daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #21
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Shah Alam pics ( by alsen )



Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #22
Matthias Offodile
Registered User
 
Matthias Offodile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,577
Likes (Received): 15962

Skyprince, an amazing and well-developped city. Everything is so clean!

Malaysia is a true tropical beauty. Whatever I see in Malaysia is wonderful! But I am a huge fan of Malaysia, anyway

Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures with the skyscraper community!
Matthias Offodile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #23
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
 
baqthier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Land of The Petronas Towers
Posts: 6,746
Likes (Received): 10

Finally! Very nice presentation!
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:52 AM   #24
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam
by Hisyam







Bukit Jelutong sub town centre

[/QUOTE]
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #25
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Thanks very much , Matt and Baqthier . Well, my hometown Shah Alam has a lot to do more ( it still lacks shopping malls, hospital, bus terminal, and even a decent cinema ) It's a perfect place to build your house but not the right place to chill out with friends.

Thanks again
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #26
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Shah Alam skylines/ housing estates




















I always go to this Mac donald






Middle-class housing





Shah Alam City Centre (SACC) Mall









Shah Alam Mosque



Some where in Shah Alam




Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam
by Hisyam







Bukit Jelutong sub town centre

[/QUOTE]
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #27
staff
囧!
 
staff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Posts: 10,829
Likes (Received): 717

Very nice photos, Skyprince.
Malaysia, both rural and urban, looks like a very livable place.
__________________
staff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #28
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
Very nice photos, Skyprince.
Malaysia, both rural and urban, looks like a very livable place.
謝謝 !! There are some Westerners who build their houses in some of the most interior parts of the country, cuz they like it .

Are u from China or Sweden ?
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:11 AM   #29
Matthias Offodile
Registered User
 
Matthias Offodile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,577
Likes (Received): 15962

Skyprince, how many inhabitants are living in your hometown? The speed of development always amazes me most about South East Asian countries like Malaysia and above all the discipline and cleaniness! It is just like Singapore.
Matthias Offodile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:38 AM   #30
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Offodile View Post
Skyprince, how many inhabitants are living in your hometown? The speed of development always amazes me most about South East Asian countries like Malaysia and above all the discipline and cleaniness! It is just like Singapore.
Hi Matt, there are only 350,000 people in the town. Thanks for your praise, but , currently Malaysia's GDP isn't rising as much as it was in the 1990's.... this year it' only expected to grow 5.7 percent.. it's nothing compared to the current progress of many African states. In terms of cleanliness, I think Japan is home to the world's cleanest cities, I was quite impressed with the level of hygiene there
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:42 AM   #31
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.
 
Bond James Bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
Posts: 9,440

Looks very nice. I like the houses.
Bond James Bond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #32
oliver999
starwar
 
oliver999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,148
Likes (Received): 1142

nice looking pics.谢谢。
__________________
项羽问:怎么样?
骑兵们敬佩地回答:和大王说的一样!
oliver999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #33
Matthias Offodile
Registered User
 
Matthias Offodile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,577
Likes (Received): 15962

Quote:
Hi Matt, there are only 350,000 people in the town. Thanks for your praise, but , currently Malaysia's GDP isn't rising as much as it was in the 1990's.... this year it' only expected to grow 5.7 percent.. it's nothing compared to the current progress of many African states. In terms of cleanliness, I think Japan is home to the world's cleanest cities, I was quite impressed with the level of hygiene there

Skyprince, thanks for the info! 350 000 is not too big and not too small!

Yes, as far as economy is concerned: Malaysia is growing sustainably now, it is a well-diversified economy and has (realtively) high GDP figures! It has a world-class infrastructure (no matter what I have seen of Malaysia, it is spotless), so growth rates can easily come back to the 90īs.

Believe me, numerous European cities look "dirty" and "washed-out" in comparison to what I have seen about Malaysia.
(Japan is a very high scale of measurement) but one thing would interest me because you know both countries: which cities are cleaner Singapore or Japanese cities?
Matthias Offodile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #34
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Offodile View Post
Skyprince, thanks for the info! 350 000 is not too big and not too small!

Yes, as far as economy is concerned: Malaysia is growing sustainably now, it is a well-diversified economy and has (realtively) high GDP figures! It has a world-class infrastructure (no matter what I have seen of Malaysia, it is spotless), so growth rates can easily come back to the 90īs.

Believe me, numerous European cities look "dirty" and "washed-out" in comparison to what I have seen about Malaysia.
(Japan is a very high scale of measurement) but one thing would interest me because you know both countries: which cities are cleaner Singapore or Japanese cities?
Hi Matt, thanks again !! Well M'sia per-capita GDP isn't that high actually, this year it's only around $ 12,700 -- still a far cry from average OECD level. Botswana, EG, Seychelles and South Africa all have higher figures

In my opinion, Tokyo and Osaka win hands down against Singapore and KL in terms of cleanliness -- it's obvious once you walk thru the streets -- and Japan has strong recycling attitude and their garbage disposal is more organized. Of course Singapore and Malaysia are clean too but I hope both can reach the level of Japan anytime soon !

Well, cleanliness or economic indicators aren't really a big matter for me , nothing beats the exciting multi-racial socities and lifestyles of Arab Gulf and Sub-saharan African countries !
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #35
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Shah Alam is only 25 km west of K.Lumpur




An apartment near Shah Alam



Shah Alam city at night




Shah Alam stadium
Can accommodate 81,000 spectators







Quality hotel Shah Alam













Faculty of Engineering , UiTM Shah Alam











Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #36
Vixtro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 475
Likes (Received): 0

wow, what a nice looking town, I didn't know Malaysia was like this! Considering Malaysia is still technically a developing country this town looks as if it's from some highly devloped country. Id love to see what Malaysia is like in the near future, Ithink it will be a very successful country.
__________________
أنا بحب إسرائيل
Vixtro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 10:44 AM   #37
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Thanks Vixtro, well.. some ppl really have untrue picture about Malaysia..Yes I hope it will reach full-fledged status soon Per-capita GDP was $12,800 in 2006. Still much to be done in order to join OECD. Well, I know that you're half Asian..
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #38
Manila-X
PINOY MOD
 
Manila-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA
Posts: 14,449
Likes (Received): 2615

Some of my mum's relatives live in Shah Alam in fact I sometimes stay there when I'm in KL. Anyway, I would like to see more of the stadium. Its one of the most impressive in South East Asia besides the Senayan complex in Jakarta.
__________________
Manila X-Perience, My collection of images around Metro Manila

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #39
Vixtro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 475
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
Thanks Vixtro, well.. some ppl really have untrue picture about Malaysia..Yes I hope it will reach full-fledged status soon Per-capita GDP was $12,800 in 2006. Still much to be done in order to join OECD. Well, I know that you're half Asian..
Well I knew Kuala lumpur is very developed. don't get me wrong, I know Malaysia isn't poor and it's a highly industrialised country but I did not think there were places as developed or more so outside of KL, I mean this town looks more developed then a lot of ones we have in Australia. Yes I'm half asian (filipino)
__________________
أنا بحب إسرائيل
Vixtro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #40
Skyprince
Asian boi
 
Skyprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANCH View Post
Some of my mum's relatives live in Shah Alam in fact I sometimes stay there when I'm in KL. Anyway, I would like to see more of the stadium. Its one of the most impressive in South East Asia besides the Senayan complex in Jakarta.
It's really nice to hear that Which part of Shah Alam did you stay ? I live in Section 9 haha.. Well Shah Alam stadium is the 2nd largest in Malaysia after Bukit Jalil in KL.
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium