daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #1
SugarFreak
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

BACOLOD | Horizon Tower [8F|res]

The Horizon Twin Towers

Project name: Horizon Twin Towers
Address: Reclamation Area, Bacolod
Type: Condominium
Storey: 9F
Sizes: 43sqm-57sqm
Building: 2Bldg
Units: 56Units
Target Dates: 2006-2007
Owner: Bacolod Real Estate Development Corp. (BREDCO)
Architect: Mr. Victor Costales
Cost:
Building footprint: 500 sqm

Last edited by SugarFreak; September 10th, 2007 at 09:46 AM.
SugarFreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 8th, 2007, 08:10 AM   #2
SugarFreak
BANNED

February 22, 2006
Palanca to build condo at Reclamation property

A plan to build a twin high-tower condominium in front of the Bacolod Pavilion at the Reclamation area was announced recently by chairman Simplico Palanca of the Bacolod Real Estate Development Corp.

Palanca said the project is expected to be completed by year's end. He said the original idea was for two slim high-tower buildings rising side by side in front of the Supercat terminal at the BREDCO port, but the design had been modified to a single building with two portions interconnected to maximize the number of available units to 56.

That first-ever condominium to be built in Bacolod may actually be a prelude to the expected accelerated development of the Reclamation area into a city within a city, and into a commercial and industrial center.

What can emerge, Palanca said, is the condominium community with a largely entrepreneurial mindset and committed to a vision of a commercial and industrial BREDCO and Bacolod City.

Those expected to buy condo units, Palanca said, are believers in the future of the Reclamation area as an industrial-commercial estate.*RLE
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #3
SugarFreak
BANNED

July 19, 2007 pictures update

(Pictures courtesy by Smile77)
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:19 AM   #4
SugarFreak
BANNED

Saturday, March 18, 2006
First condo in city to boost local tourism

THE first condominium to be built at the reclamation area will provide jobs and employment for the people of Bacolod.

Bacolod business mogul Simplicio Palanca said the construction of the Horizon Tower would boost the tourism landscape in the city.
Palanca, president of the Bacolod Real Estate Development Corp. (Bredco), said the Horizon Tower will house 56 condominium units of sizes varying from 43 sq.m. to 57 sq.m.

Architect Victor Costales said once this imposing tower is completed, it would be the tallest structure in the city with its eight floors plus a landscaped roof deck.

Costales said an extensive use of glass for the building would ensure an unobstructed view of both the sea and the mountains towards the east.

From the proposed design and building plans, the ground floor would be dedicated for commercial use, to provide all the services and conveniences for the unit owners.

While the building footprint is only 500 sq.m., the design allows for a geometrically planned park on the rear of the building, which includes a prominent sculpture and groves of ornamental trees with picturesque rock gardens and waterfalls.

The lobby would be clad entirely in glass to illustrate wide spaces and use Zen-inspired interior design motifs.

Palanca said the condo construction will cost millions of pesos and will be funded by the Bredco management.

The condominium is due to be completed within this year.

SM-Bacolod is also expected to be completed before the city's yearly Masskara Festival in October.

The Reclamation area, said Palanca, is really a conducive place for high-rise condo because it offers an added bonus like the beautiful sceneries of the Guimaras Strait on the seaside portion and Mounts Silay and Kanlaon on the eastern side.

He added that condo residents would also have an easy access to shopping at the SM-Bacolod, which would be located beside the proposed condominium structures.
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #5
SugarFreak
BANNED

August 25, 2007 pictures update

(Pictures courtesy by Neomind)
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #6
lightsaber46

What's the name of the white painted bldg??
lightsaber46 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #7
animasola
demoGRAPHICS

Likes (Received): 24

Nice Bacolod!

Go Visayas!
animasola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #8
SugarFreak
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsaber46 View Post
What's the name of the white painted bldg??
an expansion of bacolod pavillion resort and hotel as a convention center
Old September 26th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #9
jaywalker

Likes (Received): 351

Good work Sugar! i've never noticed this thread before.This condo has a very good and well appointed location.Offering a breath taking views of Guimaras straight,a sea view and Bacolods Downtown.Walking distance to SM City,Bredco port and Bacolods main thoroughfares.
jaywalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM   #10
SugarFreak
BANNED

^yes which has a spectacular view of scenic Bacolod bay,,, is located in the harbor of Guimaras Strait... This will give the visitors the added attraction of fresh air and breath taking view of this busy waterway...i was heard before from one of our bacolod forumer that there is another a twin tower building will be rise in bacolod in a future (it will be a long years to come maybe)...another is the SM group has a plan to put up their condo a lot adjacent to their SM mall southwing and the target of the construction is on the last quarter of 2008 or early 2009...if these has been successfully done we may call it a little manila bay

Last edited by SugarFreak; October 3rd, 2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old October 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #11
abskess
Mega Davao Area, Phils.

Likes (Received): 5

WOW! nice one!

abskess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #12
iloilocitykid
Go Bords

May I ask if why did they choose to build it in a reclaimed area? THere was one hotel in Cebu that's tall too but they had to abandon it after they found cracks in the basement because it was in reclaimed soil.

Is this dangerous? They said SM Bacolod was only 2 storeys because it can't go any higher due to the land. Just asking.
I always wonder why people in SSC fight over who has "better possessions" when the real battle is always poverty and social justice. It's sad to see a nation as great as the Philippines being divided into selfish regions for titles that would probably be forgotten in a week's time.

I believe people always fail to ask: what is real development?

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and by the grace of God I will do it. - Professor Winnie Monsod
iloilocitykid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 06:52 PM   #13
animasola
demoGRAPHICS

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloilocitykid View Post
May I ask if why did they choose to build it in a reclaimed area? THere was one hotel in Cebu that's tall too but they had to abandon it after they found cracks in the basement because it was in reclaimed soil.
The one you are referring to is the Sheraton hotel and that claim is false. It is going to be reopened soon.
animasola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #14
iloilocitykid
Go Bords

Okies. Thank you
I always wonder why people in SSC fight over who has "better possessions" when the real battle is always poverty and social justice. It's sad to see a nation as great as the Philippines being divided into selfish regions for titles that would probably be forgotten in a week's time.

I believe people always fail to ask: what is real development?

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and by the grace of God I will do it. - Professor Winnie Monsod
iloilocitykid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 02:14 AM   #15
PINOYmeat
Dislikes Received : 10986

Likes (Received): 238

and will be managed by an international hotel chain. FYI

CEBU by your stellar achievements. they are painfully reminded of their own mediocrity and puny existence
PINOYmeat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 07:10 AM   #16
Nightwish
BANNED

whoah! cool.. twin tower condo in Bacolod.. im sure marami na rin nag iisip na bubukas ng condo sa bacolod.. i wish they will reopen the uniwide harbour mall
Nightwish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 07:11 AM   #17
Nightwish
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFreak View Post
The Horizon Twin Towers
This is way too cool.. nice design! ASENSO BACOLOD
Nightwish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #18
jaywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloilocitykid View Post

Is this dangerous? They said SM Bacolod was only 2 storeys because it can't go any higher due to the land. Just asking.
Bacolod Reclamation Area has been sitting thier for ages and pretty much the soil has already compacted.Just look at those huge foundations and probably they have conducted a study before they conclude the plan.They have even built another four storey building beside to it as part of Bacolod Pavillion expansion.
And by the way,they have already reached the 5th floor construction.
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #19
SugarFreak
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker View Post
Bacolod Reclamation Area has been sitting thier for ages and pretty much the soil has already compacted.Just look at those huge foundations and probably they have conducted a study before they conclude the plan.They have even built another four storey building beside to it as part of Bacolod Pavillion expansion.
And by the way,they have already reached the 5th floor construction.
i think Jay that is a 5-storey of Pavillion expansion...and not only this the last project by Sammy Palanca but after the completion of this 2 huge projects another one is his idea of putting up a lying-in maternity clinic and a modern diagnostic center... for sammy,,, the reclamation area is the cornerstone of catapulting Bacolod into a modern urban industrial and commercial complex and the bulk of his goal had already been accomplished... what do you think Bacolod would have been now sans the reclamation of BREDCO???this is also a part of the MASSKARA CITY MASTER PLANNING

Last edited by SugarFreak; October 16th, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #20
jaywalker

Thanks for the correction Sugar on the 5 storey hotel and convention center of Bacolod Pavillion.
Horizon Twin Tower will open the market for the Condominium Residential.Let wait furthermore when the old aiport closed as i heard long time ago,many builders are discourage to build highers buildings because of the height limitations imposed by ATO and it's for city safety as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: