daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 12th, 2015, 04:59 AM   #9081
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

I would say 550 meters + at least 65 meters on the crane so 615 meters.
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille

Swiddle liked this post
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2015, 08:16 AM   #9082
trustevil

Likes (Received): 386

I saw an earlier post that said no crown/no spire? Anyone have any idea if this is true because a flat roof does not do this building justice. What were they thinking?

pteranodon liked this post
trustevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:14 AM   #9083
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustevil View Post
I saw an earlier post that said no crown/no spire? Anyone have any idea if this is true because a flat roof does not do this building justice. What were they thinking?
Nobody knows for sure what the final height will be. But it seems the spire is at least cut or removed completely.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 01:39 PM   #9084
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

Capping out means the core I guess. There will be some sort of crown, no worries

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #9085
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
Capping out means the core I guess. There will be some sort of crown, no worries
There were topping out news for Shanghai Tower as well when just the core was T/O. So yes, no worries .

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #9086
Eroha

Likes (Received): 7015

Unusual photo.

www.gaoloumi.com
Old May 12th, 2015, 09:42 PM   #9087
Eroha

Airlines limit high & nbsp; Shenzhen Ping An International Financial Center has shrunk 60 meters missed the tallest building in China.

According to the latest news that, because of the high aviation limit, the original plans to build 660 meter tall Shenzhen Ping An International Financial Center had shrunk 60 meters, the height of the final set at 600 meters, missed the title of China's tallest building. According to reports, Ping An Finance Center Project with a total construction area of ​​460,700 square meters, the project investment of not less than 5 billion yuan, will be built as the headquarters of China's Ping An and Shenzhen to become the financial industry and urban construction of a new milestone. Was published in accordance with the design, the main height of 588.45 meters, height of 660.00 meters design: the first will be built in China, the world's second tallest building. Last July, the project has more than Beijing-based, to become Shenzhen's tallest skyscraper. December 29, 2014 afternoon, the concrete core tube structure of the project 555.5 m official cap. As the project's general contractor in the construction of an office for the media to participate in capping ceremony to announce the project will be fully completed in April 2016, after the completion of the total height will reach 600 meters. The site is located in Shenzhen Futian central business district location, Fuhua Road and Yitian Road interchange southwest corner, near the shopping park, opposite the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center, with a total land area of ​​over 18,931 square meters, planning a total construction area of ​​30.29-37.86 million square m, the building floor area ratio of 16-20. According to the relevant person in charge of the project, because of the high aviation limit so only temporarily adjust the height. The 60 meters short of the main spire is canceled "antenna" means the body does not affect the original design. This is not the first high-rise buildings facing this problem, Guangzhou waistline international competition program to determine the height is 610 meters, and after the completion of the airport air traffic control authorities and after the assessment and coordination, reduced to 600 meters or less. Temporarily adjust the height, this is not the first high-rise buildings facing this problem. Guangzhou landmark waistline, for example, international competition program to determine the height is 610 meters. And after the completion of the airport air traffic control authorities to assess and coordinate with the Government, reduced to 600 meters or less. The main way to reduce, but also cut the antenna. This had cost more than ten million more, time delay for several months. Airlines limit due to high reason, the financial center of Shenzhen has shrunk 60 meters missed the tallest building in China, with the ambitious construction of high-rise building walls, "Shanghai Center" to continue to lead China's tallest building title!
Eroha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 11:04 PM   #9088
Assemblage23
Übereinstimmend

Likes (Received): 8097

That bunch of low-rises so tightly packed together makes me claustrophobic. There's barely room between them, I wonder if the lower units receive any sunlight at all.

Wichtige Änderungen beginnen immer mit ganz neuen Perspektiven.

-
Assemblage23 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 11:05 PM   #9089
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 354

Jesus!

That's dense. Did someone want less green spaces and more density in Shenzhen?

Perhaps a better distribution of those parks would work miracles.

Zaz965, terpi liked this post
KøbenhavnK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 03:29 AM   #9090
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Wow that's dense! I would imagine that hopefully in the future a few apartment towers could alleviate those slums with decent residences and green space.

Apparently Chinese cities don't play the Sim City rule of zones only developing a block or two inward without a road... Certainly those spaces are wide enough for bikes or walking only.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 04:54 AM   #9091
Chris666

Likes (Received): 29

in the 90s there existed wall City in hong kong...Bloodsport movie was filmed there...the pic above reminds me a Little bit of this wall City...

Those megacities in China are incredible...nice to see...but no place I want to live in!
Chris666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 04:57 AM   #9092
Chris666

by the way "high aviation Limit" that is really the most stupid reason I've ever heard...there exist a lot of higher hills and mountains in Areas of Airports...why should a building be more dangerous? Who is making such stupid rules?

FM 2258 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2015, 12:22 PM   #9093
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

I have flown to Shenzhen airport a couple of times, and we get pretty close to some high buildings its a little scary landing.

Also with the people worried about the dense buildings not getting sunlight. In China people are afraid of sunlight, the minute sun shines in a room they shut the curtains. Today is a beautiful day here in Shanghai, and my coworkers shut all the curtains at 8:30 before I got here, I got yelled at for trying to open them. I don't know why we pay for such a high floor when we could just work in the basement.

Miami High Rise, Swiddle liked this post
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 02:13 PM   #9094
Chris666

sorry...what kind of aiports the chines are buildig? A Little bit stupid that guys???
The old airpot in Hong Kong had this Problem already..the reason was the small land in times when HK belonged still to the UK.

The New Airport of HK is "now" bulit far away in the ocean!!

Why planes are close to buildings??? (After 9/11!!!) I can't understand this..really bad developers!!

A building like this here to cut in the highness is "soooooo sad"...and without spire the desgin is definitley destroyed.
Old May 13th, 2015, 02:57 PM   #9095
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50779

High rise views Futian District Shenzhen China by Chris, on Flickr

Shenzhen, China [737x488] by Antonio Max, on Flickr

swatded, FM 2258, Swiddle, Federation2014 liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 03:45 PM   #9096
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

When I worked I China, in the morning I was always fighting with the chinese girls who wanted the curtains open for sunshine to be let in. I as a westerner was always closing tge windows to see stuff on my computer screen. So I can't agree with that statement at all.

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 03:59 PM   #9097
Chris666

I agree...I 've never heard, that chines don't want to see the sun...perhaps some vampires
Old May 13th, 2015, 04:24 PM   #9098
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6859

Quote:
Originally Posted by KøbenhavnK View Post
Jesus!

That's dense. Did someone want less green spaces and more density in Shenzhen?

Perhaps a better distribution of those parks would work miracles.
Those super-dense areas are what Shenzhen was started with in the early 80's. Much of that has already been demolished or will be soon.

In terms of green spaces and parks Shenzhen is easily one of the best cities and it certainly doesn't need much fixing there. It's what is called a 'garden city' which was pioneered by Singapore. Even built up areas actually have lots of very dense and tall greenery (trees, bushes, shrubs) which makes a huge difference.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 07:03 PM   #9099
Eroha

www.gaoloumi.com

swatded, Swiddle, Federation2014 liked this post
Eroha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 07:19 PM   #9100
Jclsoww
New Zealand

Likes (Received): 15

a beautiful building, i like it.