daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 14th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #3981
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1153

Not really if you consider the remoteness of the site.
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #3982
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

x-posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by religionflag View Post
Recent news from bin laden group, water is almost in control and drilling soon!

Go and see your self at the construction site.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #3983
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

i have the feeling we will not see any new pictures until t actually reaches groundlevel
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #3984
patrykus

Killer you're overoptimistic as always

And why are you complaining anyway it's not even a year since the last update
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old August 16th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #3985
usman4444

Likes (Received): 0

wow good work amazing
usman4444 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #3986
dc88

Likes (Received): 250

why will jeddah waste money on this one? why not search the space? its the new trend countries do it..
dc88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #3987
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Killer you're overoptimistic as always

And why are you complaining anyway it's not even a year since the last update

but i also have the feeling we'll still have to wait a quite time before we'll see updates. but as long as i know it will be build i've no problem with that
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #3988
armyv

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post

but i also have the feeling we'll still have to wait a quite time before we'll see updates. but as long as i know it will be build i've no problem with that
Look in bing maps. There is a good update (shorter than a year). You can see the test pillars and some other equipment.
armyv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #3989
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

better overoptimistic and happy for all the waiting, than too pessimistic and thinking while we get no photos, there are also no updates.
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #3990
RandomNameTag
Skyscraper fan

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post

The only problem is that this will be stuck in the Proposed section even if construction is going on, all just because we do not have proof and can't see it happening, which bugs me.
RandomNameTag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #3991
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 6165

US firm wins Kingdom Tower landscaping deal

An artist's impression of the Kingdom Tower project.

A US-based company has been hired to design the landscaping around Kingdom Tower, Prince Alwaleed's project to build the world's tallest building in Saudi Arabia.

Landtech Design said in a statement that it that it has been appointed by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture to be the landscape irrigation design consultant.

Landtech will harness latest innovations in sustainable irrigation technology to design the Kingdom Tower irrigation system, the statement said.

Water harvesting efforts will collect rainwater and condensate from the building to supply water for irrigating the grounds’ 8.5 acres of green space, it added.

“We are honoured to be a part of the talented team of designers on such a magnificent project,” said Landtech manager Jim Davis.

“Our leadership and experience with highly-efficient irrigation practices was instrumental in positioning us on the project.”

Expected to cost $1.2bn to construct, Kingdom Tower will be a mixed-use building featuring a luxury hotel, office space, serviced apartments, luxury condominiums and the world’s highest observatory.

Construction, which started earlier this year, is expected to take a total of 63 months.

At over 1,000 metres and a total construction area of 530,000 sq m, Kingdom Tower will be the centrepiece and first construction phase of the Kingdom City development on a 5.3 million sq m site in north Jeddah.

The tower’s height will be at least 173 metres taller than the world’s current tallest building, Dubai’s 828m tall Burj Khalifa.

It may not hold the record for long however, with an Azerbaijani firm recently announcing plans to build a 1,030m structure in the Caspian Sea nation's capital Baku.
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:04 AM   #3992
Legomaniac

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
oh ted, how much i love you.
Very interesting design. I like the idea of having building actually be a positive structure for the environment. I've had for a while the idea of translating that positive energy potential to a stadium. It seems like a good place to exploit all these new concepts.
Legomaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:55 AM   #3993
OneGiantLeap

Likes (Received): 3

the article on the landscaping contract is promising news for this tower
OneGiantLeap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:53 PM   #3994
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGiantLeap
the article on the landscaping contract is promising news for this tower
Indeed , hope to hear more soon!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:50 PM   #3995
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Rashid Ahmad View Post
US firm wins Kingdom Tower landscaping deal

An artist's impression of the Kingdom Tower project.

A US-based company has been hired to design the landscaping around Kingdom Tower, Prince Alwaleed's project to build the world's tallest building in Saudi Arabia.

Landtech Design said in a statement that it that it has been appointed by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture to be the landscape irrigation design consultant.

Landtech will harness latest innovations in sustainable irrigation technology to design the Kingdom Tower irrigation system, the statement said.

Water harvesting efforts will collect rainwater and condensate from the building to supply water for irrigating the grounds’ 8.5 acres of green space, it added.

“We are honoured to be a part of the talented team of designers on such a magnificent project,” said Landtech manager Jim Davis.

“Our leadership and experience with highly-efficient irrigation practices was instrumental in positioning us on the project.”

Expected to cost $1.2bn to construct, Kingdom Tower will be a mixed-use building featuring a luxury hotel, office space, serviced apartments, luxury condominiums and the world’s highest observatory.

Construction, which started earlier this year, is expected to take a total of 63 months.

At over 1,000 metres and a total construction area of 530,000 sq m, Kingdom Tower will be the centrepiece and first construction phase of the Kingdom City development on a 5.3 million sq m site in north Jeddah.

The tower’s height will be at least 173 metres taller than the world’s current tallest building, Dubai’s 828m tall Burj Khalifa.

It may not hold the record for long however, with an Azerbaijani firm recently announcing plans to build a 1,030m structure in the Caspian Sea nation's capital Baku.
The cost might increase with time looking back on what Burj Khalifa initial plan was. I doubt that amount would put a finishing touch to that Kingdom Tower in the near future.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:44 PM   #3996
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 6165

May be BUT I don't think so it will worry the owner as his current wealth stands at around $20 billion...

Shouldn't this thread now be moved to "Supertalls" instead of "Proposed Supertalls"???
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:03 PM   #3997
patrykus

No. There is no evidence (pictures) that construction started. Until someone post pictures showing construction this thread stays in proposed section.

Old August 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #3998
Naif Saudi

Likes (Received): 7380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:30 AM

Landtech Design will work on the irrigation system for Kingdom Tower, which is set to be the world’s tallest building when completed.

The company has been hired by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture to be the landscape irrigation design consultant for the project in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

"We are honoured to be a part of the talented team of designers on such a magnificent project,” said Landtech manager Jim Davis.

“Our leadership and experience with highly-efficient irrigation practices was instrumental in positioning us on the project," he added.

Landtech said it will use sustainable irrigation technology to design the Kingdom Tower system.

Water harvesting efforts will collect rainwater and condensate from the building to supply water for irrigating the grounds’ 8.5 acres of green space. The condensation will be collected as the building’s air conditioners extract water from the humid Red Sea air and directs it into a large cistern near the base of the building.

The irrigation system will include technologies such as UV sanitisation, a fertiliser injection system, ET/weather-based sensors, and a central control system that will allow the entire operation to be controlled remotely.

أرجو الأطلاع على قوانين المنتدى والألتزام بها

︷︸
Naif Saudi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:11 PM   #3999
fayzoon
Fayez

Likes (Received): 2042

I really don't want any pics right now , but I really want to know if there are some work in the site or not !!
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:59 PM   #4000
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

yes anything, reliable info is enough i do not need photos, i just want information on how far we are.

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest