daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #4281
Rody69

Likes (Received): 1918

Saudi Bauer is on site now, a number of various machines are on the ground.

let's wait and see what the "boxing day" would bring in for us

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Rody69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #4282
Naif Saudi

Likes (Received): 7380

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltanalharbi View Post
I tried to posted here but i did not know how. Please who ever can do that do so.

Here the links for the pictures from the Tower Site and what see there just came in today at 9 AM Dec 13, 2012 .

Enjoy

http://im16.gulfup.com/oNPk1.jpg

http://im16.gulfup.com/BMSH2.jpg

http://im16.gulfup.com/JSM23.jpg

http://im16.gulfup.com/LmEU4.jpg

Enjoy
Really thank you very much

Wait updates very close since you are close to the tower

أرجو الأطلاع على قوانين المنتدى والألتزام بها

︷︸

Naif Saudi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #4283
KingdomTower

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Thanks. Those pics are huge so resized them and reuploaded. Enjoy

Thank you soooo much

go ahead my favorite tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltanalharbi View Post
This Video will explain some of the unanswered Questions.

Enjoy

http://blip.tv/ctbuh/ctbuh-2012-shan...ilding-6423597

Last edited by KingdomTower; December 14th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
KingdomTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #4284
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2010

thanks for the updates
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #4285
Trnovo

Likes (Received): 52

Guys, I think the new tallest building on the face of Earth has just started to erect!
Trnovo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #4286
RoofHeightMatters

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
As promised Seems like naysayers will have quite a surprise
Hey now, don't get too ahead of yourself. This building -- and the essential surrounding properties -- are still at an early enough stage that they could be cancelled or put on hold indefinitely at the drop of a hat. Don't forget about what happened in Dubai Business Bay.

I think this building will probably be built as planned, because of the money behind it. And I hope it does, too. But you should keep your hopes tempered because this is exactly the kind of project that gets killed when the economic winds shift.
RoofHeightMatters no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #4287
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Please, let it start

ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #4288
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoofHeightMatters
Hey now, don't get too ahead of yourself. This building -- and the essential surrounding properties -- are still at an early enough stage that they could be cancelled or put on hold indefinitely at the drop of a hat. Don't forget about what happened in Dubai Business Bay.

I think this building will probably be built as planned, because of the money behind it. And I hope it does, too. But you should keep your hopes tempered because this is exactly the kind of project that gets killed when the economic winds shift.
Haven't i said the exact same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus

From the moment the construction started chances of this project failing are the same now as they will be when this tower is already halfway up. And yes, construction starts in few weeks as soon as bauer installs all it's equipment because unlike with burj khalifa there won't any huge hole here, they will start drilling foundation piles right aways from the "street" level. And since as we all know money have been secured for the project the only thing that can stop it now is something as dramatic as another world economic crisis (which stopped the nakheel tower). But since we are in the middle of one it can only get better for this project

So yeah, naysayers can stay negative if they feel need to, but that doesn't change the fact that this thing is getting build as we speak, as predicted
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #4289
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

BAUER also did Burj Khalifa (with the local Middle East Foundations)
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #4290
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnovo View Post
Guys, I think the new tallest building on the face of Earth has just started to erect!
To do that it first needs to have a hole.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #4291
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
To do that it first needs to have a hole.
Burj Khalifa didn't have a hole, this one won't have one as well
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #4292
fast_fokker

Likes (Received): 48

One would assume that a quick glance at the name of this forum/site "Skyscrapercity" would mean that most visitors here would be enthusiasts and in the main would support the development and creation of these wonderful structures.

However the level of negativity I have read on some of these threads on this site makes me wonder. Warnings on the reasonable possibilities of a project coming to fruition is one thing, outright bashing and doubting of the veracity of a development and it's team is quite another, appearing often to suit one's own negative agenda. It does get old, but that's what you get when you have such an open medium to let the masses opine.
fast_fokker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #4293
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
That's becausse the entire site was excavated
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #4294
Sooners4Life
Apex Predator

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
As promised Seems like naysayers will have quite a surprise
Before you get too far up on your high horse and start quoting everyone in the thread who have expressed doubts about this project, you might want to wait for some actual construction to start. Pictures of 1 tiny construction trailer, 1 storage container, and 1 section of a fairly small crane taken in what could be any number of locations isn't exactly ironclad proof that a kilometer-high tower is being erected.

Who is being more ridiculous here, the people who are tired of constantly hearing over the past couple years how construction is about to start are waiting for some actual evidence before we start popping champagne bottles, or the people who are ready to bet their lives on the rapid completion of the tallest structure in history every time they hear any kind of positive news regardless of its credibility? I prefer to be realistic, especially considering how many times "wolf" has already been cried already on this thing.

I really hope this gets built, but I don't think being skeptical at this point is unusual at all considering the sheer magnitude of this project and the number of construction start dates that have already fallen through. I don't need a "negative agenda" to question this project, just logic and a memory. I don't understand why some people are getting so bent out of shape by it. We're discussing a building, not your child. Take it down a notch.
Sooners4Life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #4295
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
That's becausse the entire site was excavated
Correct
Old December 17th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #4296
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners4Life View Post
Before you get too far up on your high horse and start quoting everyone in the thread who have expressed doubts about this project, you might want to wait for some actual construction to start. Pictures of 1 tiny construction trailer, 1 storage container, and 1 section of a fairly small crane taken in what could be any number of locations isn't exactly ironclad proof that a kilometer-high tower is being erected.

Who is being more ridiculous here, the people who are tired of constantly hearing over the past couple years how construction is about to start are waiting for some actual evidence before we start popping champagne bottles, or the people who are ready to bet their lives on the rapid completion of the tallest structure in history every time they hear any kind of positive news regardless of its credibility? I prefer to be realistic, especially considering how many times "wolf" has already been cried already on this thing.

I really hope this gets built, but I don't think being skeptical at this point is unusual at all considering the sheer magnitude of this project and the number of construction start dates that have already fallen through. I don't need a "negative agenda" to question this project, just logic and a memory. I don't understand why some people are getting so bent out of shape by it. We're discussing a building, not your child. Take it down a notch.

I am well aware that project of this size is vulnerable to economic break down which I said many times before. I also never have said that this tower is 100% certain deal and I'm most certainly not thinking of betting my live for anything.

But all things considered this project is on best possible way to realization. If you would have followed this thread or at least not ignored my posts where I summarized all progress being made in the last years you would know that probability of failure is very low at this point and you might restrain yourself from writing ignorant posts like this.

Quote:
Yep. Fortunately I've never believed it was actually being built so no disappointment here. This is gonna die on the vine just like Nakheel Tower. Sad to see so many people still clinging to hope after all this time. Never gonna happen, folks. Move on, nothing to see here. Literally.
Because you can't possibly convince anybody that was reasonable expression of moderate concerns that you might have You haven't used a single argument to back up what you said and yet you seemed completely certain of this project failure.

I would eventually ignore one post like that but since more people flooded this thread lately with ignorant posts like that I felt provoked to respond.

But since you hope this tower will rise I get you are supporter (in your strange way) so, at the end of the day, you should be happy as we all are that such dark predictions remains just that - predictions. And this baby starts construction withing the weeks or months at most.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old December 17th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #4297
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
Burj khalifa had huge land excavated. But this one won't. At least according to articles we've seen there won't be any excavating for the tower. Foundation piles will be drilled into the ground from "street level" and concrete slab will be constructed above ground. That is why construction formally can start even withing the weeks.

Old December 17th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #4298
JMGV196
BANNED

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioma View Post
sry but its a new century for skyscrapers, it breaks the 1000m mark and the construction time is i thing higher than 5 years. the burj have to complete in 4 years, did it? no it does 7 years
a real timeline for the kingdom tower is maybe this:
2013 - Beginning
2014 - foundation is completed
2015 - 50 floors
2016 - 100 floors
2017 - 140 floors
2018 - 180floors
2019 spire is completed
2020 official opening
Hahaha I’m sorry man, but you are completley wrong.
Year 1: They may spend between 6 and 8 months in excavation and pilling.
Year 2: I would say they will spend about a year to get about 70 floors. By that the cladding would already have started.
Year 3: In the last months of the second year, and the start of the third the cladding would be in around floor 35. At the end of that year, they would have about 140 floors. Cladding would be maybe at floor 85.
Year 4: They spend the first half of the year in the top floors, and the rest in finishing the cladding.
Year 5: Spire is completed and works in the interior are almost done. Landscaping start.
Year 6: Landscaping and interior works are done. Opening would be maybe in september 2019.
JMGV196 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #4299
fast_fokker

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
... I don't need a "negative agenda" to question this project, just logic and a memory
What logic drives such negativity? Surely it is logical that given the number of proposals for super/megatalls, there will be a large number of rejections/cancellations/postponements etc. But what is the logic in continuing to ad nauseam point out this reasoning? What purpose does it fulfill? And memory is an interesting justification as it is very often, very selective.

Hmmmm, I'll stick to the negative agenda theory, you are welcome to yours... speaking of getting bent out of shape

My glass is generally half full.
fast_fokker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #4300
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Agree Patrykus. I guess this will rise very fast like BK did before.

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest