daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #3741
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Too bad indeed
I can cheat you blind.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #3742
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Haha, lack of arguments, aren't we
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #3743
AltinD
The Modecator

Look, by being an ass, demanding pictures AND insulting the locals, you ain't gone get any, in contrary .... me myself lost interest in providing updates from Dubai Marina back in 2006 because of jackasses property investors with a very similar attitude, concentrating on SZR and Business Bay instead. Then Imre came along ....

But I guess you have never clicked the camera, so have no idea how much time, efforts AND money it takes.
I can cheat you blind.

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #3744
patrykus

Being an ass? Maybe I should stop searching for updates (which large part of them wouldn't be here if not for me) and start acting like you and applaud to this sick situation. Who is being an ass? The person who only intention is to make this thread presenting a minimum of quality? I don't expect unthinkable. Just one update per month. Or the person who comes here watch the threads and contributes nothing even though the most important thread in this site clearly needs it. You are wrong sir, learn how to lose with class.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #3745
AltinD
The Modecator

LOL, most of those 27k of posts I have, are thanks to thousands and thousands of picture updates I have posted on this forum, even years before you registered, so go bark at another tree.
I can cheat you blind.

Old May 11th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #3746
patrykus

Well, I'm sorry that I don't live in Jeddah. I'm sure this thread would look much better if I was.

And btw you haven't even understand my post. I was talking about random jeddah forumers not you.

Old May 11th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #3747
AltinD
The Modecator

And I'm saying you must NOT demand and pretend, just ask nicely
I can cheat you blind.

Old May 11th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #3748
patrykus

Seems like that option isn't working here nicely, isn't it?

eh anyways it's pointless to continue this. If you're fine with no updates here let's be it. I'm not. We have to live with that somehow. I expressed my opinion. If that won't work we lose nothing since there is no updates here anyways. Hey, when it will rise like 50 or 100 meters we will scrub something from flickr.

Old May 11th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #3749
AL_FAYHAA SPORT

Likes (Received): 8

برج المملكة ستكون اكبر برج فى العالم
خلال 7 سنوات القادمة

Riyadh = Vegas

AL_FAYHAA SPORT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #3750
AL_FAYHAA SPORT

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomTower View Post
63 months = 5 years = from 2012 to 2016

انا سعيد

Riyadh = Vegas

AL_FAYHAA SPORT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #3751
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Well, simple. If you want updates that badly, you'll have to be the one that makes them. For the rest of us, it's simply called being patient and asking politely.

I understand why you're frustrated but as was said, not everyone can drive the distance. Not everyone who is local cares. Not everyone who is local who would care may not be on these forums, be computer savy, or even speak English. A site that's dust for a good Kilometer+ in all directions and a huge barrier wall notwithstanding of course .

Now don't get me wrong. If I had a project rise locally to me I'd certainly keep people updated ... (which is as good as the moon crashing to Earth since I'm in a tiny town in Michigan and the nearest ~100 meter skyscraper is half an hour from me with nothing new being built).

I'm just saying that there's a difference between asking and demanding. The people who do do these updates for us probably spend their own money, time, and camera expenses to do so without any kind of payment in return.

For a site like this, unless you have a "big-zoom" point-and-shoot, good luck on getting anything salvagable anyway. Even with my $3,000 lenses (they'd reach 400mm total or on a crop body about 600mm), I still don't know if I'd even have enough resolution and quality to make sense of any foundation work that far away in a dusty desert. You'd need quite an elevation to not get shots that far at a skewed angle anyway.

Don't worry man. The beginning of the Burj was like this too and went for pages and pages without really any photo updates. Once the foundation is commenced we might even get some official company photos on here or people will take notice. I want to see the foundation aspects too as much as anyone else but what can I do? Wait.

The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #3752
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

Ladies please. It's going to be at least a year before this thing even starts rising. What's so wonderful about machines drilling into some sand?

soup or man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #3753
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup or man View Post
Ladies please. It's going to be at least a year before this thing even starts rising. What's so wonderful about machines drilling into some sand?

I've gotten tired of telling people this

4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #3754
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
For a site like this, unless you have a "big-zoom" point-and-shoot, good luck on getting anything salvagable anyway. Even with my $3,000 lenses (they'd reach 400mm total or on a crop body about 600mm), I still don't know if I'd even have enough resolution and quality to make sense of any foundation work that far away in a dusty desert. You'd need quite an elevation to not get shots that far at a skewed angle anyway.
You would get plenty of nice pics with this stuff. Guess what, the photo I posted on the top of this page has been shot with this little fellah

Old May 12th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #3755
danielbeier
In the brig

Likes (Received): 985

Nice.

danielbeier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #3756
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Indeed, nice. Photo is confirmed and you're sitting at 540mm equiv so that's close enough. Either I forget how far 500mm will let you view or the site is far but not that far ;p. At this point any photo is better than none, thanks.

The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #3757
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
There are more users from jeddah than Naif. But it's too far for them to drive once a month to the side. And the side is huge they can't have guards all around it. It was always huge problem with updates from soudi arabia, and especially from jeddah. Strange considering saudi is one amongst the richest in the Arabian peninsula. Others (dubai, abu dhabi, kuwait) makes hell lot better job in supporting their projects at ssc that I sometimes wish it should have been build in different country, so we could at least follow the construction by pictures. Even arabs not living in the area could help. I have found many times pictures on arabian sites. But it's really hard for me as I don't know a single word in the language. I suppose I could have missed some forum, source, site. Comon arabs! don't be lazy ass bastards
You're kidding, right? Aside from the fact that over half the members on the Saudi subforum aren't residing in KSA, the majority hail from/live in distant cities. The city I come from for example is some 9 hours drive to the northwest of Jeddah and I honestly can't be assed driving all those hours only to grab a dozen pictures of a deserted site empty but of some equipment. (assuming I lived in SA)

That said, we've always had a problem with the lack of Jeddah updaters. Pretty much all projects from other major cities get more updates on average than Jeddah in Saudi SSC. I'd like more frequent updates just as much as you do, but at this stage there simply is not enough enthusiasm by the members to go through all the trouble and be denied access, whether officially or logistically.

Mesch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #3758
patrykus

I'm not kidding All what you mentioned has been explained by me already. I'm not going to repeat myself.

Old May 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #3759
AltinD
The Modecator

And so is what all that makes you ....
I can cheat you blind.

Old May 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #3760
patrykus

See, guys like The-Real-Link are able to have conversation at some level. You are just able of personal attacks. Quite low indeed.

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest