daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 25th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #9721
trustevil

Likes (Received): 386

I hate to say I told u so but, I told you so... I knew the pic was going to be old, the guy was a noob anyway so how was he to know that the spire was cut, or if he did how would he know the pic was old if he just came to the forum? At least he had a pic though lol
anyway the pic was a broken image at least on my connection so im reposting

Last edited by trustevil; August 25th, 2015 at 10:11 PM.
trustevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2015, 11:58 PM   #9722
jhalsey

Likes (Received): 181

Of course there will be a spire. The wait is just suspense to gain attention. I think the spire will be jacked up from below through those holes.
jhalsey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 01:38 AM   #9723
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustevil View Post
I hate to say I told u so but, I told you so... I knew the pic was going to be old, the guy was a noob anyway so how was he to know that the spire was cut, or if he did how would he know the pic was old if he just came to the forum? At least he had a pic though lol
What?

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:43 AM   #9724
trustevil

Likes (Received): 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkYsCrApEr2013 View Post
What?
Did i make it too hard to understand? Well anyway he sent me a private msg with the pic and i tried to post it to the forum but it wasnt showing up and the pic was of an older render so it really doesn't matter. But we can hope that there will be one even though no recent pics
trustevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 08:13 AM   #9725
Scion

Likes (Received): 4226

There is no spire. The aviation authorities suddenly realized this tower's existence well into its construction, and immediately declared a 600 meter height restriction in the area measured from sea level. The spire got cut, and the entire crown redesigned, with the Louvre glass pyramid at the top. The final height measured from ground level is 589.375 meters.

Old August 26th, 2015, 09:53 AM   #9726
The seventh shape
Master of his domain

Likes (Received): 819

I think it's better this way. It's nice the way the angles keep turning in more as it rises. With a spire the angles would turn out again at the base of the spire, which I think is aesthetically less pleasing.
The seventh shape no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 10:05 AM   #9727
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

So it'll end up not even as a megatall? Very disappointing
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 01:19 PM   #9728
ed500

Likes (Received): 1919

Found this, i think its old but gives a good idea how it will look once finished, i actually dont mind it without the spire.

http://down6.zhulong.com/tech/detailprof1003720JZ.htm
ed500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 02:31 PM   #9729
artevelde

Likes (Received): 1

So why did they put up the yellow crane ?
Just to finish the glass piramid ?

Peloso liked this post
artevelde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 02:58 PM   #9730
Peloso

Likes (Received): 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
There is no spire. The aviation authorities suddenly realized this tower's existence well into its construction, and immediately declared a 600 meter height restriction in the area measured from sea level.
Doesn't make much sense, does it? It's not like the approach path to an airport can change as soon as new or projected buildings are "discovered". They will not "declare" limits on a whim. Either the limit existed earlier (they had established a flight path that required such an height limit at the time the airport, or the air route system, was projected) or the flight paths and the height limits were entirely redesigned afterwards, without Ping'an playing a role in this - that it must obey the rules is a different matter. By the way, I also find it weird the way limits are decided in the city. There was this discussion about towers being too high, because in Qianhai 350 to 450 meters high towers could have been built. So "The planned zone – 12 to 15 kilometers southeast of Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport – has raised concerns among aviation authorities over potential risks the high-rises could pose to fight safety". (quote from http://english.caixin.com/2015-04-17/100801207.html). My question: what has Ping'an to do with this at all? It's not southeast of the airport, more like east-south-east, and well out of the approach path to the runway. It's more than 25 km off. And, well, it's in the very downtown. Every city in the world organizes traffic so that the final legs to the runway are as much far away from the downtown as possible. Shenzhen doesn't, as it seems. Or either there's politics behind this drama. But again, these plans could have been changed. The most up-to-date news we have are from february.

TowerVerre:), AlexDemens liked this post
Peloso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 03:27 PM   #9731
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 3420

Actually im starting to believe that the 600m height limit is province wide,Canton tower was supposed to be 610m or so but was controlled at 600m,that was also very far from any airport.
I believe Shenzhen updated their height limits in 2014 or something,before that the new airport wasnt very active,that would explain why the height was to be controlled so late into the construction period.

Also Shenzhen hasnt got the luxury to change their flight paths because doing so would intrude on Hong kong already congested airspace.

Anyway this is a beautiful,extremely tall tower with or without the spire and from the looks of it futian cbd is only about to grow larger.
originally posted on gaoloumi by xiaodong1990

TowerVerre:) liked this post
lowenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 03:29 PM   #9732
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
There is no spire. The aviation authorities suddenly realized this tower's existence well into its construction, and immediately declared a 600 meter height restriction in the area measured from sea level. The spire got cut, and the entire crown redesigned, with the Louvre glass pyramid at the top. The final height measured from ground level is 589.375 meters.

Looks good!
Do you also know more about the height limits in Qianhai? We just confirmed that one building had a height cut to 150m but as far as I know the rumored general height limit of 153m wasn't confirmed here for now.
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 03:32 PM   #9733
Crowns n' Spires
Archivar

Likes (Received): 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by artevelde View Post
So why did they put up the yellow crane ?
Just to finish the glass piramid ?
Probably also to deinstall the blue one, which is bigger.
If you look closely, you can see, that the blue one is attached to the core over several floors, while the yellow one is not.

Dave-in-Toronto liked this post

Last edited by Crowns n' Spires; August 26th, 2015 at 05:02 PM.
Crowns n' Spires no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #9734
Speechless.♥

Likes (Received): 626

Maybe they´ll take off some floors, reduce the height to 550 and some people here will be yet happier that they are now At the moment I prefer KK to Pingan. Pingan will be higher, will have 150m more than KK, but KK has unique design and light show...

Last edited by Speechless.♥; August 26th, 2015 at 04:50 PM.
Speechless.♥ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:46 PM   #9735
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenmeister View Post
Anyway this is a beautiful,extremely tall tower with or without the spire and from the looks of it futian cbd is only about to grow larger.
originally posted on gaoloumi by xiaodong1990

What are we looking at here?
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 05:23 PM   #9736
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2609

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
So it'll end up not even as a megatall? Very disappointing
They did the right thing, after all this will prevent it from becoming the world's ugliest megatall All other megatalls play in their own league, Ping'an would be the 'retarded brother' among them.
Old August 26th, 2015, 06:55 PM   #9737
evilbish

Likes (Received): 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloso View Post
Doesn't make much sense, does it? It's not like the approach path to an airport can change as soon as new or projected buildings are "discovered". They will not "declare" limits on a whim. Either the limit existed earlier (they had established a flight path that required such an height limit at the time the airport, or the air route system, was projected) or the flight paths and the height limits were entirely redesigned afterwards, without Ping'an playing a role in this - that it must obey the rules is a different matter. By the way, I also find it weird the way limits are decided in the city. There was this discussion about towers being too high, because in Qianhai 350 to 450 meters high towers could have been built. So "The planned zone – 12 to 15 kilometers southeast of Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport – has raised concerns among aviation authorities over potential risks the high-rises could pose to fight safety". (quote from http://english.caixin.com/2015-04-17/100801207.html). My question: what has Ping'an to do with this at all? It's not southeast of the airport, more like east-south-east, and well out of the approach path to the runway. It's more than 25 km off. And, well, it's in the very downtown. Every city in the world organizes traffic so that the final legs to the runway are as much far away from the downtown as possible. Shenzhen doesn't, as it seems. Or either there's politics behind this drama. But again, these plans could have been changed. The most up-to-date news we have are from february.
I've lived in SZ for 5 years, mostly in Nanshan and I can tell you from where I live I can see the planes coming into land from way out in the east so Ping'an does impact on incoming planes.

This is one of the many flight paths that planes take coming into land, this one is usually planes from the north and east. The black box is the location of Ping'an.

evilbish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:04 PM   #9738
Crowns n' Spires
Archivar

Likes (Received): 756

How much is the distance from the nearest point on the red line to Ping An? I guess less than a mile or 1.5km? Thats not verry far away in my opinion.

edit: Sorry, I read "doesn't impact on incoming planes".
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:12 PM   #9739
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 3420

Quote:
What are we looking at here?
Huangang redevelopment,a project we thought was dead is still in planning from the looks of it,two 350m towers+5 200m+ Looking towers

KillerZavatar liked this post
lowenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #9740
Speechless.♥

Likes (Received): 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Skyscraper View Post
They did the right thing, after all this will prevent it from becoming the world's ugliest megatall All other megatalls play in their own league, Ping'an would be the 'retarded brother' among them.
But the original project, with coloured cladding and height 660 was really beautiful... To me it was another Shanghai tower, but quite different, ST is eccentric beauty, Pingan would be more like unobtrusive beauty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS19fc8lQ0A

Last edited by Speechless.♥; August 26th, 2015 at 07:24 PM.
Speechless.♥ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall