daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #3121
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Since when? Can you post any source? I just googled after this and seems like nothing have changed.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #3122
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Jeddah is open to all religions, don't mix up this city with Mecca

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #3123
the sock

Likes (Received): 80

sorry to ask again but if only doing soil tests then why the rebar ,if them big long steel tube they were making are rebar ?
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #3124
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
Jeddah is open to all religions, don't mix up this city with Mecca
Maybe to all religions but not for all nations. Every time I check I red that its impossible to get tourist visa to Saudi Arabia. But this is interesting topic so if they indeed changed something I would like to see evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sock View Post
sorry to ask again but if only doing soil tests then why the rebar ,if them big long steel tube they were making are rebar ?
It's not soil testing. They are injecting chemicals underground to make the soil stronger to withstand towers load and to make it more stable.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old January 6th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3125
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

You need to have a work/business visa or be a citizen. Saudi Arabia is not a open tourist country I have a friend who lives and works there
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #3126
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
You need to have a work/business visa or be a citizen. Saudi Arabia is not a open tourist country
Thing is I read somewhere that tourists are actually allowed to visit Jeddah. And forumer KingdomTower (who I guess is from SA) confirmed it.
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #3127
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 1090

Since when was Jeddah a forbidden place?

It's only mecca and I think that was b/c people were trying to take sables of the black stone.

Anyways This is totally off-topic so no more talks about the subject check flights to Jeddah or visit your nearest Saudi embassy for answer.
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #3128
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAbd0o View Post
Since when was Jeddah a forbidden place?
It's not Jeddah, its the whole Saudi Arabia as a country. They just don't give tourist visas. And it was like that for longer time now. So if now its different that means something has changed just lately, and I would like to read any article that would prove that. It's not completely offtopic though since the case if we will ever have chance to visit the tower depends on that.

HK999 where did you read that?

Old January 6th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #3129
fayzoon
Fayez

Likes (Received): 2042

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
You need to have a work/business visa or be a citizen. Saudi Arabia is not a open tourist country I have a friend who lives and works there
I have seen American ,European , Asian and African people in every city I've visited in Saudi Arabia But Mecca (in Mecca they're all Muslims and that's the only difference) .. So, stop this topic now and don't you ever worry about that ..
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #3130
patrykus

You don't know if they were tourists.

I guess if nobody can provide a single link that speaks for itself.

Old January 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #3131
fayzoon
Fayez

O.K .. What about this link ? ( arabnews.com is well trusted )

Consider on the faces in the picture .. a lot of them are not Saudi !!

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article33856.ece
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #3132
patrykus

They could be either business-mens, employees or Muslims of non Arabic origin. Take your pick. We talk about tourist visas.

Old January 6th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #3133
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

I'm with patrykus here. This isn't OT, on the contrary. It's actually very important for all non muslims who plan to see this tower one day, to know if there's a possibility of visiting SA as a tourist.

@patrykus : I can't remember exactly, I just know it was in some newspapers. I'll try do dig it up when there's a chance. Gn8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAbd0o View Post
Anyways This is totally off-topic so no more talks about the subject check flights to Jeddah or visit your nearest Saudi embassy for answer.
Are you from SA? If so, may I ask is this the famous Saudi hospitality? ... go to the nearest embassy... - way to go to treat somebody who's interested to visit SA lol.
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #3134
patrykus

Well that went a bit too far so let me end this topic. I went to the main saudi arabia embassy website for the us, thinking it should be most up to date and trustworthy information there and here's all visa types available:

-Business Visit Visa
-Diplomatic And Official Visa
-Employment Visa
-Extension of Exit/Re-Entry Visa
-Family Visit Visa
-Government Visit Visa
-Residence Visa
-Student Visa
-Transit Visa
-Temporary Work visa
-Hajj Visa
-Umrah Visa
-Adding a Newborn to a Saudi Residence Card

link: http://www.saudiembassy.net/services/

So no tourist visa as for now. At least for Americans.

Old January 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #3135
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 1090

I'm not sure what kind of tourism would you do in Saudi Arabia? Not much TBH although when they had a tousim visa numbers were increasing (info from a quick google search) perhaps when this is complete and few more things they may consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
Are you from SA? If so, may I ask is this the famous Saudi hospitality? ... go to the nearest embassy... - way to go to treat somebody who's interested to visit SA lol.
Nope I'm not Saudi and don't currently live in Saudi Arabia, also this has nothing to do with hospitality pretty much this isn't the best or let say the most appropriate place to ask about visa or how to visit Saudi Arabia. Pretty much this thread has been derailed thanks to you. I was only trying to make sure that you are happy by all the answers giving then was stresting that we should get back on topic.

YET you insist on making a big deal out of nothing. You got your answer now can we get back to topic? If you have further questions and you're too lazy to go to the embassy (best place to get info IMHO) I'm sure we have a Saudi forum here, few clicks and asking your question in the "appropriate" place would be much more appreciated.

I hope that doesn't sound too offensive as that wasn't my intention but yea can we get back to topic now please?
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #3136
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
Lol so fast to judge, he's actually from Egypt. I've already explained here, at least twice, that tourist visas can, as a matter of fact, be obtained albeit not easily. The only problem is tourist visas aren't issued to individuals, you have to be in a group and obviously not many traveling agencies organize trips in KSA.

Here's the official Ministry of Foreign Affairs site (visa section):
https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/eDefault.asp
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #3137
patrykus

Must be really hard since main us embassy don't even list that option

btw I knew about this group trips thing. But thats not actually what would interest me. You need at least 7 people willing to go, and the trip is strictly planned from point to point, moving by bus. Something what you do in North Korea.

Last edited by patrykus; January 7th, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #3138
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

I hope that SA will revise it's policy with regard to tourism in the country
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #3139
fayzoon
Fayez

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus
Well that went a bit too far so let me end this topic. I went to the main saudi arabia embassy website for the us, thinking it should be most up to date and trustworthy information there and here's all visa types available:

-Business Visit Visa
-Diplomatic And Official Visa
-Employment Visa
-Extension of Exit/Re-Entry Visa
-Family Visit Visa
-Government Visit Visa
-Residence Visa
-Student Visa
-Transit Visa
-Temporary Work visa
-Hajj Visa
-Umrah Visa
-Adding a Newborn to a Saudi Residence Card

link: http://www.saudiembassy.net/services/

So no tourist visa as for now. At least for Americans.
There is a Saudi Tourist Visa here : http://www.visabureau.com/worldwide/...abia-visa.aspx
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #3140
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayzoon View Post
There is a Saudi Tourist Visa here : http://www.visabureau.com/worldwide/...abia-visa.aspx
Yeah...

"Tourist visas are granted only to selected groups on a limited basis"

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest