daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu > Coimbatore

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #14281
Kandeeban
Kandeeban

Likes (Received): 630

looks like he isnt

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/14238534.cms
Kandeeban no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 19th, 2012, 04:47 AM   #14282
thillai_selvan

Likes (Received): 502

thillai_selvan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #14283
sujithinfra
Five Star Passion......

Likes (Received): 7

stupid...people....she could spend this money in some power projects!!! where will the grinders run with no electricity!!!
sujithinfra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #14284
candy007
saravana

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandeeban View Post
The house under construction belongs to one of my friend!! don't know how these editors take reporters words without checking properly!!!
candy007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #14285
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 472

madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #14286
thillai_selvan

Old June 21st, 2012, 04:07 AM   #14287
Saravanan9006
way2cbe.com

Likes (Received): 48

Need photos for way2cbe

Hi friends, I am currently working on upgradation of way2cbe. Will be including a photo gallery in it. I need photos of Coimbatore, whatever may be the subject (either transportation, tourism, natural beauty of CBE or any). Mail them to midun.saran@gmail.com, thanks a lot for all supporters. Awaiting your response.
Saravanan9006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:21 AM   #14288
thillai_selvan

Australian industries beckon Indian employees

The recent boom experienced by industries like mining, oil and gas and shortage of human resources in Australia have urged the Australian industries to look towards India, the Philippines, Indonesia and West Asian countries for supply of work force, said Justin Scripps, Chief Executive Officer, and Philippe Clement, General Manager, Learning and Development at Australian Training Alliance (ATA), a training and recruitment organisation in Australia, here on Thursday.

The two members of ATA were in the city as part of their two-week trip to India to initiate the process of setting up centres in India, in association with Mentor Consultancy, to provide training and guidance to job seekers to get placements in Australia. They said that the Indians were preferred by most employers for their language skills, understanding of the industry and work ethics.

They cited the Minerals Council of Australia‘s statement that by the year 2020 an additional 58,000 members of the labour force would be needed to maintain current industry output. The Australian mining sector was met with the task of completing projects and expansions worth around 260 billion Australian dollars resulting in increasing demand for engineers, trades people, plant and machinery operators.

“Skilled persons like engineering pattern makers, toolmakers, welders, metal fitters, machinists, electricians and lift mechanics were much in demand in industries like mining, construction and manufacturing. But, a minimum of three to four years of industry experience was the pre-requisite put forth by the employers,” said Mr. Scripps.

As per the Government norms, the job seekers would also have to clear vocational education and training (VET) assessment test to work in Australia, he added.

According to Mr. Scripps, the centres to be set up at places including Kochi, Coimbatore, Pune, Hyderabad and Jamshedpur, would help and guide candidates in understanding the industry requirements, get skill training and land in jobs matching their profile. The training would be tailor-made for individuals based on their skills, educational qualification and work experience.

Vivek Ponnusamy, chief Executive Officer of Mentor Consultancy, said that the training and recruitment process would begin with entry-level screening and job matching which includes skills profiling, testing language, literacy and numeric skills, and verification of references.

The applicants would be guided through out the recruitment process and would be provide continued assistance.

While the Australian rules prevent recruiting agents from collecting money from the recruits, the job seekers would be charged for the training provided, Mr. Scripps added.

Engineering pattern makers, toolmakers, welders, electricians and lift mechanics in demand

Training centres to come up in Kochi, Coimbatore, Pune, Hyderabad and Jamshedpur

Source
Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #14289
rajkumar484
Be the change!!!

Cost of living in Coimbatore is getting more and more every year. I feel here its already costlier than Chennai. I agree Avg income of a particular segment is rising but the vast majority of the native population working in textile and Industries are feeling the heat of it. So bad to see
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:28 PM   #14290
kongutamizhan

Likes (Received): 2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkumar484 View Post
Cost of living in Coimbatore is getting more and more every year. I feel here its already costlier than Chennai.
How and why do u say that?
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #14291
Cbe2020

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Cost of living in Coimbatore is getting more and more every year.
Agreed. Probably true for every other city in India due to the inflation.

Quote:
I feel here its already costlier than Chennai.
Not really. IMHO, Cost of living in Chennai is higher than Coimbatore!!
Cbe2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #14292
Kandeeban
Kandeeban

Have u read anything somewhere to that effect or seen statistics? Or is it just perception.
Our comments will be read by many many ppl from all over. If we have not read something somewhere or dont have statistics, lets not say it here.....Many ppl still seem to think that volvos and Malls are synonymous with development....tho am not against those things, atleast SSCians should be able to dig deeper.... thanks...
Old June 25th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #14293
rajkumar484
Be the change!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongutamizhan View Post
How and why do u say that?

Square feet at 4000 rupees in mahindra city? OMR Chennai i believe costs the same.
Lunch and a juice costs you 100 rupees and you dont have many thallu vandi shops available here. In Chennai we can eat for 20 as well as 200 rupees. Here i think that bottom line is little higher..
Movie tickets costs the same but you dont have that multiplex like features and seats in our theatres.
Rent of a 2BHK is 10K which is same as in Chennai.

Native coimbatoreans may not observe this but most migrant collegues of mine feel this way.
Old June 25th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #14294
Kandeeban
Kandeeban

Yes this is what ppl feel.. even the ones who hav lived in blore feel that cbe is costly... esp the food and the real estate...
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #14295
candy007
saravana

Common yaar, I doubt mahindra city is in chennai and not in Coimbatore. Rent depends on the location in any city. Here also u can get it cheap and in chennai u can also get in on higher side.
Thallu vandi??? ..big joke.. every city have these shops.. u have to explore. your comparisons are illogical , just u want to defend what ever u have said!!!.

Quote:
Square feet at 4000 rupees in mahindra city? OMR Chennai i believe costs the same.
Lunch and a juice costs you 100 rupees and you dont have many thallu vandi shops available here. In Chennai we can eat for 20 as well as 200 rupees. Here i think that bottom line is little higher..
Movie tickets costs the same but you dont have that multiplex like features and seats in our theatres.

Native coimbatoreans may not observe this but most migrant collegues of mine feel this way.
candy007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #14296
rastakoli

Mettupalayam Road

Any idea when Mettupalayam Road is getting ready?

"Freedom is not given, it is taken" & "All limitations are self imposed."
rastakoli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #14297
faheem9333

Likes (Received): 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastakoli View Post
Any idea when Mettupalayam Road is getting ready?
Mettupalayam road is almost ready..bit i think two bridge works are going on,in those places alone the road is full of dust but 90% road work is completed, the road now looks neat and good but still no proper lane marking no median lamps too!! this shows that they have done the work only for namesake
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #14298
faheem9333

Likes (Received): 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by faheem9333 View Post
Mettupalayam road is almost ready..bit i think two bridge works are going on,in those places alone the road is full of dust but 90% road work is completed, the road now looks neat and good but still no proper lane marking no median lamps too!! this shows that they have done the work only for namesake

Here are few pics without lame markings without center lamps:

Old June 26th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #14299
nd.karthic

Likes (Received): 2

Do anybody know the actual plan for center median in Mettupalayam Road. Now it is filled with sand. Whether they will cover it with cement or lamp post will be installed or grills will be installed. Any idea or any source.

Where can we get the detailed project report for this?
nd.karthic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #14300
meckonroy

Quote:

Come on, I lived in Chennai for past 3 years, I lived both in North Chennai (ICF) and also south Chennai like Velacheri and Perngudi, I have paid rent like 10000 for 2 bedroom and 18000 for 3 bedroom flat, I have rented my own 3 bedroom house with car parking in Coimbatore, Krishna Colony for just 10000. Chennai is ofcourse expensive than cbe. And you can find similar thalluvandi in many parts of Ghandipuram. Regarding multiplexes, you have to check out the seats in Senthil Kumaran Theaters, they even sell the snacks at the same retail price of what you get outside, and even Brook fields has a multiplex and Fun republic gona have one, ofcourse I hate going to KG Big cinemas.

Last edited by meckonroy; June 26th, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
meckonroy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
coimbatore