daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu > Coimbatore

Old March 26th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #14021
CBE-SINGAKUTTY
Coimbatore loves me

Likes (Received): 181

SOLAR SIGNALS TO CITY

SOLAR SIGNALS TO CITY
CBE-SINGAKUTTY no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #14022
nd.karthic

Likes (Received): 2

Friends anything for Coimbatore in SG Budget?
nd.karthic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #14023
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 372

Rs. 15 Crores worth Cancer treatment facility in Covai medical college for western TN. Enhancing poultry in Namakkal. Some e-challan facility.

I guess we could expect more in the coming days because budget allocation was in blocks like for Highways department Rs. ____ Crores like that. Specific discussions on specific topics will happen in the coming days.
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #14024
Brand coimbatore

Likes (Received): 47

It looks fund allocation for city development is as follows- Chennai -500 cr

Madurai- 250 cr and CBE----- 0 ( no mention abt anything like that ) so cbe will not see any considerable change in infra. Though the only hope is to see whether SG allots any funds to the Western By-pass road?
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #14025
nd.karthic

As usual State Govt neglect Coimbatore. Only thing for Coimbatore is Cancer Institute nothing else. Dont know what our MLS's done.
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #14026
Naveenmech

Likes (Received): 59

Heavy rush for registration of vehicles

V. S. Palaniappan
Impending duty hike, closing of fiscal and auspicious day push up registration

With the Union Budget sparing only small cars and increasing duty on mid-segment and sedan cars, the pace of registration of new vehicles seems to be accelerating because of factors such as the duty hike coming into effect after a week, closing of the fiscal year and auspicious day for registration.

On the new moon day (i.e., Ammavasai day) on Thursday, there was hectic activity at the Regional Transport Offices (RTOs) in the city with more people wanting to register their vehicles. The staff at the Regional Transport Offices had to bear a heavy workload on that day.

Transport Department officials said ever since the Union Budget was presented, people were expediting their plans to own a vehicle.

Normally, when the calendar year closes, there is reluctance to register a vehicle, as they want their vehicles to be registered after a month or so.

This helps them to ensure a better re-sale value when they want to sell the vehicles.

But, the hike in duty for mid-segment and sedan cars resulted in buyers and prospective buyers gearing up to complete the registration before the beginning of the next fiscal year.

The three RTO offices, namely Coimbatore South, Central and North, together registered more than 180 cars and more than 440 two-wheelers resulting in the total number of new vehicle registrations crossing 600.

The three RTOs used to register 350 to 450 vehicles a day on an average and the maximum would be 400. But, in the last few days, the number of registration is crossing 400.

Very rarely, new vehicle registrations used to cross the 600 or 700 mark, officials said. This resulted in heavy work load at RTOs and rush in temples because of vehicles lining up for poojas

Long queue
There were long queue of vehicles at temples, especially in front of Eachanari Vinayakar temple, on Thursday.

Coimbatore City has more than 4.7 lakh vehicles, including transport and non-transport vehicles, registered with Coimbatore South, North and Central Regional Transport offices, in addition to the vehicles registered in Tirupur, Mettuppalayam, Pollachi and other motor vehicle unit offices in and around the district plying on the city roads.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle3219099.ece
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #14027
kovish

Chennai may be thinking 2023, but industry in Coimbatore is more worried about 2012.

Quote:
M Krishnan, president of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, who appreciated the initiative, said Coimbatore's needs must be given more priority

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...cit-power-grid

When many of us have the same concern pondering us, someone at high level is raising the issue in the media. Hope it has some effect!

The loyal Coimbatore is deprived of all that it deserves. Does anyone have any clue as what the road block is?

kovish

Last edited by kovish; March 26th, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
kovish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #14028
kongutamizhan

Likes (Received): 1529

Perfectly put.

I wonder why some folks call TOI as TOIlet paper. All news media today are crap and has an agenda and so does TOI. But analysis like this you can't see in Hindu. TOI IMO provides little better local coverage (though hindu is getting slowly better now)
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #14029
CBE-SINGAKUTTY
Coimbatore loves me

trees planted in city by siruthuli

Old March 26th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #14030
deepu051993
Fan of TN-45

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongutamizhan View Post
Perfectly put.

I wonder why some folks call TOI as TOIlet paper. All news media today are crap and has an agenda and so does TOI. But analysis like this you can't see in Hindu. TOI IMO provides little better local coverage (though hindu is getting slowly better now)
Yes i too have the same thoughts. If one is a constant reader of The Hindu(like me), and you read TOI surely one could feel a lots of difference. I think people call it so based on the matter/news it publish, like the one now under discussion(SL), but i like the way of their presentation and language very much.

To Astronish its Beauty hailed in Localites Portal to worlds Forum enter through the International Airport

Have time? just peek in to my Picasa, Facebook

Schedules (Nov. 4)
Trichy : Air == Rail == Bus Routes
Airports : CBE, MDU, TUTI
deepu051993 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #14031
CBE-SINGAKUTTY
Coimbatore loves me

Adroit Urban Developers enters Coimbatore

Adroit Urban Developers enters Coimbatore

Coimbatore, March 25:

Chennai-based Adroit Urban Developers Pvt Ltd (AUD) wants to bring the experience of luxurious living to the price conscious markets also, according to a senior executive of the company.

The company will have about 10 lakh sq ft of built up space in the next two-three years, of which about 10 per cent would be in Coimbatore.

Speaking to newsmen here about the investment plans of the company in Coimbatore, Mr Gaurav Goenka, Managing Director, AUD, said the company has just launched a high- end residential project in upmarket R.S.Puram area in the city in the price range of Rs 1 crore- 1.75 crore.

Another project in Siddhapudur area near Gandhipuram at a lower price point would be launched by May this year.

He said the 19-flat R.S.Puram project would be ready for delivery by Sept 2013 and the size of the flats ranged from 1,400 sq ft to 2,400 sq ft.

He felt that for the specifications offered by his company, the price quoted for the ongoing project was ‘good value for money'.

He said the Siddhapudur project, which would have 43 flats, would come at a different price point that was yet to be decided but these would be smaller size apartments offering greater value.

He said the Coimbatore projects at present would give the company a top line of about Rs 50 crore.

By the end of 2013 or early 2014, he would look at investing a further Rs 25-30 crore in the city.

Overall, by 2014, he expected AUD to have delivered about 800 flats, much of it in Chennai city.

In terms of built up area, about 9 lakh sq ft would come up in Chennai and one lakh sq.ft in Coimbatore.

The AUD MD said the company was open to the concept of large scale develop- ment (of gated communities having flats/row houses etc) and if an opportunity was available in Coimbatore, it would consider it.
(This article was published in the Business Line print edition dated March 26, 2012)

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle3223951.ece

http://adroiturban.com/projects/in-p...tual-tour.html
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM   #14032
vinodh.sv

Likes (Received): 0

As usual CBE was dumped in the budget. "We want a separate country". Enough is enough. Infrastructural need for Madurai is much needed and I appreciate it.

But with the kind of development and population in CBE, Govt should have given some importance at least. We earn them a lot. We develop by ourselves. We will be cheated again. "I wish we become separate nation - Coimbatore"
vinodh.sv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #14033
murlee
ВANNED

Likes (Received): 3383

murlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #14034
Brand coimbatore

I wish a channel like puthiya thalaimurai runs a special show on Coimbatore's needs ... It is hurting to see that cbe being neglected by consecutive govts. Admk has given it to chennai, madurai (250 cr) , trichy( iiit , national law school .. Now it'll have all the central govt institutes to name with iim n nit ) only cbe is the lame goat here...admk has to give something to cbe for being its fort always. But jaya is not even nodding her govt for the metro proposed by central govt..
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #14035
vinodh.sv

Likes (Received): 0

There is a space to send our opinion here

http://puthiyathalaimurai.tv/news/suggestion-form

Im gonna flood with my opinions on CBE and Budget. Friends please try to contact other influential sources to rise our voice and let know the people on our demands.

I saw Dinamalar news (City page) stating that CM has a notion that all benefits were given to CBE during DMK period, so there wont be any necessity for CBE.

Is that what we get. Nothing materialized. Everything had been plans.

Two main concerns are 1) Rejuvenating Textile and allied industries 2)Infrastructure.
vinodh.sv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #14036
kongutamizhan

Likes (Received): 1529

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh.sv View Post

Done!!

We need to flood their box though to get attention and make a documentary on needs
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #14037
Brand coimbatore

I did this yesterday itself..
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #14038
Sampathkumar

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongutamizhan View Post
Done!!

We need to flood their box though to get attention and make a documentary on needs
I have done mine too.. Let us see the response soon..
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #14039
nd.karthic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh.sv View Post

Done from my side. Lets all hope something Will be shown in Puthiyathalaimurai.
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:54 AM   #14040
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 372

Forensic labs to be set up in Kovai and Salem to fight cyber crime

COIMBATORE: There is a trouble ahead for social misfits who use the internet and mobile phone to manipulate or cheat people, as the state police plans to set up advanced forensic laboratories in Coimbatore and Salem. Initial funds allocated for each lab is Rs 16.51 lakh.

Coimbatore is the only city in Western Tamil Nadu to have an exclusive branch of police to deal with cyber crimes. The rising incidence of such crimes has forced the government to form a special cyber crime cell with Salem city police which would be functional along with the advanced forensic lab. These labs will help cyber police verify objectionable materials found in seized computers or mobile phones instantly.

As of now, the cyber crime cell in Coimbatore dispatches such seized objects to Chennai labs to decode offensive materials. According to assistant IG (Admin in-charge) P K Senthil Kumari, similar labs will be set up in Tirunelveli, Trichy and Madurai as well by March 31.

"The labs will have advanced software and equipment which can easily detect cyber crimes. Digital evidences will be effectively recorded and decoded by such labs," said assistant commissioner of police (central crime branch) R Mohan.

According to him, each cyber crime lab will get advanced mobile forensic tool kits. The police can analyze mobile phone data with the help of these tools. A high end forensic work station with disc forensic software will be purchased for each centre. CDR analyzer will be purchased for data and graphical analysis. Fiber investigation tool kit will be purchased for email analysis along with network sessions analyzer.

"Cyber labs will safeguard digital evidence. It will be very useful in strengthening cases against trouble makers. The lab is essential to read the digital documents. We can identify the origin of offensive emails and collect mobile data immediately," said retired additional superintendent of police S Balu.

When contacted, a Cyber Society of India (CySI) representative said they welcomed the establishment of new cyber crime labs in the state. "Cyber crime cases will be cracked easily with the help of the lab," said S N Ravichandran, a member of CySI, Coimbatore chapter.

Despite awareness campaigns by police, cyber crimes are on the rise. Coimbatore cyber crime cell police have registered 151 cases of obscene mails, threat calls and hacking in 2011, while there were only 63 such cases the previous year. The number of obscene SMSs reported last year was 389, a substantial increase from the 243 registered in 2010.

The cyber crime cell police have received 325 petitions on cyber crime till March 25 this year. Police received 110 complaints regarding missing cell phone and 120 complaints pertaining to obscene phone calls. 85 Obscene mails and hacking related complaints were received by the police in 2012.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/12436503.cms
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
coimbatore