daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 25th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #441
iDRAFT

Likes (Received): 1

NYCBoy- Yes, multiple times and I can see it everyday from the top of my street. I have been in it, on top of it(observation deck) and around it, and yes, it is still boring.
iDRAFT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #442
charmedone

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDRAFT View Post
NYCBoy- Yes, multiple times and I can see it everyday from the top of my street. I have been in it, on top of it(observation deck) and around it, and yes, it is still boring.
its not boring its a work of art i mean no city will ever ever ever have something that amazing ever

anyways heres some ugly buildings new york city has

heres one from Los Angeles
if they chaged the botton of this building it wouldent look so bad

and heres another from LA

heres some from chicago its hard to find alot of ugly buildings in this city evreything is eather decent of amazing

i know i put the sears tower on here before but i only put it up because it dose look bad from one angle as seen in this pic and i feel the tower itselt is verey overated i mean when the Petronas Twin Towers were compleated there was such a big deal over them being the worlds tallsted because the spire supassed the roof hight also when Taipei 101 was compleated and supassed its roof hight people still make a big deal about the two antennas it has

heres one from Montreal
its the black building btw

Last edited by charmedone; August 25th, 2008 at 09:29 AM.
charmedone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #443
NYCboy1212
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Get out of new york then, we dont need you
NYCboy1212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #444
iDRAFT

That's mature, telling someone to leave someplace because they disagree with you. Secondly, I don't even live in NYC, genius, I live in New Jersey, on a big hill so NYC is quite visible. Thirdly, who the hell are you to tell someone to leave a city just because they don't like a building; just because you want to suck the ESB's dick doesn't mean everyone else has to..what are you 13? Because your posts(and username for that matter) generally reflect that you are in that age group. Last but not least, before you tell me to leave your city, tell all your New Yorker friends to go home, we don't want them on our beaches littering, creating traffic and making the Jersey Shore one of the most annoying places in the world with their big mouths;the same applies to you.
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #445
charmedone

Quote:
That's mature, telling someone to leave someplace because they disagree with you. Secondly, I don't even live in NYC, genius, I live in New Jersey, on a big hill so NYC is quite visible. Thirdly, who the hell are you to tell someone to leave a city just because they don't like a building; just because you want to suck the ESB's dick doesn't mean everyone else has to..what are you 13? Because your posts(and username for that matter) generally reflect that you are in that age group. Last but not least, before you tell me to leave your city, tell all your New Yorker friends to go home, we don't want them on our beaches littering, creating traffic and making the Jersey Shore one of the most annoying places in the world with their big mouths;the same applies to you.
ok just stop it with this you dont have to like the building thats fine i toook alot of heat earlyer on the bords for putting up the chiago spire but dont insult someone from new york just because we go to your beaches in jersey and such also i can say alot of nasty thinghs about jersey people ok but i wont so just stop it with this ok

also to evreyone else i woudent give this guy a hard time just because he dosent like a building i mean im sure there are people out there who dont like the ESB
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:49 AM   #446
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Quote:
tell all your New Yorker friends to go home, we don't want them on our beaches littering, creating traffic and making the Jersey Shore one of the most annoying places in the world with their big mouths;the same applies to you.
Ohhhh wait... keep all the classless and trashy bridge and tunnel broads in New Jersey on the weekend and you got yourself a deal buddy! Its not like Jones beach, Fire Island, and the Hamptons are light years away.

Just kidding btw.

I can't stop going to Seaside and Atlantic City and noone will ever be able to keep those wilderbeasts.. i mean ladies from crossing the Holland Tunnel on saturdays.

The "get out of NY" statement, however, was immature for not liking a building.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #447
NYCboy1212
BANNED

Quote:

The ESB is one of the biggest icons In The city/tri-state area. And its a major American Icon. And when i say get out of NYC it still counts as apart of new jersey (not officially), just in the area. Dont get offensive when i say this, i understand you dont like the way it looks but its not ugly. It was built from 1929-1931. What type of design were you expecting. Thats pretty gay of you to be talking about sucking a dick. I dont even know anybody who goes to beaches in NJ, i dont even go to beaches in NJ. I really hate NJ anyway. And my name? why do you have a lower case i, are you an apple product. Yeah, a 13 yr old would put the famous Manhattan area code in his login in name
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:19 AM   #448
Alpha/S.

Kaden Tower, Louisville:

A Will Alsop design:
Alpha/S. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #449
iDRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboy1212 View Post

The ESB is one of the biggest icons In The city/tri-state area. And its a major American Icon. And when i say get out of NYC it still counts as apart of new jersey (not officially), just in the area. Dont get offensive when i say this, i understand you dont like the way it looks but its not ugly. It was built from 1929-1931. What type of design were you expecting. Thats pretty gay of you to be talking about sucking a dick. I dont even know anybody who goes to beaches in NJ, i dont even go to beaches in NJ. I really hate NJ anyway. And my name? why do you have a lower case i, are you an apple product. Yeah, a 13 yr old would put the famous Manhattan area code in his login in name
I'm entitled to my opinion and yes, I do believe it is an ugly building. Just because you don't think so doesn't mean it's not ugly anymore. Now, let me point out the flaws in some more of your ludicrous come-backs.

1.)Please show me anywhere in my posts where I denounced the ESB's position as a global icon of the United States...I'll let you get back to me on that one.
2.) New Jersey is a different state, no it is not part of NYC, although it might as well be as you guys flock here like a disease. Yea, let me leave the state that I was born in because, you know, it is in fact part of NYC and I was just told to leave it...probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard someone say.
3.)Dont get offensive?(should be offended) You're the one that cried because I said the building is ugly.
4.)"yea that's pretty gay of you to be talking about sucking a dick." Yea, I kind of expected that type of response from a 13 year old that doesn't know how to recognize homosexual behavior and homoerotic sayings.
5.)iDraft..yea that was kind of the point to bare resemblance to the Apple products; you're clever. Also, because you were questioning if I was an Apple product, you should put a "?" at the end of your sentence.
6.)Your username is NYCboy-not NYCman hence my assumption. Go to sleep, you have school in the morning. God knows you need it, your grammar and sentence construction are horrible.
7.) This is my last post where I am going to argue with you; I only responded so harshly so that you could see how irrational and immature you really are.

TO ALL THE OTHER NYC RESIDENTS: I made the beach remark in jest; it's just a commonstereotype among NJ residents. In fact, I'd much rather live in NYC than here if that's any consultation.

Last edited by iDRAFT; August 26th, 2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM   #450
charmedone

A Will Alsop design:
[/QUOTE]

hey thats that power plant in yonkers i doubt they will ever do that to it i kinda hope it gets torn down its sooooo ugly looking and a design like that wont make it look any better
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #451
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Quote:

TO ALL THE OTHER NYC RESIDENTS: I made the beach remark in jest; it's just a commonstereotype among NJ residents. In fact, I'd much rather live in NYC than here if that's any consultation.
I figured. Nyers and Njers are like kin imo. You take the good with the bad. NYCBOY you should really chill out you are being way too sensitive. Think of how many people adore the esb and feel better for that.

now everyone kiss and make up.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #452
NYCboy1212
BANNED

Quote:
I'm entitled to my opinion and yes, I do believe it is an ugly building. Just because you don't think so doesn't mean it's not ugly anymore. Now, let me point out the flaws in some more of your ludicrous come-backs.

1.)Please show me anywhere in my posts where I denounced the ESB's position as a global icon of the United States...I'll let you get back to me on that one.
2.) New Jersey is a different state, no it is not part of NYC, although it might as well be as you guys flock here like a disease. Yea, let me leave the state that I was born in because, you know, it is in fact part of NYC and I was just told to leave it...probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard someone say.
3.)Dont get offensive?(should be offended) You're the one that cried because I said the building is ugly.
4.)"yea that's pretty gay of you to be talking about sucking a dick." Yea, I kind of expected that type of response from a 13 year old that doesn't know how to recognize homosexual behavior and homoerotic sayings.
5.)iDraft..yea that was kind of the point to bare resemblance to the Apple products; you're clever. Also, because you were questioning if I was an Apple product, you should put a "?" at the end of your sentence.
6.)Your username is NYCboy-not NYCman hence my assumption. Go to sleep, you have school in the morning. God knows you need it, your grammar and sentence construction are horrible.
7.) This is my last post where I am going to argue with you; I only responded so harshly so that you could see how irrational and immature you really are.

(1) The way i speak on this website is not the same way i speak normally.
If you want to get all worked up over it be my guest.
(2) I never said you denounced anything.
(3) I didnt say NJ was apart of NYC, i meant it is apart of the NYC area. Still hate NJ
(4)I dont cry i wasnt even angry, people fall for the fact that reading something over internet shows an emotion but you dont know how if i was happy or offended.
(5)Who cares what you sayed about homosexuality.
(6)13 year old? I guess you would like arguing with children, on and on and on. I mean if you think im childish why continue arguing with me.
(7) Im not trying to talk formal. Dont question the way i type, just focus on you and ur friends or whoever.
(8)I chose boy because it sounds more catchy than man. Just keep saying nycman and say nycboy and you will see.

Im sorry i questioned your opinion but i was tired of arguing with a certain somebody who i cant name who was very ignorant and stubborn.
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #453
MDguy

Here's one i can't stand, i think it was very recently completed - Awesome photo though

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=156482

Last edited by MDguy; August 26th, 2008 at 10:36 PM.
MDguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #454
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

Good thing it's hidden and I've never seen it before.

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #455
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

I kinda dislike the AON in Los Angeles too

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles18652.jpg

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #456
charmedone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguy View Post
Here's one i can't stand, i think it was very recently completed - Awesome photo though

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=156482
yuck thank god its not a tall building lol
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:22 AM   #457
iDRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboy1212 View Post
(1)
(6)13 year old? I guess you would like arguing with children, on and on and on. I mean if you think im childish why continue arguing with me.
Hence why I said that was my last post. Not arguing, just stating my reasoning. Truce.
Old August 27th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #458
pharuehad

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealMist View Post
totally agree...

especially when compared to its neighbords, 101 huntington ave (the round one) and the John Hancock.

I disagree your both comment for this building - - why both of you didn't think about when this building was finish - - it 20 years ago for now(i guess)

we should appreciate what ever it been - - and think about it carefully.
pharuehad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #459
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #460
stewartrama
the stoop- little jackie

Likes (Received): 13

im a huge calatrava fan but i cant stand chicago spire; its so big w/o any setbacks or anything
stewartrama no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
skyscrapers