daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #5081
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissib View Post
Man, they really look better in NY than in Dubai and Jeddah.
You don't say that because of aesthetics, you have other subconscious reasons

..... and no, they will not look better in NYC. They DO NEED space around them to be fully appreciated. The setting in Dubai of BK is PERFECT, but of course without visiting one can't gasp it
I can cheat you blind.

fayzoon, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #5082
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

i visited dubai and got two impressions. from close up it is exactly as you say, you have nicely space and fountains around it that give this building kind of an area that is all set up for this building. All the area around is pretty much perfectly depicted to present burj khalifa as an experience. You come to the area and are amazed. yet my second impression is a bit different. Looking at the city from a plane Burj Khalifa looks not linked to the city really. The cityscape of building playing with each other and naturally forming a skyline is kinda off for a bit, because of the spaces. It is hard to tell what the better set up it for such a building in my opinion, but i hope with Kingdom Tower setting up a huge area which also has several skyscrapers in it, it can combine the pros of everything.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #5083
AltinD
The Modecator

For the second part (from the plane), that's because the city is expanding and everything will look more integrated once more of the areas around are filled up as planned.
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #5084
SergioCrash
Trujillo mítico y moderno

Likes (Received): 587

This... is.... unbelievable!!
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #5085
BeLogical
BANNED

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post

..... and no, they will not look better in NYC. They DO NEED space around them to be fully appreciated. The setting in Dubai of BK is PERFECT, but of course without visiting one can't gasp it
What he said was simply an opinion. You should stop harassing people whos opinions differ from yours.

Kanto liked this post
BeLogical no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #5086
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

The only city where this behemoth wouldn't look out of place would be Shanghai, more precisely Lujiazui with the BIG 3. And maybe in New York (Lower Manhattan [WTC], future 57th Street and Hudson Yards), Shenzhen and Hong Kong.

I don't quite grasp the logic behind "build the tallest first and the rest (sykscrapers surrounding the tallest one) decades later". Building tall should be a natural process. But with Arab states it's all about ... well you know.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #5087
æthær

Likes (Received): 37

Everytime this thread gets a new comment I check it hoping for an update. DAMN!
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #5088
Chrissib
Margela Schurkel

Likes (Received): 12943

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post

No, I have no subconcious reasons. My opinion is that tall skyscrapers look best when they are surrounded by many smaller ones and you have a really impressive skyline instead of one tower and nothing around it. Even the Burj Khalifa and the towers in Shanghai have too much plain space used for greenery and squares around it in my opinion.

BeLogical liked this post
Chrissib no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #5089
Kynareth

Likes (Received): 20

Preparation is really taking too long, I hope this is silence before the storm and in half a year the building process will rush towards clouds, if not then I may have doubts if this will be build, this decade at least.
Can someone please remind how much sq feet or sq metres this tower will have? I want to compare it to other tallest structures. Eventhough, still Abraj-Al bait will retain its highest floor count, having over 1 500 000 m^2.

fayzoon liked this post
Kynareth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #5090
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynareth View Post
Preparation is really taking too long, I hope this is silence before the storm and in half a year the building process will rush towards clouds, if not then I may have doubts if this will be build, this decade at least.
Can someone please remind how much sq feet or sq metres this tower will have? I want to compare it to other tallest structures. Eventhough, still Abraj-Al bait will retain its highest floor count, having over 1 500 000 m^2.
The status isn't prep . Foundation work is in full swing, so don't worry...this will get build
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #5091
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3047

That is prep
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #5092
AltinD
The Modecator

If they are doing the actual piling, then is not 'prep' anymore, is ground work.
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 15th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #5093
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Yes, the foundation is already a part of the tower
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #5094
theinvincibles2003

Likes (Received): 1

ssssssssssss boom!!
theinvincibles2003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #5095
HoneyDaddy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynareth View Post
Eventhough, still Abraj-Al bait will retain its highest floor count, having over 1 500 000 m^2.
In fact, Abraj Al Bait is the largest structure ever, with its 1,575,815 m2 floor area. Dubai International Airport comes after, with 1,500,000 m2

Chrissib liked this post
HoneyDaddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #5096
BlueDevil-99

Likes (Received): 213

any update ...
BlueDevil-99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #5097
Pilot89

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissib View Post
Man, they really look better in NY than in Dubai and Jeddah.
Awesome compare
Pilot89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #5098
Naif Saudi

Likes (Received): 7380

Hi All

News shortly before from the famous Saudi newspaper

Which confirms the start of construction of the tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naif Saudi View Post
تفاصيل جديدة

بترجي: بدء بناء برج المملكة بجدة بارتفاع 167 طابقًا واكتمال المشروع خلال 63 شهرًا

يطل على بحيرة صناعية ويحطم الأرقام القياسية لأعلى بناء في العالم

وائل إسلام - جدةتصوير - علي الزهراني
الخميس 18/04/2013

أكد الرئيس التنفيذي لشركة جدة الاقتصادية المهندس وليد بترجي بداية العمل في مشروع برج المملكة بجدة والذي سيكون أعلى مبنى في العالم متفوقا على برج خليفة في إمارة دبي المبنى الأعلى حاليا بارتفاع 828م.
وقال بترجي في تصريح لـ «المدينة» إن العمل بدأ فعليا في 1 أبريل الجاري مشيرا إلى أن الانتهاء من تشييد البرج سيكون خلال 63 شهرًا من الآن.
وأضاف م.بترجي أن بداية العمل في المشروع تفند المزاعم التي اطلقها البعض بعدم الجدية في تشييد أعلى برج في العالم على أرض جدة، وأن السبب من الإعلان عن بناء البرج الأعلى في المملكة كان بغرض رفع أسعار الأراضي في شمال أبحر فقط.
ونفى م.بترجي وجود تأخير في بناء البرج، مشيرًا إلى أن بناء أعلى بناية في العالم كان يحتاج لدراسات فنية كثيرة معقدة، قبل الشروع فيه، خصوصًا مع وجود تحديات صعبة أهمها التجاويف الأرضية الكبيرة وارتفاع منسوب المياه الجوفية، وعامل الرياح والذي يمثل عامل خطورة أكبر من الزلازل في الارتفاعات العالية.
وأشار م.بترجي إلى أن برج المملكة سيكون المعلم الأبرز في مشروع كبير هو مدينة المملكة والذي يمتد على مساحة 5 ملايين م2 شمال أبحر، ويستمر العمل فيه على مدى الثلاثة والعشرين عاما القادمة، ويوفر 150 ألف فرصة وظيفية للشباب السعودي الجاد في العمل.
وأضاف م.بترجي أن برج المملكة سيتكون من 167 طابقا بزيادة أربعة طوابق عن برج خليفة (163 طابقًا) وبارتفاع ألف متر أي أعلى من برج خليفة بما يقارب المائة وسبعين مترا، وستشغل أعلى شقق سكنية فيه الطابق 160 على ارتفاع 642م بزيادة 26 طابقا عن برج خليفة (الطابق 134)، فيما سيخصص الطابق 158 على ارتفاع 634م للزوار بينما يخصص برج خليفة الطابق 124 للغرض نفسه، وتصل مصاعد برج المملكة إلى الطابق 160 بارتفاع 642 بزيادة تقارب المائة وأربعين مترًا عن برج خليفة (504م)، وسيكون هيكل البرج خرسانيًا بالكامل عدا الثلاثمائة متر الأخيرة منه سيكون هيكلها من الحديد.
وأوضح م.بترجي أن البرج سيقسم إلى 7 أدوار تخصص للمكاتب، 7 أدوار لفندق الفورسيزونز، 11 دورا شقق سكنية يخدمها الفندق، 21 دورا تخصص للمجموعة السكنية الأولى، 11 دورا للمجموعة السكنية الثانية، 8 أدوار للمجموعة السكنية الثالثة، 19 دورا للمجموعة السكنية الرابعة، وأضاف أن أسعار الوحدات السكنية ستزيد كلما زاد ارتفاعها.
وحدد م.بترجي وقت المرحلة الأولى بأحد عشر شهرًا وهي الفترة التي تلزم لعملية حفر الأساسات العميقة، والتي تقوم بها شركة سعودي باور العالمية، كمقاول من الباطن لمجموعة بن لادن السعودية وبإشراف دار الهندسة، موضحًا أن الأساسات ستكون الأعمق في العالم إذ ستصل إلى 105م أي أطول من مبنى مكون من 30 طابقا تحت الأرض، ثم تليها المرحلة الثانية والتي تمتد إلى 8 أشهر لبناء اللبشة الخرسانية، وعندها سيظهر البرج على سطح الأرض، ثم تليها المراحل الإنشائية لهيكل البرج حتى ينتهي العمل فيه منتصف العام 2018م.

وأضاف م.بترجي أن مشروع مدينة المملكة سيحتوي بحيرة مساحتها 350 ألف متر مربع وقطر محيطها بطول 14 كلم تقريبًا بما يعادل طول شرم أبحر، مشيرًا إلى عدم اتصالها بالبحر، وأكد مراعاة الشركة المنفذة للمشروع لعدم الإضرار بالبيئة والمحافظة عليها إلى أبعد الحدود، موضحا أنه تم استخدام أعلى التقنيات في العالم لهذا الغرض.
وتابع م.بترجي أن المشروع سيحتوي على مبانٍ سكنية تبدأ من 4 أدوار وتصل إلى 100 دور، وأن المشروع سيكون خليطا بين التجاري والسكني ومتعدد الاستخدام، حيث سيشتمل على أيضا مراكز تجارية كبيرة ومخازن للبيع بالتجزئة، مضيفا أن المشروع ليس موجها لشريحة معينة من المجتمع بل يخدم الجميع. وأشار م. بترجي إلى أن مشروع مدينة المملكة سيتم ربطه بمدينة جدة من خلال كوبريين شرقي وغربي، يصب أحدهما على أطراف مدينة المملكة والآخر في قلبها.

http://www.al-madina.com/node/447450...%8B%D8%A7.html

Translated the news in points

* Actually start work on April 1 this month and will continue until 63 months to end in mid-2018
* The first phase of construction began in April and will last for 11 months where the drilling depth of up to 105 m
* The second phase starts immediately after the first phase and extends to 8 months to build concrete Allepeshh, and then the tower will be shown on the surface
* The third phase starts after 19 months to complete construction work in 2018
* Tower consists of 167 bungalows and by the increase of more than 1,000 meters
* The highest residential apartments in the tower will be 160 floor at an altitude of 642 m
* Overlooking Visitors will be on the floor 158 at an altitude of 634 m
* Concrete tower structure will be fully except the last three hundred meters it will be the structure of iron
* Elevator tower up to the maximum height is 160 floor and at an altitude of 642 m
* Kingdom City project area 5 million m 2 and completed the entire city after 23 years
* The project provides 150 thousand jobs for Saudis
* The project includes a giant artificial lake with an area of 350 thousand square meters, diameter and around 14 km long
* The project contains a large number of towers up to 100 floors
* The project will be a mix between commercial and residential, multi-use, where he also will include a large commercial centers and retail stores,

Preparative and used Google translator

أرجو الأطلاع على قوانين المنتدى والألتزام بها

︷︸
Naif Saudi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #5099
HoneyDaddy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naif Saudi View Post

* Concrete tower structure will be fully except the last three hundred meters it will be the structure of iron
You wanted to say "steel" instead of "iron", which is a totally different, non-construction material.
I wonder, isn't this is a suitable project to use aluminium structure instead of steel? Engineers, any suggestions?
HoneyDaddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #5100
ibib

Likes (Received): 2894

Check this lecture if you can, it may answer a lot of questions!

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest