daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 18th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #1441
OEincorparated

Likes (Received): 47

Thanks Yann, looks like more is being taken out then being put in though.
OEincorparated no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #1442
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

When I was taking the pictures I saw only once the main crane taking out the rebars.
Perhaps do they use these straight rebars to make the square ones in the welding workshop on the East side of the construction site.
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #1443
Miami High Rise

Likes (Received): 2546

Anything new here? Has activity died?
Miami High Rise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #1444
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

You should read more than one post before
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #1445
Miami High Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
You should read more than one post before
lol no, you're mistaken, I have been posting here for a while, it's just that now there have been no updates for a while. On such a development that's just swinging back into action I would assume there'd be a lot of posts or excitement or something.

Anything new in the last two days, such as an increase or decrease in activity on the site?
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #1446
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

increase! I took pictures yesterday, I've even been able to go on high floors of the International Chamber of Commerce building just close to the construction site. Stay tuned for more
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #1447
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Updates from yesterday

Hello,

So yesterday I tried to take more pictures of the PAIFC construction sites.

The West gate of hotel construction site was opened so I could take some pictures of the containers barracks + concrete made barracks.

Then the South gate of main construction site was opened. I've spotted lot of small blue pick up trucks that were taking what looked like cement down the south pit (that leads also to the main tower pit).

Then I went to the 4th floor of the China Telecom building and I saw that they were taking straight rebars and square shape rebars down the main pit.
I also saw some workers starting to pile up some wood planks, which could mean great news as they might start the inside construction (I don't know how to call that). But there is definitely no traces of a 5th level! Could it mean that they won't go as high as expected? Can we make a 646m building with only 4 underground floors?

Then I went to Shenzhen International Chamber of Commerce building on the East side of the construction site and one of the guard was very kind and took me to the air conditioning equipment floors at the 47th and 32nd floor. Unfortunately there was not access to the west part of the building so I've only been able to take bad pictures from the north side of the building through metal net. But at least we can see what's going on down there! It's really only in China that people are kind enough to take a foreigner up to restricted areas of a building to allow him to take pictures! Thanks China!

Here are the pictures. (and sorry for the quality of some of the pictures!)
You can see more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yleberre/sets/1582442/

So here we go:

First of all the Hotel construction site:
- From the West gate:
image hosted on flickr

- Container barracks + construction of concrete barracks:
image hosted on flickr

- Taken from 47th floor of Shenzhen International Chamber of Commerce. You can see the container barracks + the concrete barracks behind, close to the west wall.
image hosted on flickr

- Here we can see all the buildings of the hotel construction site. Worker buildings, cladding tryout, office building etc.
image hosted on flickr

Then the main construction site:
- From the South gate. This type of blue trucks were going inside the pit loaded with pile of sand or cement and were going out empty. Here is the cleaning before exiting the construction site.
image hosted on flickr

- Same blue trucks taken from the north side, coming out of the pit.
image hosted on flickr

- The worst picture! Workers piling up wood planks on the north west corner of the main construction site
image hosted on flickr

- Putting in the straight rebars
image hosted on flickr

- Taken from 32nd floor or Shenzhen International Chambre of Commerce down the main pit
image hosted on flickr

- Here we can see the square shape rebars, the straight rebars and some wood planks.
image hosted on flickr

You can get full format of these pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yleberr...582442/detail/

That's all for now. Experts commenting will be much appreciated.
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #1448
Miami High Rise

Looks like it has four underground floors and a ground floor. Not five below ground levels as stated. Perhaps when it's all done that "ground floor" may seem below ground with all the stuff around it, though.

"Going in with cement and coming out empty"= I hope they're not filling it in!

Really though the basement looks old, kind of rusty, almost like the Chicago Spire, how long ago was this first under construction and for how long was it stalled? I know it was on hold at one point.
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #1449
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

It kind of stalled only for 2 months in which there was 1 month for the chinese new year. But there was still some minor activity down the pit as there were huge lights at night lighting the inside of the pits.
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #1450
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Hi Yann.

Great update.
Never worry too much about picture quality - any shots are appreciated.

Here is the drawing I will be referring to.

[IMG]http://i53.************/2wnxwcj.jpg[/IMG]

1 - The number of underground levels.
They may have revised the plan to 4 from 5 of course, but that is not written in stone yet IMO. The idea that the ground level may seem to be underground when the landscaping is completed giving us the 5 lower levels, is valid, but I don't think so for this project. The ground level is the same height as the streets around the site. There isn't room for a slope, plus the drawing shows the grade is flat across the site.
The drawing shows levels B4 and B5 are much shorter than B3, B2, and B1. Yet in the holes, level B4 seems to be as tall as the other 3. Perhaps by digging only a meter (or so) more they could still make 2 levels out of the bottom one ?
The drawing seems to show a 6th (unused) lower level under the main structure - I think this signifies the thick concrete foundation slab.

2 - Bedrock / piling.
The drawing shows bedrock depth varies substantially across the site. Under the main structure it looks to be a little more than twice as deep as the current hole. The vertical lines just above the rock signify piling IMO. I do have many shots of full size piling rigs on site last year - just none showing piling for the holes. There has to be piling under the main structures to carry the load to the bedrock. Whether it was done last year or is yet to be done remains to be seen. It would make more sense to have done all the piling at once.
If the piles are already done they should have to dig further to expose the pile caps, break them to expose the rebar, and tie in said rebar to the rebar for the thick slab that will tie everything together.
What we see happening in the latest pics doesn't look to me to be getting ready for piling rigs to work at the bottom of the hole so if they're not already done I'm not sure what the plan is.

It will be interesting to 'watch' for sure (with help from people like Yann). The foundation strategy for both the ST and this project are definately different than the norm. Now that the ST is further along the method there makes sense.
I'm sure this one will too, in time.

Ray.
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #1451
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6859

Thanks for the update, YannSZ. It's great to know that this project is [hopefully] moving ahead. I will be in SZ next month and hope to see some more action in the construction site.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #1452
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Thanks for the update YannSZ! Glad to see the stoppage was temporary.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:36 AM   #1453
Miami High Rise

Wait a minute. I was confusing the two. It's the Shanghai Tower that's supossed to have 5 basement floors. Was this supossed to have 5 as well? I believe the Shanghai Tower also looks to have only 4 basement levels instead of 5, just like this one, I guess.

Jeez, the two really have identical foundations, perhaps both were supossed to have 5 and got changed to four.
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:44 AM   #1454
Miami High Rise

Nevermind, it looks like the Shanghai Tower has 5 basements, and they're not near identical. Look at how much taller the 1st basement floor is than the bottom.

Well, maybe it really only has 4 below grade floors, though, because I don't think the very bottom of the pit will be a "floor."
Old March 21st, 2011, 04:05 AM   #1455
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi Miami.

The drawings for both projects show 5 lower levels.
The top of the slab in the ST is the floor of level B5 and I have many shots showing they did all 5 levels.
As I posted above, the number of lower levels for this project remains to be seen but there is only 4 right now.

Ray.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM   #1456
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Today both main cranes were working on the main construction site + the crane truck. Lots of square shape rebars are piling up everywhere.
I saw also the crane truck dropping inside the hole what looked like scaffolding.
Then more barracks on the hotel construction site.
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille
Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM   #1457
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3185

Quote:
Today both main cranes were working on the main construction site + the crane truck. Lots of square shape rebars are piling up everywhere.
I saw also the crane truck dropping inside the hole what looked like scaffolding.
Good to hear YannSZ!!! Glad you are so close to the site.
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:50 PM   #1458
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15913

Quote:
Another owned for rumor-mongers!

SZ is going crazy actually. With SITC and Feng Long/Kaisa showing activity, Hon Kwok's foundation works progressing quickly and so many new proposals in the last months! COFCO (328m), China Resources (460m), and many 200m+.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM   #1459
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

does this mean construction has restarted?
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 03:06 PM   #1460
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3047

it never really stopped!!
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall