daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #5221
Legomaniac

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
unlikely by 2018, possibly 2019, probably by 2020
ouch, that's a long way to go. Let's see what happens with China's recrod breaking supertall. If it ever gets constructed.
Legomaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #5222
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
Don't worry, won't happen
Cool, you seem to have some inside news here. Surprise us with some exciting pictures from your recent visit to Jeddah?
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #5223
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

You seem too
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #5224
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Surprise us with some exciting pictures from your recent visit to Jeddah?
Rody posted pics from this month, what do you need more ?
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #5225
aSP

Likes (Received): 67

Jedi temple
aSP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #5226
Ni3lS

Quote:
Rody posted pics from this month, what do you need more ?
So judging from the pictures you can tell us this project will not be downsized in the future? Interesting!
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel

Old April 28th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #5227
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
So judging from the pictures you can tell us this project will not be downsized in the future? Interesting!
no, i just can say that it is U/C from these pics. but why should they downsize it?
the sense of this project is to build the WTB and to build the first 1000m+ tower, and at the moment i see no problem with financing or anything else.
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #5228
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29041

What I think is that this tower will be downsized, I might be wrong but they will shrink it to a level not less than 830m so it will always break the record on surpassing Burj Khalifa's threshold.
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #5229
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

i don't think it will be downsized. i expect a height at around ~1050m

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #5230
Chibears85
MEOW!

Likes (Received): 669

Do you know what would make this better? A live webcam at the site...

Kanto, n20, SNAEK, wtcforever liked this post
Chibears85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #5231
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2461

This is the biggest piece of nonsense I've seen since... SkyOne?
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #5232
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears85 View Post
Indeed, that would be perfect
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #5233
Ni3lS

Quote:
no, i just can say that it is U/C from these pics. but why should they downsize it?
the sense of this project is to build the WTB and to build the first 1000m+ tower, and at the moment i see no problem with financing or anything else.
My point being, that it is pointless to throw out forecasts in a certain way of confidence about matters that only insiders have information of. Thus answering questions asked by others here like you know everything without any single support of arguments. I admire your enthusiasm very much, I just think it shouldn't cloud your or anyone else's judgement. That's all
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #5234
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

considering burj dubai was planned to be quite under 800m and surprised us in the end makes me enthusiastic as well.

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #5235
MUHA
A Deep Miracle

Likes (Received): 1377

Saudi Water Company Signs $587 Million Jeddah Tower Deal

Saudi Arabia’s national water company agreed to a 2.2 billion-riyal ($587 million) supply deal with Jeddah Economic Co. for the Kingdom tower project in the Red Sea port of Jeddah, Saudi Press Agency reported.
The state-owned news agency said the 25-year agreement to supply 156,000 cubic meters of treated and drinking water a day, enough for 62 Olympic-size pools, was signed by the chief executive of the Jeddah-based developer, Waleed Batraji, and Loay al-Musallam, head of National Water Co.
Jeddah Economic Co. is developing the Kingdom Holding (KINGDOM) project, which includes plans to build a 1 kilometer-high (0.62 mile) skyscraper in Jeddah that would surpass the Burj Khalifa in Dubai as the world’s tallest tower.
Saudi Arabia, the biggest oil producer with the Arab world’s largest economy, plans to build the biggest desalination plant in Rabigh on the Red Sea. National Water plans to spend $66 billion on water projects over 10 years.

Source
MUHA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #5236
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240884

I am looking - checking this thread almost every day, and its really great that Kingdom Tower is officially U/C.
About the tower, as concrete preparations are not started yet in which level are we now? I assume that we are in some kind preparation work (measures, checking the soil, perhaps some ground excavations).

christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #5237
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Since you are checking this thread every day you should know that foundation construction is undergoing as we speak
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:28 AM   #5238
SNAEK
(I).(♥).(KSA)

Likes (Received): 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears85 View Post

good idea, but i don't think you will see any thing interesting in drilling phase

=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Economic City
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Financial District
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
My Favorite Cities
Riyadh Vancouver Dubai Jeddah Tokyo Toronto Bogotá Seoul

SNAEK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM   #5239
johnbgt

Likes (Received): 8

http://www.emirates247.com/emaar-con...05-01-1.504820

KillerZavatar liked this post
johnbgt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM   #5240
johnbgt

Likes (Received): 8

Emaar 'considering' tower higher than 1km-tall Kingdom Tower Will Dubai also be home to the next tallest tower in the world? ByStaff Published Wednesday, May 01, 2013 Burj Khalifa is currently the world’s tallest tower (FILE) Dubai can accommodate a tower taller than Burj Khalifa, said Mohammed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar Properties. Dubai is already home to the world’s tallest tower Burj Khalifa, which attracts millions of visitor every year. Speaking at a conference in Dubai on Wednesday, Alabbar said he’s considering to build a tower which will be taller than Burj Khalifa and the Kingdom Tower which is under construction in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He said: "Technology has really improved the value of tall buildings which are really important commercially. We have learned how to make money out of tall buildings." The Burj Khalifa, nestled in the world's largest mall, Dubai Mall, has become a major tourist attraction, and reaffirmed Dubai's name on the global tall towers map when it was unveiled in 2010. Dubai is also home to the tallest residential skyscraper cluster in the world. Not only does Dubai boast of the tallest building in the world, the imposing Burj Khalifa, but also the tallest residential tower (Princess Tower), the tallest hotel in the world (JW Marriott Marquis Dubai), among many more. According to Emporis, a global provider of building information, Dubai has 909 high-rise buildings , including 448 skyscrapers (comprising 40 floors or more). According to SkyscraperPage.com, Dubai has 387 towers that are more than 99 metres in height, of which 84 are more than 202 metres tall and 26 are 301 metres or more in height. Speaking at the Africa Global Business Forum 2013 being held in Dubai, Alabbar said Emaar will continue to launch new projects and properties on a regular basis. Outlining Emaar’s vision, Alabbar said the property company intends to “keep launching projects every week,” and that the developer is doing all it can to control flipping of properties in the market. Flipping, or resale of off-plan properties at a higher rate to make quick gains, has been blamed for the property price crash of 2008-09. Currently under construction, Kingdom Tower will overtake 830-metre tall Burj Khalifa to become the world’s tallest over the next five years.
johnbgt no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest