daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM   #521
the sock

Likes (Received): 80

nice vid rody69

NijmegenCity liked this post
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2008, 10:35 PM   #522
leetroy

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
^ no man just in your head.....most of the Saudi Infrastructure and development projects (now) is made with IPO if someone told you...so basically the private sector is baying for everything
and by the way,prince Al waleed has nothing to do with government and the oil prices!!and really I know normal people (from outside the royal family) has bigger impact on the decision making, more than anyone in the royal family.so not everything is revolving around them. I just lough my A** off every time I hear some comments telling us this project or that is gonna be canceled because the oil prices!!
and by the way the Saudi government is going to invest more than $ 400 billion in the next 5 years,,and you know what???it's all already PAID

i agree i hate how some people are so uneducated and still talk about shit they dont know anything about low oil prices are not a problem to the Saudi economy any more their had been a trillion dollars already invested in the Saudi economy by the government for the next decade

leetroy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:24 AM   #523
Rody69

Likes (Received): 1918

from Arabian business:

A company owned by billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said on Sunday it has launched plans to build in Saudi Arabia the world's tallest tower which will be at least 1,000 metres high as part of a $26.7 billion project.

The news comes just days after Dubai developer Nakheel said it was going ahead with a $38 billion development including a "more than one kilometre high" tower in Dubai's Arabian Canal area. Architects privately told Arabian Business that the building would be 1,200 metres tall.

Kingdom Holding Co. said the Kingdom City and Kingdom Tower projects are worth total investments of more than 100 billion riyals.
Story continues below ↓
advertisement

The statement did not say what has become of Kingdom Holding's initial plans to have a mile-long tower.

The projects were unveiled and inaugurated in Jeddah in the presence of King Abdullah and Prince Alwaleed, the company said in a statement.

The two projects will "signify Kingdom Holding's contribution in placing Saudi Arabia at the forefront of the first world and reaffirming Kingdom Holding as one of the world leading real estate developers," the statement quoted Prince Alwaleed as saying.

The two projects' masterplans cover 7.1 square kilometres in the Red Sea city of Jeddah.

The built-up area covers 23 million square meters and includes multi-purpose facilities including residential, entertainment, retail and hotels.

Kingdom City is expected to house 80,000 residents and accommodate 250,000 visitors.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/53398...km-tower?ln=en
Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:26 AM   #524
poshbakerloo
***Alexxx***

Likes (Received): 292

uh oh its seams a see bit ridiculous...

I <3 London

poshbakerloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:00 PM   #525
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

1,200m isn't bad, but I'll stick with 1000m+ until the official announcement.

buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM   #526
Rody69

actually I was focusing on this part:

The two projects' masterplans cover 7.1 square kilometres in the Red Sea city of Jeddah.

The built-up area covers 23 million square meters and includes multi-purpose facilities including residential, entertainment, retail and hotels.

Kingdom City is expected to house 80,000 residents and accommodate 250,000 visitors.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:18 PM   #527
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

yes, yes, I'm fully aware of your point and it sounds just amazing. This could be an introduction to the future of Saudi Arabia and at some point in the future, who knows, it might out smart Dubai and attract more people.

People in England are already getting taste of how rich Saudis are, with the club chairman of Manchester City arriving and paid all the untouchable debt to start with.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 06:23 PM   #528
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Not any pic of the project (no renders... real pics)? or excavation of the site there?

Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:32 AM   #529
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

no physical work happened on this project, we're not even 100% if this will certainly happen or not.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:08 AM   #530
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6562

at least it has very good chances....i'm quite sure they'll do it
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #531
Occit
Non-Westerner White @.cn

Likes (Received): 2895

...more than 1000 mts???

Occit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 06:16 AM   #532
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
yes, yes, I'm fully aware of your point and it sounds just amazing. This could be an introduction to the future of Saudi Arabia and at some point in the future, who knows, it might out smart Dubai and attract more people.

People in England are already getting taste of how rich Saudis are, with the club chairman of Manchester City arriving and paid all the untouchable debt to start with.
There is a gigantic difference between Dubai and Saudi Arabia: the legal system. It would never be still going to live at a place where if it adopts the whip.

Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #533
Rody69

Old January 5th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #534
Rody69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroban View Post
There is a gigantic difference between Dubai and Saudi Arabia:
Im sure there is,,,,but not from the side of the tunnel you're looking from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroban View Post
It would never be still going to live at a place where if it adopts the whip.
ummmm,the first thing the whipping takes a place with a thin and short tree branch,and the "whipper" MUST do it with a rest motion.JUST with his rest.
about the whipping happens in rare cases in Saudi.specially in the cases of selling drugs or if a group fighting (more than one person) hit 1 person,cause the system there is on the base of (eye for an eye).and it goes on everyone.
and the last thing,in the Saudi law there is personal right,and the society right.
with your personal right you can:
-let the court to order whipping him/them for you (if they hit you physically,and it got proved from a hospital or police)
-if he/they broke someones tooth or nose,or damaged someone's eye..etc, he can ask the court to order doing the same (in a hospital) or he can for money "as a compensation".
About the society right is between social works-as minimum- or present -maximum.
what I want to say is "and from my point of view" this is a really good system (even though it needs to got improved in some aspects) and the prove is just a small search being done about the crime rate in Saudi.
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #535
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16178

Quote:

ummmm,the first thing the whipping takes a place with a thin and short tree branch,and the "whipper" MUST do it with a rest motion.JUST with his rest.
about the whipping happens in rare cases in Saudi.specially in the cases of selling drugs or if a group fighting (more than one person) hit 1 person,cause the system there is on the base of (eye for an eye).and it goes on everyone.
and the last thing,in the Saudi law there is personal right,and the society right.
-let the court to order whipping him/them for you (if they hit you physically,and it got proved from a hospital or police)
-if he/they broke someones tooth or nose,or damaged someone's eye..etc, he can ask the court to order doing the same (in a hospital) or he can for money "as a compensation".
About the society right is between social works-as minimum- or present -maximum.
what I want to say is "and from my point of view" this is a really good system (even though it needs to got improved in some aspects) and the prove is just a small search being done about the crime rate in Saudi.
Oh God...

my favorite parts are the ones where we find out how it's done with a gentle whip and how eye for an eye nowadays takes place in a hospital...

I am pretty certain I will never see this place with my own eyes.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!

Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #536
Rody69

but most of the people (look I'm saying most not all" ask for a money compensation,instead of taking his eye or tooth.
but still you have the right to ask for his eye or tooth but it's rare.
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #537
Candy
Architectural Student

Likes (Received): 2

Oh come on... This building is so tall, it's ridicolous haha

Candy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #538
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450292,00.html
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...2IqldUCgDkcu0w

As they intend to attract foreigners for this city if even his neighbors fear what can happen?

Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #539
cyborg81
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post

dude ur ignorance is appalling! manchester city has been bought by Abu Dhabi which is the capital of the U.A.E,not Saudi Arabia!!

cyborg81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #540
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

oops, my bad LOL

Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment (ADUG) MEGA RICH..

from UAE. Back to the topic.

독일의 막가파 두목이름은? 칼막 휘둘러
일본에서 가장 유명한 구두쇠 수도국장 이름은? 무라까와 쓰지마

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest