daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #3701
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

I think they are often temporary. I believe they are way thicker than your usual floor slab hence wouldn't fit. That is if they are even aligned with the floors because they may be placed solely based on the required support on certain depths (we usually see them closer to each one as they are deeper). I remember shanghai tower rings weren't aligned with the floors, and at least some of them got blown. The same happen at the Goldin Finance construction site. At least one of these huge concrete grids got destroyed when wasn't needed anymore.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #3702
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28160

The rings were there probably also for reinforcement?
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #3703
patrykus

I'm not an expert but I don't think they are needed when floors are poured. Their main purpose is to support hole's walls from collapsing during construction due to the soft soil. Take the lote tower in seoul. They didn't make any concrete rings there because apparently soil conditions didn't require them.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old November 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #3704
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

the SSP diagram is still for the 648m though, just add another 10 meters to the spire and it is more like the reality . i don't mind this to be taller than Shanghai Tower, i love both buildings and probably like Ping'an's overall design even more than Shanghai Tower and the size won't even matter for long anyways, the title for China's tallest will go to Shanghai Tower first and then to Ping'an and then to another building in china, it will jump around in very tiny intervals anyway, so i am okay with Ping'an having the title for 2 years or less even if it was kinda cheated.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #3705
arend050
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
@ VRS Shanghai Tower is taller overall, but the stick on top of this building will make it "officially'' taller.

[IMG]http://oi48.************/5fhny8.jpg[/IMG]
SH tower is the best !!!!
arend050 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #3706
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Both are amazing, ST has the edge for me.
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #3707
orange boy
BANNED

A matter of taste. The both will be iconic buildings, but i prefer WUHAN Greenland Center, Goldin Finance 117 and Zhongguo Zun (CITIC Plaza)

If you we speak for clusters from tall buildings, situation is changing.
orange boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #3708
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange boy View Post
A matter of taste. The both will be iconic buildings, but i prefer WUHAN Greenland Center, Goldin Finance 117 and Zhongguo Zun (CITIC Plaza)

If you we speak for clusters from tall buildings, situation is changing.
all of them are unique in their way. there is no chinese building over 400m that i do not like, all of the designs are amazing in their own way
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #3709
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
the SSP diagram is still for the 648m though, just add another 10 meters to the spire and it is more like the reality . i don't mind this to be taller than Shanghai Tower, i love both buildings and probably like Ping'an's overall design even more than Shanghai Tower and the size won't even matter for long anyways, the title for China's tallest will go to Shanghai Tower first and then to Ping'an and then to another building in china, it will jump around in very tiny intervals anyway, so i am okay with Ping'an having the title for 2 years or less even if it was kinda cheated.
I agree 100% I thinkm ST deserves it as well,, But ping An will have NY'ers and Americans drooloing over it.. It just looks so NY
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #3710
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8510

Nov 08 by crazyboyxzy

kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #3711
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1334

any activity on the smaller hotel tower plot across the street?
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #3712
crriss

Likes (Received): 25

It's about time to jump up the cranes. I wonder how they gonna do that. I can't see any climbing cages installed or laying around. I hope they won't gonna dismantle them, add segments then reassemble.
crriss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #3713
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
Even with the spire, the burj is the tallest in every category at the moment, so it deserves the title
I think you meant to say without the spire, and you are correct, it has a roof at 740 meters, on the other hand its top floor is at 605 meters.
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #3714
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
it has a roof at 740 meters,
Only which roof?

This is the top roof of the burj at around 828m (+/- 1m)

image hosted on flickr

btw burj isn't the tallest in all categories it doesn't have the tallest observation deck for instance.

Old November 9th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #3715
soulcapn

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crriss View Post
It's about time to jump up the cranes. I wonder how they gonna do that. I can't see any climbing cages installed or laying around. I hope they won't gonna dismantle them, add segments then reassemble.
There have been several discussions on this. The current theory amongst some folks on the board is that the concrete forms will jump a few more times until it is almost to the top of the existing steel.

Then tower cranes #2 and #4 will be built and attached to the building in climbing rigs, similar to Shanghai tower. See the orange bracing connected to the Core in the image below. That bracing "leap frogs" up the building and pulls the tower crane up to the next level.

Once cranes #2 and #4 are attached, then they could do a couple of different things. I think they will attach climbing rigs around the existing towers, connected to the concrete core, and disconnect the cranes from the base and just move them upward. It is also possible they will have to take them apart and rebuild them in climbing rigs.

Anyway, Probably will be a few weeks for the core to be poured high enough to begin changing crane configuration.
soulcapn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #3716
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7

I think you meant to say without the spire, and you are correct, it has a roof at 740 meters, on the other hand its top floor is at 605 meters.
Yes, i meant without spire
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #3717
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

What a beautiful perspective of the building. Thanks soulcapn!
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #3718
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

What do you guys mean by "demolishing" the bottom ring??? Why Would they do that?
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #3719
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Because they built new floors around it to support the weight of the site walls. They're becoming useless now, so they're being demolished.

Rings like those are never permanent.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #3720
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcapn View Post
There have been several discussions on this. The current theory amongst some folks on the board is that the concrete forms will jump a few more times until it is almost to the top of the existing steel.

Then tower cranes #2 and #4 will be built and attached to the building in climbing rigs, similar to Shanghai tower. See the orange bracing connected to the Core in the image below. That bracing "leap frogs" up the building and pulls the tower crane up to the next level.

Once cranes #2 and #4 are attached, then they could do a couple of different things. I think they will attach climbing rigs around the existing towers, connected to the concrete core, and disconnect the cranes from the base and just move them upward. It is also possible they will have to take them apart and rebuild them in climbing rigs.

Anyway, Probably will be a few weeks for the core to be poured high enough to begin changing crane configuration.
That is possible, but if I'm correct, the cranes are standing on the basement floor at the moment.

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall