daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 6th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #1601
Konta

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig yang View Post
I think ping an can finish before 2013 .12 . I hope
What did you mean by "finish"? Construction work of PAIFC doesn't boost like a beast as we expect.

( ◕ ‿‿ ◕ )
Konta no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #1602
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig yang View Post
I think ping an can finish before 2013 .12 . I hope
Not going to happen. Even the fastest growing supertalls in China go at a loor per week. It is going to be atleast one more year until this thing is above ground, then if built at full speed it will be topped out by 2014, and I doubt they will go that fast on this one. Even after that it will take another year or more to finish the interior works. I'd say 2016 or 2017 for this one.
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #1603
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
Not going to happen. Even the fastest growing supertalls in China go at a loor per week. It is going to be atleast one more year until this thing is above ground, then if built at full speed it will be topped out by 2014, and I doubt they will go that fast on this one. Even after that it will take another year or more to finish the interior works. I'd say 2016 or 2017 for this one.
For sure never before 2013. But never beyond 2015 either. It will be at ground level in less than a year for sure. Have you seen the construction of KingKey Plaza? Now they don't need anymore to top out before starting cladding and decorating. The mall from KingKey Plaza was opened before topping out.
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #1604
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
For sure never before 2013. But never beyond 2015 either. It will be at ground level in less than a year for sure. Have you seen the construction of KingKey Plaza? Now they don't need anymore to top out before starting cladding and decorating. The mall from KingKey Plaza was opened before topping out.
Yes, but it takes a great deal of time to do interior works. ICC and Burj are still uncompleted project in terms of interior work, and they were "finished" over a year ago.
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #1605
da_wei

Likes (Received): 3

pictures taken by IBD TODAY.

da_wei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1606
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

It's nice to finally see something new. What the hell is it, though?
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #1607
da_wei

MORE

Old May 8th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #1608
da_wei

Old May 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #1609
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 396

Some sort of new "super piling" technique?
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #1610
djm160190

Likes (Received): 763

WHAT are those round things~?!
djm160190 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #1611
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6859

Looks serious enough so that I can sleep well at night.
But could anyone competent enough explain us here what exactly is happening at the site now?
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #1612
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3183

strange
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #1613
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

looks rather like a rocket silo than a construction
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #1614
Scion

Likes (Received): 4226

Mud circles conspiracy!
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #1615
Miami High Rise

Likes (Received): 2546

It looks to me like they're just starting to dig the next level down, since after all, it was intended to have 5 basement floors, remember? That makes a little more sense than a rocket conspiracy.
Miami High Rise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #1616
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Apparently what they are digging now down is these small concrete circles. Just wonder why, and wonder if actuall foundation is in place.

On this picture we can see that loads of small beams were drilled in to shape each of these circles. I think that was the job of the small rigs lasting on site last few months. Now, I believe ,they will dig soil out of the circles. These beams are probably like slarry walls to enable digging. I'm not sure whats next but here is my little idea: Maybe after digging the soil out, they will fill the holes with concrete and so they will get not so much deep but surely huge foundations. Who knows, maybe muddy soil requires different approach here.

Of course ones again its just my wild guess. Maybe foundations are allready in place, in center of these circles, but then these small drilling rigs didn't look like the right tools for the job. Just enaugh for small slarry walls but not for huge foundations. Another option is that piles will be drilled later with proper drilling rigs, but then whats the purpose of those circles?

Time will tell as allways. Whats important now is to take as many pics of the process as possible. After all I thing I won't be wrong if I say that we all follow these threads just for such moments as this

Last edited by patrykus; May 9th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #1617
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

Can someone give me the location of this beast in relation to Kingkey and Shun Hing?
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #1618
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_man12345 View Post
Can someone give me the location of this beast in relation to Kingkey and Shun Hing?
about 5-6km, on skyscraperpage you can see it quite well on the shenzhen map
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #1619
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Apparently what they are digging now down is these small concrete circles. Just wonder why, and wonder if actuall foundation is in place.

On this picture we can see that loads of small beams were drilled in to shape each of these circles. I think that was the job of the small rigs lasting on site last few months. Now, I believe ,they will dig soil out of the circles. These beams are probably like slarry walls to enable digging. I'm not sure whats next but here is my little idea: Maybe after digging the soil out, they will fill the holes with concrete and so they will get not so much deep but surely huge foundations. Who knows, maybe muddy soil requires different approach here.
Hi Pat.
I think your observations are correct.

Perhaps in the end, these will look like the footings for the supercolumns of which they have at least one completed (as seen in the last round of pics) and are working on another in these pics. Maybe they don't need to pour a thick pad that covers the entire bottom to tie the piles together - just small thick pads for each individual pile ? (If there even are piles ...)

Quote:
Of course ones again its just my wild guess. Maybe foundations are allready in place, in center of these circles, but then these small drilling rigs haven't looked like the right tools for the job. Just enaugh for small slarry walls but not for huge foundations. Another option is that piles will be drilled later with proper drilling rigs, but then whats the purpose of those circles?
The I-beams the small rigs put in forming the circles can be clearly seen. Agreed they are for stability so they can excavate insde them. They are also tieing rebar to them so they may pour concrete rings as they dig.

It sure does look like there is something in the middle of these circles. One would think they would just dig it out evenly if there wasn't. If there have been piles in place all along (which would make sense as I posted prev.) they would have been done months ago when all the podium piling was done with the full size rigs. They would have filled these ones with concrete only up to the level they would excavate down to later - this is how it's done on most projects.

Quote:
Time will tell as allways. Whats important now is to take as many pics of the process as possible. After all I thing I won't be wrong if I say that we all follow these threads just for such moments as this
Again, you sure have that right.
So cool to 'watch' different projects move forward. The varied techniques and processes are very interesting.
This one in particular.

Ray.

Last edited by Fury; May 9th, 2011 at 02:17 AM.
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #1620
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

I think it's nice to see a unique new method for the foundations, much more exciting than more of the same.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
futian district, pafc, ping an finance center, shenzhen, supertall