daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #4881
ironalbo
Un chileno más

Likes (Received): 62

when will be finished???
ironalbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #4882
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1812

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyDaddy View Post
So you just made yourself a really smart guy! Congrats, but you still have to learn to read and write carefully.
Yeah maybee I should write it in my signiture but I am a 14 year old guy from Germany and I don't speak English very well. But there isn't a German skyscarperforum and I absolutely love skyscrapers. I am sorry for my English. And another course that i can't write so carefully is that I use ky mobile to post. I am sorry for that

China Hand, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #4883
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Do you need a refresh? Go back and look ... though i don't keep any hope high, judging by your previous countless antics

... but since I'm generous and don't want to waste your time, here's how it went:

Post 4852 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4852
Post 4853 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4853
Post 4855 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4855
Post 4859 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4859
Post 4861 (last phrase only) http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4861
Post 4865 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4865
Post 4866 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4866
Post 4876 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4876

Seriously Altin whats the point of the discussion if you can't keep track of it. Or maybe you will admit you manipulate intentionally

The guy said he don't like pointless needle-shaped towers and you responded it's "impossibru" to do it anyway different as if the guy really have suggested he expects 1km tall sydney opera house . And finally nt proves tower of this height really can be done with design different than a needle what the guy was complaining about in the first place.

So please altin, I know you can't help but mocking every negative middle east related opinion but at least get your facts straight when you do. Because you tend to mislead people and now everyone may think next record breaker has to be another burj khalifa copy.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #4884
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerVerre:) View Post
Yeah maybee I should write it in my signiture but I am a 14 year old guy from Germany and I don't speak English very well. But there isn't a German skyscarperforum and I absolutely love skyscrapers. I am sorry for my English. And another course that i can't write so carefully is that I use ky mobile to post. I am sorry for that
Don't worry about those people. Your English is very good and will get better as your write more!
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #4885
Topher51

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerVerre:) View Post
Your English is better than my German and I took four semesters of it in college!
Topher51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #4886
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironalbo View Post
when will be finished???
Completion is planned between 2017 and 2018. but to me 2019 is more realistic.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #4887
miami_meiguoren
Miami MeiGuoRen

Likes (Received): 1

so this place has not even broke ground yet?

will it or is it but a dream still?
miami_meiguoren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #4888
patrykus

Thread title should be a good hint
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old March 25th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #4889
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Seriously Altin whats the point of the discussion if you can't keep track of it. Or maybe you will admit you manipulate intentionally

The guy said he don't like pointless needle-shaped towers and you responded it's "impossibru" to do it anyway different as if the guy really have suggested he expects 1km tall sydney opera house . And finally nt proves tower of this height really can be done with design different than a needle what the guy was complaining about in the first place.
And my point was that at such height the design possibilities are limited. Now tell me what's wrong with that statement?

... or you think there is not that much difference between a 300 and a 1000 m one, let alone between a 600 and a 1000 m?

Guess what, actually it is and you guys who complain about the lack of floor space on the needle at the top, are obviously clueless of the fact that increasing the space available at the top, means reducing the one at the bottom (hint: thicker columns) both for weight and wind-effected stability of the structure.

And what the hell has Middle East and criticism of it has to do with anything? Is that how low you have to go? I didn't even say I like the design, let alone love it
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #4890
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_meiguoren View Post
so this place has not even broke ground yet?

will it or is it but a dream still?
It is Under Construction. So no dream, pure reality
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #4891
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
And my point was that at such height the design possibilities are limited. Now tell me what's wrong with that statement?

... or you think there is not that much difference between a 300 and a 1000 m one, let alone between a 600 and a 1000 m?

Guess what, actually it is and you guys who complain about the lack of floor space on the needle at the top, are obviously clueless of the fact that increasing the space available at the top, means reducing the one at the bottom (hint: thicker columns) both for weight and wind-effected stability of the structure.

And what the hell has Middle East and criticism of it has to do with anything? Is that how low you have to go? I didn't even say I like the design, let alone love it
Are you really suggesting the kingdom tower will have the same amount of space the nakheel tower would have??. And there's the design itself - nakheel tower was completely different and denying reality won't change that.

If you really wanted to explain something to the guy you could have said it looks like it looks because their main goal was to reach certain height at relatively low cost and other aspects as usable space or height of the top floor aren't the issue. THAT would be true not your missleading claims that it's technically impossible.

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #4892
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
There is none yet. But you can be sure whenever they'll start one it will be under kingdomtower.com or kingdomtower.sa url
I am considerably disappointed in this building without enough information available to the public about the project on-line,to say the least. Indeed, I would expect to see a daily follow-up information posted on their official website at this moment in time yet the reserve is the case.

My stance is very clear, that enough information about it be provided and other related data be released to the public. Things which need attention as it is becoming the world tallest building with a reputation.

What is all the secret about the to-be-world-tallest building for?

friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #4893
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Are you really suggesting the kingdom tower will have the same amount of space the nakheel tower would have??. And there's the design itself - nakheel tower was completely different and denying reality won't change that.

If you really wanted to explain something to the guy you could have said it looks like it looks because their main goal was to reach certain height at relatively low cost and other aspects as usable space or height of the top floor aren't the issue. THAT would be true not your missleading claims that it's technically impossible.
Yes, Nakheel Tower was different .... still a needle.

I am sorry cost is a factor when you build anything, sorry about that
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #4894
patrykus

There are needles and NEEDLES I think you can see the difference.

And while the cost is a factor, obviously, developers still builds all kinds of buildings from aimed solely on height breaking burj khalifa like structures to extremely efficient boxy office towers like wtc twins depending on the goal the investors want to achieve. So don't lie to people it's TECHNICALLY impossible while even one of the record breakers was much more usable for it's height.

Old March 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #4895
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Is the highest occupiable floor higher than Burj Dubai? Not just highest mechanical floor but highest someone could purchase or lease an office, residence or public observation deck.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #4896
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
Is the highest occupiable floor higher than Burj Dubai? Not just highest mechanical floor but highest someone could purchase or lease an office, residence or public observation deck.
According to ctbuh the observation deck at kt will be at 502m in comparison bk have it at 452m. Top occupied floor is at 584m in bk. That number is not available for kingdom tower but we know that above the observation deck several floors of palace apartment will be placed and probably nothing above it, so I wouldn't be surprised if the top floor would end up somewhere around 600m. All that of course assuming final height of rumored 1007m which we have seen on plans. Generally it seems kt will be even less usable than burj - the tower looks even more "stretched" than burj starting from similar size footprint so I think it will have even less space for it's height than burj. CTBUH lists even less GFA space for kt than for burj but that's probably due to the fact that side buildings burj have added lots of space to the overall gfa. Kt doesn't seems to have any side buildings at the moment.

FM 2258, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #4897
Riyadh Crusher

Likes (Received): 2295

The highest occupiable floor of Kingdom Tower will be at a hight of 654 meters.

FM 2258, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Riyadh Crusher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #4898
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Thanks patrykus & Riyadh Crusher...I guess I really shouldn't "complain" but it's pretty much gonna have 346m of unusable building, pretty much a supertall of nothingness above habitable space makes me wonder what's the point of that?
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #4899
Riyadh Crusher

Likes (Received): 2295

despite having a hight of 828 meters Burj khalifa has almost 250 meters of spire. As kingdom tower is almost 200 meters higher than BJ, I think having a 346 meters of spire in KT is preety much fair and ok for me.

Riyadh Crusher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #4900
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadh Crusher View Post
The highest occupiable floor of Kingdom Tower will be at a hight of 654 meters.
So I wasn't far off. It confirms what I was saying. 70% of burj height may be occupied while for kingdom tower this ratio is 65% making kt less usable than the burj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadh Crusher View Post
despite having a hight of 828 meters Burj khalifa has almost 250 meters of spire. As kingdom tower is almost 200 meters higher than BJ, I think having a 346 meters of spire in KT is preety much fair and ok for me.
Well you know it would be "ok" for it's purpose even if just 50% of the building was usable, because it's purpose is to break the height record and for that to happen it has to be considered a building not a tower which only requires that just 50% of its height is occupied by usable floor area.

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest