daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #1361
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

So this means we have a project ON HOLD if they are redesigning it and changing height the final height might as well be 550 for all I know until we have a credible source of information quoting something Official
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:07 AM   #1362
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
The underground stage of skyscrapers always takes forever, it is annoying as hell but unfortunately unavoidable. I'm sure that once this is above ground it will go at a respectable one-floor-a-week speed.
Hi Drone.

I rather enjoy the foundation works. There is just as much happening as the later above grade work - it's just not as visually apparent. The earlier planning phase and even earlier conceptual phase are just as enjoyable to me.

As for this project it does seem they are in a holding pattern - perhaps not 'on hold' but certainly 'on pause'.

Ray.
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #1363
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3183

Scion sent me a message a while ago saying Ping'an want to push the height to 660 meters but Beijing is dragging their feet on approving it. Also he said there was cracking on the concrete foundations due to heavy rain recieved this summer.
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #1364
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15907

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
So this means we have a project ON HOLD if they are redesigning it and changing height the final height might as well be 550 for all I know until we have a credible source of information quoting something Official
Just ignore those baseless rumors. They are normally fabricated by attention whores.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #1365
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

Hi Drone.

I rather enjoy the foundation works. There is just as much happening as the later above grade work - it's just not as visually apparent. The earlier planning phase and even earlier conceptual phase are just as enjoyable to me.

As for this project it does seem they are in a holding pattern - perhaps not 'on hold' but certainly 'on pause'.

Ray.
Well we did had an update where there were pillar equipment , I would say it might take 3-6 month at least to finish the foundation works and spanning to over one year the underground works. Chinese engineering is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
Just ignore those baseless rumors. They are normally fabricated by attention whores.
Thank you Zorg
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #1366
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2461

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
ugghhhhh, We need to start a petition for redesign; the current design blows, very very badly. I was pretty much expecting a redesign with the delay that they are having. I thought they had come to their senses, but maybe apparently not!

Please Ping'An, don't let us down again.
I love the current design, I hope they don't change it, but I'm worried it won't get built.
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #1367
aphw

Likes (Received): 3

I might even prefer it to Shanghai Tower...
aphw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:23 AM   #1368
HardBall

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simfan34 View Post
I love the current design, I hope they don't change it, but I'm worried it won't get built.
Hope you are kidding. Aesthetics is not a word that I would put in the same sentence as pingan at this point.

I was thinking how hard it would be to adapt the work so far to a design like Chicago spire. That is one superb design that is just looking for a place to get built, it would fit SZ skyline very well. How good it would be to have KK and CS on the same skyline.
HardBall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #1369
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10273

I agree. Ping'an looks like an Aon Tower-Empire State Building hybrid that took the worst parts of both buildings. A new design would be great. Maybe all glass this time. For me, 2000ft+ should be fully glass.

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #1370
boschb
boschb

Likes (Received): 31

yeah its bad cause its square and it has a spire in the center
honestly i dont see a single thing ugly about this building
boschb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 04:19 AM   #1371
philaw

Likes (Received): 0

Empire State Building look-alike
philaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #1372
OEincorparated

Likes (Received): 47

Simple is good here, what is the status on it now 648 or 660?
OEincorparated no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #1373
snapdragon

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post

+1 to that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simfan34 View Post
Old February 16th, 2011, 05:07 AM   #1374
mthmchris

Likes (Received): 52

To throw some heat on the baseless rumors, I was walking by Coco Park the other day, and the renders on the walls of the site were ripped off. Again, I have no idea what that means.

Now, I would absolutely love for this project to be built (I don't understand the criticism about the design), but I too am worried that it will become nothing but another 烂尾.

It is important to remember that Shenzhen does not have the government-directed fixed asset investment machine that is sported by Beijing, Shanghai and Chongqing (or even province capitals like Guangzhou, Hangzhou, or Shenyang). Shenzhen, as a city, is one of China's most market-oriented - as an SEZ, it gets a number of preferential policies that make it a great place to do business, but that means that the financial burden of real estate development by and large falls on private enterprises. Shenzhen's economic strength is also its weakness - you live by the sword and die by the sword. Shenzhen is riddled with half built real estate projects.

So yeah, when a private company is attempting to build the tallest skyscraper in China (and Asia at large), and said company is having trouble meeting the central government's new capital requirements, and the president of said company (Louis Cheung) jumped ship to start a private equity firm... there might be indeed be a problem.

Remember that Ping An, unlike other private real estate developers such as Excellence or Vanke, can't simply borrow the money to make up the difference. The fact that they already have too many liabilities is what's causing their difficulties in the first place.

We'll see what happens, and I don't think it's enough to put the project "on hold" yet. Chinese securities companies are secretive to a fault, and finding English language news is even more of a struggle. But yeah, I don't think the rumors are completely baseless.

If anyone can help me find some good, in depth financial statements from the Ping An Group (even in Chinese... financial statements are pretty easy to read), I'd love to scour them for more information as to whether Ping An is indeed facing a real capital shortfall. Anything to keep my mind off of teaching English
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
mthmchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 06:32 AM   #1375
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Good insights.

The signs being torn down around the site doesn't sound encouraging. Looks like we're in for a long wait.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #1376
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Good insights.

The signs being torn down around the site doesn't sound encouraging. Looks like we're in for a long wait.
Some of the signs were torn down to let room for new and fresh advertising. The main board on the South East corner is still up. This year is the year of the Universiade (student olympic games) in Shenzhen and Pingand is one of the partner, they are advertising on this it makes more sense than advertising on a building that will completed 3 or 4 years later. On the hotel construction site there are Pingan advertisement about their financial services.
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:10 AM   #1377
mthmchris

Likes (Received): 52

Well, that's encouraging at least. While I still worry, it was the North-East corner render that was torn, which means it was probably due to the elements or something.
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
mthmchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:05 AM   #1378
Konta

Likes (Received): 20

by:自然兄

The weather's not good,but we can see that there's still some progress on the site.

( ◕ ‿‿ ◕ )
Konta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #1379
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2571

The building itself is iconic. But I can't imagine Shenzhen stealing the skyline crown from HK.

In the end, HK + Shenzhen will form a mega skyline.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #1380
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

So these little tools seems to have been put in order.
Some weeks ago they were like this:
image hosted on flickr

And now they are like this:
I've enhanced one part of 自然兄 picture.

image hosted on flickr

So does anybody knows exactly the purpose of these kind of small cranes?
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall