SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Skysores: Ugly skyscrapers

1M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  SanFranRising 
#1 ·
heres a good example of ugly buildings

chicago spire

80 south street this porbley wont get buildtthank god

Crown Las Vegas this also might not get built as well i dont think it looks so great and its to big for las vegas
idd add a pic but i cant seem to find any

u can also post buidling that are already built or ones that are going to be built

See less See more
#2,127 ·
I am very sorry, French people around here, I love your country very much, I've visited once, twice, many times and I always will...but still I can't get in love with this element in the city centre...sorry, I know it's hars to say because it was the world's first supertall, but still... I have to post it here the very only thing I don't like of the city... don't bash me ok? ;) tastes are tastes...

#2,129 ·
I am very sorry, French people around here, I love your country very much, I've visited once, twice, many times and I always will...but still I can't get in love with this element in the city centre...sorry, I know it's hars to say because it was the world's first supertall, but still... I have to post it here the very only thing I don't like of the city... don't bash me ok? ;) tastes are tastes... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Eiffel_Tower_from_Champ_de_Mars.jpg
This is blasphemy :bash:

#2,148 ·
I dunno why some people have to say it's ugly?
I ask myself the same question when people say big ben, met life tower or eiffel tower are ugly.

Otherwise, i think The Marina Bay Sands Restort dosent look good because :
the global shape, out of propotion, the comunism bloc's cladding, no details, too much massiv, the roof. It seems like a cheap building which has been built in 70"s in Benidorm ...

#2,149 ·
Why is somebody who loves boxes and hates old architecture (except for ancient architecture) considered weird and being even by some (moustache) considered provocative while nobody sees anything wrong on somebody loving old architecture and hating boxes. It is simply my taste that I love right angles. I always loved them, my entire life I love straight lines and right angles :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.