daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #3801
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8511

Nov 28 by 飞火流星

kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #3802
soulcapn

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanye View Post
Nov 28 by 飞火流星
And they are starting to destroy the concrete deck. It is a little sooner than I would have expected, so I think they are only making the holes for the super columns bigger as they are about to come up above ground. But never the less, it is definitely only a temporary structure to brace the walls of the pit, aid in staging materials, and facilitate construction. I keep saying it... "Very cool construction site."
soulcapn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #3803
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Where are these pictures taken from? They all seem to be coming from that one spot, regardless of who posts the picture...
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:52 AM   #3804
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

So will the problem with the pile foundation, hinder the progress on it's rising,, or is it something that can be dealt with while continuing skyward. Is it possible they may have to downsize the structure? If so that suck's... however I'd like to see ST taller,(only by a few meters), but not if it happens this way. Hopefully nothing major's going on.. Love this Bldg, 2nd favorite, just behind the Shanghai Tower,, and by the way, what's the 2nd ring right next to it for, another 1000fter? Or 300 meter? By the way I was looking 4 the render for the 2nd smaller taller,, anyone know the name it will have?

Last edited by bigreach; November 29th, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #3805
bigreach

Is the second tower still gonna be called Ping An? Just north or south? I cant find a pic anywhere on the forums. Barbarianmurcharian any help?
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #3806
crazyboyxzy

Likes (Received): 149

There was a delay in the first part of 2012,but it is not because of the foundation ,But lack of effective management and technical experience.And now,Everything goes smoothly ,the core is 30M*30M,the outer frame of the building is 60m*60m,The thickest part of the core(Concrete) is 1500mm, the supercolumn below weights 60tons,and the next one above ±0 is the biggest,weights 96tons.so they have to destroy the concrete deck now.the T7 Steel of the core is installing,but the crane is not high enough,so have to climb up,but which is detemined by the creeping formwork,because the crane is attached to the concrete core tube(just like ST) ,and soon there will be four cranes,two M1280D and two ZSL2700.

Last edited by crazyboyxzy; November 29th, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
crazyboyxzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #3807
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy
Where are these pictures taken from? They all seem to be coming from that one spot, regardless of who posts the picture...
Because the pics are from another website. The guys which are posting them here don't take them
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #3808
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboyxzy
There was a delay in the first part of 2012,but it is not because of the foundation ,But lack of effective management and technical experience.And now,Everything goes smoothly ,the core is 30M*30M,the outer frame of the building is 60m*60m,The thickest part of the core(Concrete) is 1500mm, the supercolumn below weights 60tons,and the next one above ±0 is the biggest,weights 96tons.so they have to destroy the concrete deck now.the T7 Steel of the core is installing,but the crane is not high enough,so have to climb up,but which is detemined by the creeping formwork,because the crane is attached to the concrete core tube(just like ST) ,and soon there will be four cranes,two M1280D and two ZSL2700.
Great information, thx for posting
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #3809
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboyxzy View Post
Thanks a lot!
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #3810
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28165

Quote:
Thanks. No problems with the foundation. (relief) That would really ruin your day.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #3811
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Shit, I'm blind now after reading, but thanks for the info anyway. Very informative.
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #3812
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Likes (Received): 181

It's good to have that cleared up.
scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #3813
Amastroi2017
The Power Of Roof Height

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
So will the problem with the pile foundation, hinder the progress on it's rising,, or is it something that can be dealt with while continuing skyward. Is it possible they may have to downsize the structure? If so that suck's... however I'd like to see ST taller,(only by a few meters), but not if it happens this way. Hopefully nothing major's going on.. Love this Bldg, 2nd favorite, just behind the Shanghai Tower,, and by the way, what's the 2nd ring right next to it for, another 1000fter? Or 300 meter? By the way I was looking 4 the render for the 2nd smaller taller,, anyone know the name it will have?
The second ring is for the mall of the complex. The other supertall of the complex is at least 1,000 feet tall and is going to be built across the street from the mall. I can remember seeing reports on this thread a couple months back talking a possible height increase to a height of around 1,300 or 1,400 feet for the second tower.

Amastroi2017 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #3814
Swiddle

Likes (Received): 293

Quote:
...The thickest part of the core(Concrete) is 1500mm...
Wow! That's just an inch shy of FIVE feet!
Swiddle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #3815
tumbleweed_tx

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiddle View Post
Wow! That's just an inch shy of FIVE feet!
well, yes, it has to hold up 2165' of Ping An Tower
tumbleweed_tx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #3816
bigreach

I don't know a whole lot on how skyscrapers are made, this may seem an ignorant question to most,, but why do they demolish the circle rings, and how and when exaactly to mega columns, (beyond the circle I assume),, when do they start or will thay tie into thebuilding? (The Corners)?
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #3817
crriss

Likes (Received): 25

Someome who deserve to be mentioned: XU GUIZHENG for his great contribution to progress updates: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2296834.htm
crriss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #3818
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28165

Quote:
I don't know a whole lot on how skyscrapers are made, this may seem an ignorant question to most,, but why do they demolish the circle rings, and how and when exaactly to mega columns, (beyond the circle I assume),, when do they start or will thay tie into thebuilding? (The Corners)?
I would expect them to remove the thicker edges of the rings and use the remaining floor on the ground level as future floor. This floor has to be extended up te the core.
The frame underneath will probably be supporting the underground floors?

Through the 8 holes around the circle, the megacolumns will rise.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3819
soulcapn

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
The circle rings are built for one purpose only. They brace the walls of the pit and keep them from collapsing into the hole. They build these when the surrounding earth does not have sufficient structure to hold up on its own. The soil is probably very sandy, or very wet, thus it does not have the ability to hold itself together at the edge of a 20-30 meter hole. So the rings hold open the pit while the construction workers prepare the foundations and basement floors. This site is interesting because they actually poured a top deck above the underlying bracing structure. Obviously the there was not enough free space around the tower. So a top deck was put in place to give the workers open space to build support structures and stage materials.

Many people look at these structures and feel that because of the obvious cost involved in building it, that it must some how be incorporated into the final building. That is not the case. If you go back and analyze the images over the last few months, you can see as each basement level is poured, the ring just above was removed. Sometimes it is easier to see in the mall hole to the left than in the core hole. But still, when they are no longer needed, they are removed.

Lots of people ask... "But it costs so much money to build those, how can they just through it away?" I can understand this line of thinking. The ring structure probably cost several million dollars. That is a lot of cash to you and me. But you must keep in mind the scale of the project.

This is a multi-billion dollar venture. A couple of million for this bracing structure is small change in relation to the total cost of the building.

For example, if you wanted to paint your room, you would go buy the paint, brushes, plastic drop cloths to protect your furniture, painters tape and maybe even some paper to mask off the things you want to keep unpainted. At the end of the project, you tear off all the tape and paper, and ball up the plastic drop cloths and dump them in the garbage. Why??? You spent good money on that stuff, they should be part of the room now, shouldn't they? Of course not, you view those expendable materials as necessary costs required to help you complete the project. You never had any intention of incorporating them into the finished project. They were just to facilitate a good job.

The bracing ring structure and top deck are the same as painters tape and drop cloths for our hypothetical room painting project.

As the basement construction moves closer to the surface, it will take over the job of holding back the earth. Successive rings will be removed, one by one, and the concrete rubble trucked away like painters tape.
Eventually, even the top deck will be demolished. and the structure for the mall will take over. You can tell this is the case when you look closely at the mall side, the support columns of the new structure, never connect to the rings (except where the steel vertical supports go through the new floor decks). If the vertical steal ring supports were meant to become part of the finished building, then there would be lots of re-bar surrounding them and they would be tied directly to the next level concrete deck. But they are not. The deck supports are completely separate from the bracing ring supports. Eventually the super columns will be tied to the core through either steel girders, or they will build large concrete beams. At least below grade, those will be built with each successive basement floor, because all that concrete will need to be tied together to create a strong foundation. Above ground, I would bet on steel girders for flexibility.

Last edited by soulcapn; November 30th, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
soulcapn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:25 AM   #3820
bigreach

^Thank You!

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall