall Street Journal. 5th of february:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123374684348547585.html

SHANGHAI -- At a time when companies world-wide trim spending, Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd. said it plans to build a skyscraper in Shenzhen, which could become China's tallest building.

The insurer, in which HSBC Holdings PLC owns a 17% stake, was sitting on 56.7 billion yuan ($8.2 billion) in cash as of Sept. 30, according to its third-quarter financial report, and analysts say Ping An still has enough cash to fund the building of its new headquarters.

Construction of the 646-meter, 115-floor office tower will begin in the first half, and is scheduled to be completed at the end of 2014, local government agency Shenzhen Environment Engineering Consulting Service Center said in a statement on its Web site.

If completed according to plan, the Ping An tower could supersede the 492-meter Shanghai World Financial Center as the tallest building in mainland China, and could be taller than the 632-meter Shanghai Tower, which is also slated for completion in 2014.

"If you take the cost of the land into account, the development cost of the office tower built by Ping An could exceed that of Shanghai World Financial Center," said Remy Chan, regional director at property consultancy Jones Lang LaSalle.

The 101-story Shanghai World Financial Center cost $1.15 billion and took more than 10 years to build.

"After 20 years of development, Ping An has set up a series of units, including banking, securities and trust investment. So we need such a headquarters to house these units," said Sheng Ruisheng, a spokesman at Ping An.

He declined to comment on the details of the tower. "The plan may be subject to future revisions," he said.

Demand for prime office space in Shenzhen, southern China's major business center, has been sluggish due to the worsening global economy. But some analysts are optimistic about China's property market. "The real-estate market should recover by 2014, as the current financial crisis will come to an end by then," said Wei Bo, an analyst at Central China Securities Co.

—Rose Yu

YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #225
dmscopio

Likes (Received): 12

I am a Simcity fan and I had built it in simcity for other gamers to download already...hope the real building is finished soon. for more info: www.davidluart.com

dmscopio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #226
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

wow, very good model!

ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:36 AM   #227
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Pictures of the next construction Site

Hello,

Saturday afternoon I went to the construction site that is a parking now. And I went also to the top of Excellence Plaza and have been able to take a (bad) shot of the construction site from the top.

So here is the shot from the 52nd floor of Excellence Plaza phase 1.

image hosted on flickr

Here is a picture of a digger that does not dig yet...

image hosted on flickr

Here is a picture facing East:

image hosted on flickr

Here is a picture facing North-East (you can see the Kerry Plaza):

image hosted on flickr

Old February 9th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #228
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Will it be done

Hello all,

I would appreciate if some of you could try to find sources of information that would confirm that Ping An signed for this project.
I have quoted quite a lot of articles in my latest posts but I not any real confirmation.
Thanks!

Yann

Old February 9th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #229
da_wei

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
Hello all,

I would appreciate if some of you could try to find sources of information that would confirm that Ping An signed for this project.
I have quoted quite a lot of articles in my latest posts but I not any real confirmation.
Thanks!

Yann
thanks for sharing..
Can you read Chinese?? If YES, Here is the quote that confirm the PA project will start at July, 1 , 2009
http://p.tgnet.cn/SZPAGJ/
da_wei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #230
da_wei

广东深圳平安国际金融大厦工程
发布时间: 2008-12-26
工程概况 工程类型: 新建 项目阶段: 勘察设计
项目类别: 行政办公 工程估价: 3亿
开工日期: 2009-7-1 竣工日期: 2012-8-1
项目简介: 广东深圳平安国际金融大厦工程
兴建一幢办公楼,占地面积为18,931平方米,总建筑面积为302,900平方米。
备注:
项目阶段:截止到2008年9月下旬项目已启动,预计2008年12月确定方案设计单位
1、外墙装...
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #231
da_wei

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
Hello all,

Thanks!

Yann
The project is obviously going to built on 1st of July and the only problem is the final height that can not be comfirmed yet.
I can sure is the project at least 450m Height.
Old February 9th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #232
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

lets hope at least 646m, its perfect the way it is.

SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #233
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

I wonder if they used the golden formula or some other aesthetic measure. The proportions are stunningly beautiful and yet the building hardly carries any features to underline that.
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 04:47 AM   #234
velut arbor aevo

Likes (Received): 11

nice photos YannSZ. But they won't start until the summer. In the meantime, there are lots of construction work in the CBD, such as the Excellence Plaza, the stock exchange and so on, hopefully you will bring us regular updates.
velut arbor aevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 04:55 AM   #235
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Quote:
Originally Posted by velut arbor aevo View Post
nice photos YannSZ. But they won't start until the summer. In the meantime, there are lots of construction work in the CBD, such as the Excellence Plaza, the stock exchange and so on, hopefully you will bring us regular updates.
Oh I will !

Old February 11th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #236
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Very good financial health for Ping An Company

Read in TradingMarkets.com on the 10th of february:

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2168041/

By the end of December 2008, Shenzhen-based Ping An recorded original premium income of 101.18 billion yuan for the year, representing a growth of 27.8% from 79.18 billion yuan in the correspondent period of 2007, according to the China Insurance Regulatory Commission.

So a 10 billion investment out of an income of 101.18 billion yuan is not that much a mere 10% !

Go Ping An!
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:53 AM   #237
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Ping An denies nation’s tallest tower rumor

http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2009-...ent_505874.htm
THE Shenzhen-based Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. on Wednesday denied media reports that the company is going to spend more than 10 billion yuan (US$1.46 billion) to build China’s tallest skyscraper in Shenzhen.

The company spokesman said Ping An had no intention of building the country’s tallest building, but the new office tower, which will house its head office, will be Shenzhen’s tallest.

The spokesman did not provide other details about Ping An’s new building, saying that the whole project is still being planned. However, the tower is scheduled to be completed in December 2014.

Ping An spent more than 1.6 billion yuan to acquire the land in November 2007 in the city’s central business district in Futian. The skyscraper will be the first such move for the company since it was founded 20 years ago, according to the spokesman, whose name was not available.

It was widely reported recently that the company is building the country’s tallest tower. Shanghai’s National Business Daily said Tuesday that Ping An will build a 646-meter office tower, taller than the 632-meter Shanghai Tower. The Daily cited an unidentified local environmental Web site. The Shanghai Tower, which is still under construction, will be China’s tallest building.

The insurer is likely to use its own cash to build the office tower instead of getting a bank loan, the Daily said, citing an unidentified person.

The city government is planning to develop the central business district as a financial hub, dubbing it Shenzhen’s Wall Street, according to the government plan.

It will relocate the Shenzhen Stock Exchange to the business district from the existing location in Caiwuwei, Luohu District. Other financial institutions and banks will also have their office buildings in the area.
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:54 AM   #238
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

The contradictory information continues!
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #239
syh101

shenzhen daily sucks!
syh101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:13 AM   #240
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

News?

Any updates or news recently? I haven't been able to find much article these past days in newspaper. Anything that would double-triple confirm the project will make my day!

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall