daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #3101
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 1090

Thanks patrykus for the update and here is the translation as requested

As for the kingdom tower I have entered the site two days ago. I realised the situation and talked to the engineers and we had a long conversation and this is a summary of the conversation:

First: The project is in progress and ground piling has started also there have been lots of base digging to pour the treatment chemical in the ground.

Second: The rebars has been customised to 150m per column and 75mm thickness and a long the base they placed 4 steel columns. *Saw the process myself as it's ready for installation after the work on the foundation is complete.

Third: I saw a drilling rig and it's considered to be the only one built in the world in Italy especially for bin laden group. The rig digs really deep as each drill pipe is 50m in length you will find that in the site and each one costs 12 million riyal as the engineer said.

Fourth: The foundation columns locations has been allocated and a red bar tape as the foundation columns will be place there.

Fifth: The company that's working on this phase is called HUTA group, the company is part of bin laden group as they will work until this phase is finished in about two months.

Sixth: when this phase is the over the site will be handed over to the parent company bin laden group and the actual work will start on foundation digging and base digging and that phase where the actual work begins. As the engineer said that in a short time 240,000 workers and engineer will be intensively working on the site.

Seventh: All the images I documented of the site are stored in my iPod and when I have time I will post it to prove what I've said. And who ever doubts what I said shall go to the site and check it out for themselves

I hope that I didn't make it even worse for you guys. If something doesn't make scene let me know and I will try to re translate it
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #3102
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
THIS IS DEFINITELY PREP !

I agree it's Site Prep for at least 1 year
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #3103
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

if the guy that patrykus posted his comment is correct then next month it will be U/C as the comment states that the site prep is going to take ABOUT 2 months.

Last edited by xAbd0o; January 5th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #3104
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

oh wow straight to U/C would be awesome
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #3105
trimetileno

Likes (Received): 4

They are only in ground testing, not making the hole.
trimetileno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #3106
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAbd0o View Post
if the guy that patrykus posted his comment is correct then next month it will be U/C as the comment states that the site prep is going to take ABOUT 2 months.
Yeah, I think if we would like to be 200% sure we can wait two months before moving it to U/C but the whole situation is quite vague.

On one hand, the guy is telling us (and we can clearly see this on pics) that the pilling is proceeding and he doesn't mention anything about if those are test piles or anything. So I would assume those are regular piles for the tower.

But on the other hand he says that "actual" foundation construction will begin in two months when bin lading will take over the site.

And there is that chemical treatment for the ground.. What the hell is that ?

All we know for sure is:

1. All the works that now goes on are for the tower.
2. Pilling for the tower started (actual foundation, eventually test piles - but no information about that)
3. Definite foundation construction will start in two months.
4. We can expect fresh update from the guy soon

So the status of this tower is up to moderators.

When I see pilling rigs and piles construction I would say U/C, but let them decide.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Last edited by patrykus; January 6th, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #3107
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

I think the piling is for the soil treatment chemicals.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #3108
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10141

i would say site prep. this is going to be a great ride watching this monster rise from the desert,much like watching the mighty BK.
wont see much construction till probably 12months.lots of piling and foundation stuff will go on for months.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #3109
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAbd0o View Post
I think the piling is for the soil treatment chemicals.
I would love to read thorough explanation of the whole process if someone is knowledgeable enough, cause this is the first time I hear about something like this and can't imagine how concrete piles would be used for some ground chemical treatment. Maybe there is someone to enlighten us all.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #3110
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Crap sorry I miss understood. He said they have been digging bases to treat the soil with chemicals.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #3111
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Jeez!! I love reading pages of people complaining where this thread should be and what to call the progress..prep, u/c, soil test, blah-blah-blah. Honestly does it really mean this much to you guys as to where the thread is located or what the progress is. Its up to the Mods as to when to move it but honestly i dont care as long as i stay subscribed and can check back from time to time to see the progress....well and great pics.
So guys just sit back, have a drink , and gain some patience!! You won't miss anything. Oh and let the MODS decide when to move the thread and stop filling the thread with pages of the same posts.

Thanks and to the people that are fortunate enough to live close.....keep the pictures coming of the progress.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #3112
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I would love to read thorough explanation of the whole process if someone is knowledgeable enough, cause this is the first time I hear about something like this and can't imagine how concrete piles would be used for some ground chemical treatment. Maybe there is someone to enlighten us all.
Chemical grouting is supposedly one of the best ways to strengthen poor soils such as sands. By injecting chemicals they will most of all increase load capacity. I don't know if they are drilling holes for the piles or for the injection but now I understand why the soil test for a mile tower project had failed. It really is a hardcore decision to built such a monolith in that location.
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #3113
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1153

Soil Stabilization

Here is a nice link that explains a lot.

krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #3114
patrykus

Very interesting. I wonder if those tanks are for the chemicals used in the process. That would be a lot of chemicals to pump in

Old January 6th, 2012, 02:54 AM   #3115
patrykus

This is what I found for chemical grouting. The procedure looks like this:

And all starts to make sense now. I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly what is being done here. They first dig the pile base, and then use it to deliver chemicals on multiple levels simultaneously. This obviously counts as site preparation.

btw I just reminded myself that soil stabilization methods are commonly used for whole range of tunnels constructions, just somehow it didn't get to me it may be used for a skyscraper construction

Old January 6th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #3116
KingdomTower

Likes (Received): 39

Thank you patrykus
KingdomTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #3117
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Facts

Now,R.C.D Preparing works for Kingdom Tower has started!
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #3118
Naif Saudi

Likes (Received): 7380

Quote:
Originally Posted by danish.m View Post
Congratulations to the people of Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia

Really thanks dear

أرجو الأطلاع على قوانين المنتدى والألتزام بها

︷︸

Naif Saudi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #3119
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

I hear foreigners (actually tourists, not only businessmen) are allowed to visit Jeddah. Is that true? If so, that would be great.
Old January 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3120
KingdomTower

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
I hear foreigners (actually tourists, not only businessmen) are allowed to visit Jeddah. Is that true? If so, that would be great.
All people are allowed to visit Jeddah (tourists,businessmen,muslims, christians,...... and so on)

Last edited by KingdomTower; January 6th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
KingdomTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest