daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 15th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #1301
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroban View Post
Remenber Chicago Spire: on hold?
similar hole in the ground.

Hopefully this beauty will rise soon.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2011, 03:24 AM   #1302
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

Posted by szfit

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 03:52 AM   #1303
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Awesome ... Never enough plans and drawings.
Thanks for posting Zorg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon
You can't compare the two projects.... The Chicago Spire was a pipe dream. This one will happen for sure. China rising America dying...
Hi Munwon.
I have over 3500 pics of some very elaborate foundation work for the CS.
I think calling it a "pipedream" is out of line. True - it is not looking good now but it was (and still could be in the future I hope) a very real project.

Ray.

Last edited by Fury; January 16th, 2011 at 04:11 AM.
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #1304
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3629

I really really really like this one, Hope they could finish it soon

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #1305
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

Awesome ... Never enough plans and drawings.
Thanks for posting Zorg.

Hi Munwon.
I have over 3500 pics of some very elaborate foundation work for the CS.
I think calling it a "pipedream" is out of line. True - it is not looking good now but it was (and still could be in the future I hope) a very real project.

Ray.
Please don't take that statement the wrong way.... It was a solid project but the money wasn't there.... I hope I'm wrong and someday it will be built but not soon....
Zorg- Any word on why they slowed down on this?
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #1306
Konta

Likes (Received): 20

I love those mega columns..
BTW,what does the figure "653.3" beside "646.0" mean?
Konta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #1307
Nordschleife

Likes (Received): 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konta View Post
I love those mega columns..
BTW,what does the figure "653.3" beside "646.0" mean?
646 is the real height, figures in the bracket means height above the sea level.
Nordschleife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #1308
boschb
boschb

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
Have you actually been there before, and you call those high-rises "for the most part"? Perhaps you had a little too much to drink when you wrote this?

By your estimation, then LA and San Diego would be in the same CBD, or San Fran and San Jose? I guess you have never actually lived inside a major city, and every little suburban strip of condos gets you exited?

Do you even know what "CBD" means?
calm down buddy, i never said that they would be in the same CBD
i was just commenting on the 150 years thing
dont be to sensitive and dont direct attention away from this thread!
boschb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #1309
HardBall

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by boschb View Post
calm down buddy, i never said that they would be in the same CBD
i was just commenting on the 150 years thing
dont be to sensitive and dont direct attention away from this thread!
Alright, perhaps my response was probably a little harsh, and could have been more courteous.

Next time, please read my writing more carefully, and respond to the contents that I have actually written. In your post, here:

Quote:
Sorry but what you said made no sense, there is much city between the centers of HK and Shenzhen.
Only a few a few patches of mountains separate them, and between the patches are many high rises for the most part.
Unless you mean there going to build the city over the mountains i don't think there is much room for growth, so they are pretty much as interconnected now as the cities will ever be, its hard to say if it could ever be considered one city
i mean 100 to 150 years! the cities could be underwater by then, maybe 30 years or less
Written as a response to mine:

Quote:
To call Shenzhen and Hongkong the same CBD though is an entirely different matter, they are about 40 km apart, which is about 3-4 times further than Guanzhou and Foshan. So that will not happened in our lifetime; 100 - 150 years out into the future, possibly.
Which clearly states my point, which is that they will not be in the same CBD in the foreseeable future, which is what I said "will not happen in our lifetime". Maybe you just didn't read my actual language of the post carefully, and it's not that you are actually uninformed about these things. But reading statements carefully before responding next time would be a good idea.
HardBall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #1310
djm160190

Likes (Received): 763

I think this building will be great when done...it has a really soaring and imposing design. In fact the design sort of reminds me of the Empire State Building - can any one else see that?

I wish that Pingan Group had built this sort of building in the Lujiazui CBD rather than their neo-classical attempt with horrible red logos. On the other hand, Shanghai will have the new Shanghai Tower which I think is superior to this building in terms of design and boundaries it pushes.
djm160190 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #1311
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 386

Quote:
Which clearly states my point, which is that they will not be in the same CBD in the foreseeable future, which is what I said "will not happen in our lifetime".
So, when Shenzhen-Hong Kong express railway opens, the trip time shall be 12 minutes for 26 km, doors close to doors open.

What is the distance from Pingan tower door to railway station door?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #1312
HardBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
So, when Shenzhen-Hong Kong express railway opens, the trip time shall be 12 minutes for 26 km, doors close to doors open.

What is the distance from Pingan tower door to railway station door?
So, you think there should be mountains and tunnels in the middle of a CBD? The surface distance is actually 26 miles, which would need to be the size of a pedestrian accessible zone for them to be in the same CBD.
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:12 AM   #1313
boschb
boschb

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Which clearly states my point, which is that they will not be in the same CBD in the foreseeable future, which is what I said "will not happen in our lifetime". Maybe you just didn't read my actual language of the post carefully, and it's not that you are actually uninformed about these things. But reading statements carefully before responding next time would be a good idea.
i never said they would be in the same cbd, i just thought 150 years sounded ridiculous, i didn't mean that you were wrong, when i said they 30 years or less i meant thats when the usable space in between hk and Shenzhen would be filled up not them being in the same cdb
i wasn't opposing what you were saying, don't respond to this were just filling the forum with stupidity lol
you clearly don't see what im saying anyways
boschb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #1314
HardBall

Quote:
i never said they would be in the same cbd, i just thought 150 years sounded ridiculous, i didn't mean that you were wrong, when i said they 30 years or less i meant thats when the usable space in between hk and Shenzhen would be filled up not them being in the same cdb
i wasn't opposing what you were saying, don't respond to this were just filling the forum with stupidity lol
you clearly don't see what im saying anyways
So why did you quote me on the part when I talked about CBDs of these two cities then? I was clearly referring to the CBDs when I was talking about the 100-150 years.

And now you seem to be contradicting yourself:
  • On one hand, you responded to my quote that 150 years for the merging of the CBDs (my point) was ridiculous.
  • On the other hand, you said that you meant "not them being in the same cbd".

As I said before, please simply read my comments carefully before responding.
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:27 AM   #1315
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordschleife View Post
646 is the real height, figures in the bracket means height above the sea level.
Hi Nord.

Perhaps the other figure is height above whatever vertical datum Shenzhen uses. This is the norm for most projects. There are tidal based datums used in some places. Some places use their own municipal datum such as Dubai. Here in North America the NAVD29, or 84, or 88 is used. The numbers correspond to the years they were measured - 1929, 1984, and 1988. Datums are used so surveyors have the same elevation for a common point of reference.

For the BK the ground level as per the plans is 0.00 (+11.50 DMD). AKA as per the official CTBUH measure as 10.00 (+1.50 DMD). The average pre-construction grade was +2.50 DMD.

Hi Munwon.
NP man. I hear you that the $ wasn't there for CS. Hopefully the future will bode well for that project.

Ray.

Last edited by Fury; January 17th, 2011 at 04:41 AM.
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #1316
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm160190 View Post
I think this building will be great when done...it has a really soaring and imposing design. In fact the design sort of reminds me of the Empire State Building - can any one else see that?

I wish that Pingan Group had built this sort of building in the Lujiazui CBD rather than their neo-classical attempt with horrible red logos. On the other hand, Shanghai will have the new Shanghai Tower which I think is superior to this building in terms of design and boundaries it pushes.
Yeah, I think that the similarities lie in the fact that they both have those stripes as part of the cladding. Shape wise, Ping An is square where as esb is rectangular. PingAn looks a lot more grand and elegant to be honest.

Will Hong Kong CBD merge with Shenzhen CBD? I don't think so, even if the Shenzhen government decides to introduce a new CBD on the border. Its just not efficient to be honest, so crossing CBD's will require custom check?

Their suburban area may merge, but don't all boarders have some sort of life on each side anyways, think Macau/Zhu hai boarder.......... CBD is only the commmerical and financial hub of the city, where most people go to work, people don't really live in CBDs as such, they generally live in suburban areas. I think the suburban areas will one day merge though, since people are coming from the rural and the birth policy is altered.
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #1317
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepblue01 View Post
Will Hong Kong CBD merge with Shenzhen CBD? I don't think so, even if the Shenzhen government decides to introduce a new CBD on the border. Its just not efficient to be honest, so crossing CBD's will require custom check?

Their suburban area may merge, but don't all boarders have some sort of life on each side anyways, think Macau/Zhu hai boarder.......... CBD is only the commmerical and financial hub of the city, where most people go to work, people don't really live in CBDs as such, they generally live in suburban areas. I think the suburban areas will one day merge though, since people are coming from the rural and the birth policy is altered.
Hong Kong border was open till 1951, although Hong Kong had a different system. So the different system does not absolutely require harsh custom checks all the time till 2047.

Hong Kong used to have 28 square km Frontier Closed Area. But now Hong Kong built an extra fence on the border, so they need just 8 square km. What is Hong Kong going to do with the surplus 20 square km of frontier area? Public parks, suburban sprawl or CBD?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #1318
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Still no verified explanation on why the construction has stopped.
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #1319
dfuryotu
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Welcome to------- http://www.onseeking.com ----
All kinds of world brand shoes,jeans,t-shirts,bikini,wind coat ,handbags,wallets,sunglasses,belt,caps,watches etc..
Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33,
Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $15
New era cap $15
UGG boots $52
------ have some cheap and high quality merchandise
------ have some good beautiful gift
-------free shipping!
======http://www.onseeking.com =======
dfuryotu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #1320
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
Still no verified explanation on why the construction has stopped.
No money:

Ping An shares see huge fall
Source: Global Times
Comments By Wang Xinyuan

The share prices of China's second largest life insurer, Ping An Insurance (Group) Company, plunged on both the Shanghai and Hong Kong stock markets Thursday driven by fears over its possible refinancing plan.
On the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Ping An's shares took the biggest tumble among the Top 5, closing at 52.59 yuan ($7.93), down 4.14 percent from the previous day. On the Hong Kong exchange, it fell to HK$84.75 ($10.9), down 0.7 percent.
"The share price collapse is mainly driven by fears in the market that Ping An might need to find refinancing of up to 80-100 billion yuan ($12.06- $15.08 billion) for meeting the minimum capital requirement set by the regulators," Luo Qi, an insurance analyst with Ping An Securities, told the Global Times.
"We think that Ping An lacks funds for expansion over the next 2-3 years. It would be best for them to acquire extra capital by taking advantage of the strong capital market now," Sun Xu, an insurance analyst with UBS Securities, wrote in a November report.
The company has a capital shortfall of 20-50 billion yuan ($3.02-7.54 billion), Reuters reported Thursday citing other brokerages.
"We don't comment on market rumors. Ping An's financial status is stable. So far we haven't received any notification of the refinancing plan," Sheng Ruisheng, Ping An Group's spokesman, told the Global Times.
The nightmare of Ping An's huge refinancing initiative in January 2008 is still fresh in the public's memory.
The company had then decided to issue an additional 1.2 billion shares and 41.2-billion-yuan ($6.21 billion) worth of convertible bonds to raise a total of around 160 billion yuan ($24.12 billion). The aim was to prop up its investment in the Belgium-based Fortis Group.
Following that announcement, shareholders of Ping An suffered 20 percent losses in the A-share market on two consecutive days. Fears that the large-scale refinancing would dilute the earnings per share caused a panic sell-off.
Ping An's audacious move triggered a refinance craze among other big listed A-share companies such as China Unicom and Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, hammering China's stock market all the way down.
Given that terrible experience, investors believe that this time too, the company's refinancing might be the signal for yet another imminent sell-off, Xu Liping, an independent insurance consultant, told the Global Times.
http://business.globaltimes.cn/china...01/609742.html
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall