daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #3841
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

thank you fury for the clarification. what i wnated to point out is that the highest floor however you wanna call it still is lower than expected, since we saw renders and thought the empty part of the building would only be a short part of the spire instead of 300m. but this floor plan shows that this building sadly does have floors only up to that point and the upper 300m are empty. of course it will still be the number one building in floor count, tallest architectural, tallest tip and even tallest floor, although the tallest floor isn't at a much of a taller place than in other megatall structures like Burj Khalifa and SHanghai Tower. A masterpiece nontheless.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #3842
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
LOL, do you even know what a roof is
Some people here Please read with understanding because it seems you all got confused.

Fury stated the fact that recognition of roof is impossible in modern buildings

Innsertnamehere said the kingdom tower and burj should be counted because of spires being theirs integral parts, suggesting that in some buildings it isn't and hence shouldn't be counted.

Jay responded to that that the differentiation of spires being integral or not is subjective so either they should be counted all or none. If all then all buildings needs to have a roof which leads to absurd situations like determining virtual "roof" at burj, hence roof height doesn't work.

Clear now?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #3843
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

i'm not really talking about the official height now, i just wanted to point out that we have 300m of buiding being empty.

Old June 5th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #3844
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Every building has a roof and with the system I made it is easy to measure it

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #3845
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
i'm not really talking about the official height now, i just wanted to point out that we have 300m of buiding being empty.
I wasn't responding to you, but anyway, it was clear from the begining the sole purpose of this building is to brake words record. The same was with burj, and the same is with those record braking jet powered supercars that you can't actually use anywhere except vast flat deserts

but non the less it still will be awesome construction to follow
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #3846
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

yes i completally agreed and thought the same right from when i heard that the Burj Khalifa architects were doing this one too, but when renders came and people started saying the spire would be minimal and things, i was quite getting my hope up, which was shattered with the latest floor plan ;-) and i agree even with a 300m empty space on top it will still be a building of gigantic proportions. something we never have seen yet.

Old June 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #3847
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3047

Whether it has floors to the top or not doesn't change how tall it looks any way, this building is being built to claim the tallest title, so the floor count doesn't really matter to much here.
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #3848
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

+1000000 well said

lady gaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #3849
Sani Ramic
Art Director

Likes (Received): 130

well said and now lets hope for fast and well construction time at this one

Sani Ramic
Home is where your story begins...
Traveler / Photographer / Construction Foreman / Art Director / PR Manger

Sani Ramic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #3850
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Lol "easy"? Your system is ridiculously overly complicated. And you made Abraj Al Bait taller than Pingan. There is no way, statistically or visually, that anyone would think Abraj Al Bait is taller than Pingan.

azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #3851
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

That was when I had wrong data about the top occupied floor of Abby. I made a revision today. Click on the top link in my signature to see it. Now Pingan is 21 meters taller than Abby

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #3852
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
That was when I had wrong data about the top occupied floor of Abby. I made a revision today. Click on the top link in my signature to see it. Now Pingan is 21 meters taller than Abby
Nice, I like it

iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #3853
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Hi Kanto.

I try not to be too judgemental in here but your 'system' makes makes it difficult ...

You have been pushing the roof height thing for some time now and that is your business (problem). Now you come up with this 'system' with rules that are totally arbitrary to push it even further. Not saying this is your intention but it looks to me that you think you can come up with something that the people on the council should have used to retain the height to roof measure as the fourth official height.

Stating "every building has a roof" and "I made it easy to measure it" sounds self centered at best and absurd at worst. The council is the accepted group to make decisions regarding tall structures, including the roof issue. There are very few on this forum qualified to be on the council and you and I are not among them.

Section 23B on the BK starts at 742.9 meters and is 6.4 meters high. Your 'system' has the roof at 747. You mean to say the roof of the BK is 0.9 meters above the half way point of a section ?? That makes no sense. The list I made years ago has 8 different points on the structure that some may (sensibly) interpret as the roof. That alone was enough for me to agree with the council's decision to do away with the roof height.

The council made the decision to drop the height to roof height because there are many structures on which the roof can't be easily determined. Making up some 'system' does not define the roof of these structures.
In short - Why continue pissing into the wind ??

Ray.

Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #3854
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

I actually consider the top of the Burj as the roof. The empty part of the building, is more like empty space rather then just a spire. It also passes the requirements on my system. What I am really trying to get is where buildings correctly lineup by visual height.

Old June 6th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #3855
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Right the Burj doesn't have any spire at all, it's not like it's the last 150 meters of the building or anything...

Last edited by Jay; June 6th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #3856
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury
Hi all.

Hi Kanto.

I try not to be too judgemental in here but your 'system' makes makes it difficult ...

You have been pushing the roof height thing for some time now and that is your business (problem). Now you come up with this 'system' with rules that are totally arbitrary to push it even further. Not saying this is your intention but it looks to me that you think you can come up with something that the people on the council should have used to retain the height to roof measure as the fourth official height.

Stating "every building has a roof" and "I made it easy to measure it" sounds self centered at best and absurd at worst. The council is the accepted group to make decisions regarding tall structures, including the roof issue. There are very few on this forum qualified to be on the council and you and I are not among them.

Section 23B on the BK starts at 742.9 meters and is 6.4 meters high. Your 'system' has the roof at 747. You mean to say the roof of the BK is 0.9 meters above the half way point of a section ?? That makes no sense. The list I made years ago has 8 different points on the structure that some may (sensibly) interpret as the roof. That alone was enough for me to agree with the council's decision to do away with the roof height.

The council made the decision to drop the height to roof height because there are many structures on which the roof can't be easily determined. Making up some 'system' does not define the roof of these structures.
In short - Why continue pissing into the wind ??

Ray.
Well said Fury, i agree totally !
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #3857
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Right the Burj doesn't have any spire at all, it's not like it's the last 150 meters of the building or anything...

It is all about getting the correct visual height. Burj looks like a 828 meter building, and 1 WTC looks like a 419 meter building

Old June 6th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #3858
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
It is all about getting the correct visual height. Burj looks like a 828 meter building, and 1 WTC looks like a 419 meter building
Go to skyscraperpage diagrams and put the 828 meter burj next to the 632 meter Shanghai Tower, tell me how much a visual difference you see.

If Burj has the visual mass of 828 meters, than Chrysler and ESB also have the visual mass of 320 and 443 meters with that logic, aswell as petronas.

Just because a building tapers into a spire doesn't mean it should count more.

Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #3859
Vitruvio
Milano

Likes (Received): 1099

I'm totally crazy about this project! It's since a was a child and I saw One Mile Tower di FLWright for the first time, that I dream a building like this!

Vitruvio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #3860
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Go to skyscraperpage diagrams and put the 828 meter burj next to the 632 meter Shanghai Tower, tell me how much a visual difference you see.

If Burj has the visual mass of 828 meters, than Chrysler and ESB also have the visual mass of 320 and 443 meters with that logic, aswell as petronas.

Just because a building tapers into a spire doesn't mean it should count more.
When someone looks up at the Burj there not going to hold there hand up to cover the "spire" and say that's how tall it is........................................just because it's thin doesn't mean that it's not there!
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest