daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:36 PM   #1341
the sock

Likes (Received): 80

looking like some movement at last ,hope they pick up the pace a little.
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #1342
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

I've tried to enhance this last pic.
image hosted on flickr
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:51 AM   #1343
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by crriss View Post
I've saw similar "frames" on other places. they are some kind of small cranes used to lift some buckets with soil from the holes which they will start to dig soon. they are digging some 1.5-2mm wide wells, pour concrete on the sides, then keep excavating under, then again concrete, excavation, etc. eventually will be a very deep, 20-30m well where probably will insert the rebar and pour concrete. this should be one of the foundations piles. all the excavation which i saw was done manually, with 12 century technology, using just pickaxes and shovel. let's hope that someone will explain us in more detail the procedure, and post some pictures when they will do this.
crriss you seem to know whats going on with this project. Do you live in Shenzhen?
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:11 AM   #1344
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroban View Post
No money:

Ping An shares see huge fall
Source: Global Times
Comments By Wang Xinyuan

The share prices of China's second largest life insurer, Ping An Insurance (Group) Company, plunged on both the Shanghai and Hong Kong stock markets Thursday driven by fears over its possible refinancing plan.
On the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Ping An's shares took the biggest tumble among the Top 5, closing at 52.59 yuan ($7.93), down 4.14 percent from the previous day. On the Hong Kong exchange, it fell to HK$84.75 ($10.9), down 0.7 percent.
"The share price collapse is mainly driven by fears in the market that Ping An might need to find refinancing of up to 80-100 billion yuan ($12.06- $15.08 billion) for meeting the minimum capital requirement set by the regulators," Luo Qi, an insurance analyst with Ping An Securities, told the Global Times.
"We think that Ping An lacks funds for expansion over the next 2-3 years. It would be best for them to acquire extra capital by taking advantage of the strong capital market now," Sun Xu, an insurance analyst with UBS Securities, wrote in a November report.
The company has a capital shortfall of 20-50 billion yuan ($3.02-7.54 billion), Reuters reported Thursday citing other brokerages.
"We don't comment on market rumors. Ping An's financial status is stable. So far we haven't received any notification of the refinancing plan," Sheng Ruisheng, Ping An Group's spokesman, told the Global Times.
The nightmare of Ping An's huge refinancing initiative in January 2008 is still fresh in the public's memory.
The company had then decided to issue an additional 1.2 billion shares and 41.2-billion-yuan ($6.21 billion) worth of convertible bonds to raise a total of around 160 billion yuan ($24.12 billion). The aim was to prop up its investment in the Belgium-based Fortis Group.
Following that announcement, shareholders of Ping An suffered 20 percent losses in the A-share market on two consecutive days. Fears that the large-scale refinancing would dilute the earnings per share caused a panic sell-off.
Ping An's audacious move triggered a refinance craze among other big listed A-share companies such as China Unicom and Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, hammering China's stock market all the way down.
Given that terrible experience, investors believe that this time too, the company's refinancing might be the signal for yet another imminent sell-off, Xu Liping, an independent insurance consultant, told the Global Times.
http://business.globaltimes.cn/china...01/609742.html
Oh dear, I hope this doesn't put a stop to the project.
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:01 AM   #1345
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Looking back through the 350 construction pics I have, I don't see any piles being done in the areas of the 2 holes. The piles for the podium were done with full size pile rigs like this.
From 10 01 18

[IMG]http://i51.************/1zxwsqs.jpg[/IMG]

The foundation stategy for this project along with ST are perplexing for differing reasons. I won't get into ST as I have posted on it before. Most projects that pile before excavation (including ST by the way) do all the piling that will be under the tower and pour the concrete so the top is just above the level they will be excavating to. They then dig down exposing the pile caps that they then break to expose the rebar that will tie into the raft rebar they add later. I posted before wondering about the lack of piles under the main structures. I thought they must have done them between updates and since the drawings show 5 basement levels we would see them being exposed while digging the next (5th) level.
Now that we have seen the ceremony from the bottom I question:
1 - whether there will be 5 lower levels, and
2 - whether they did any piling under the 'holes' yet.

With that being said I have my doubts that after using full size piling rigs for the podium that they will now resort to piling techniques from 100 years ago using those tiny frames and manual labor. The frames look like they could barely lift a couple of 5 gallon pales full of dirt at a time.

I don't pretend to know what the foundation strategy will be under the main structures and the frames are surely down there for a reason ...
This will be interesting to 'watch' and it is good to see some sort of action.

Ray.
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #1346
King of Construction
skyscraperized

Likes (Received): 254

Is this project on hold or cancelled?

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #1347
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2609

no progress for a while doesn't mean it's cancelled
i guess it's on hold. but there is also this strange yellow wireframe in the last update... so probably something is happening again...
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #1348
Konta

Likes (Received): 20

The workers are enjoying their Chinese traditional new year holiday.
Hope there will be some progress after the holiday.

( ◕ ‿‿ ◕ )
Konta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #1349
aphw

Likes (Received): 3

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...471040&page=64

According to this, Ping'an IFC might be 660m...?
aphw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #1350
HardBall

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphw View Post
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...471040&page=64

According to this, Ping'an IFC might be 660m...?
So it means a redesign is on the horizon? That would be great news, te current design is gosh-darned awful. A redesign would be just what the doctor ordered.
HardBall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #1351
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

i do not think it is redesigned. if the height is correct only the pinnacle might change
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #1352
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

648m according to the source quoted by that article.
http://www.thorntontomasetti.com/pro...finance_center

AFAIK the 660m rumor was fabricated by a troll from certain Chinese forum who photoshopped some diagrams.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

Last edited by z0rg; February 8th, 2011 at 02:11 AM.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #1353
HardBall

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
648m according to the source quoted by that article.
http://www.thorntontomasetti.com/pro...finance_center

AFAIK the 660m rumor was fabricated by a troll from certain Chinese forum who potoshopped some diagrams.

ugghhhhh, We need to start a petition for redesign; the current design blows, very very badly. I was pretty much expecting a redesign with the delay that they are having. I thought they had come to their senses, but maybe apparently not!

Please Ping'An, don't let us down again.
HardBall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:13 AM   #1354
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

Hehe. Well, according to the trollcracies we get most updates from, where nobody bothers to provide or even mention sources for anything they post about, they may actually redesign it. But likely minor design changes.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #1355
MCFXM

Likes (Received): 2

Height of 660 meters down the approval has not yet approved, to wait until after New Year it.
MCFXM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #1356
Muchenyi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Will they have all the money to finish what they started?!
Muchenyi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #1357
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10113

diagram update
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5135/...579f91b0_o.jpg
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #1358
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

awesome culwalla, i wonder when it will start rising, but will take some more time i guess
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #1359
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

The underground stage of skyscrapers always takes forever, it is annoying as hell but unfortunately unavoidable. I'm sure that once this is above ground it will go at a respectable one-floor-a-week speed.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #1360
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
The underground stage of skyscrapers always takes forever, it is annoying as hell but unfortunately unavoidable. I'm sure that once this is above ground it will go at a respectable one-floor-a-week speed.
yeah i know probably the foundation will be nearly finished at next chinese new year and then we can see it rising, if earlier even better

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall