daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2013, 09:02 PM   #5741
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
I see a 828 meters tall tower everyday for 4 years now. I know how that kind of height looks from different angles and distances. Or will you (and your vast experience) be deputing that as well now
I studied information technology. I think I can make simple calculations based on proportions

It's actually interesting how this design confuse people. Unlike burj from some angles it wont really look like a tapering building.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2013, 11:51 PM   #5742
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

A 1 km tall building will NOT look that short .... and Burj doesn't look the same from all angles too, plus the Burj has a different outline then KT
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:41 AM   #5743
patrykus

Oh but it look like that. If you don't believe me just take THIS or THIS render measure the plot, the tower and calculate it yourself (assuming you can). Or you deny math now too?

The tower on those renders is 1km tall. If you suggest that one render have for some reason lower model ask yourself why in the world in a single render from the bunch would they insert drastically lower model from the rest if it's the same masterplan 3d model and the same tower??
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:59 AM   #5744
Rody69

Likes (Received): 1918

even in these latest renders (which were made by the the master planner and not by the architects) it shows a +1 Km tower.
As I mentioned when I first posted them, these renders are showing the master plan for Kingdom City and not the tower it self. they're showing the the roads network in KC (Kingdom City), the buildings distribution and approximate heights, the Lagoon outline and the area around Kingdom Tower.
Ooh, By the way
By the latest hints I got,I can assure that the Tower's final height will be a big surprise... even for me
I hope this post was informative.

Munwon, MUHA, sgollis, Abdullah-atta, patrykus and 4 others liked this post
Rody69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:28 AM   #5745
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
even in these latest renders (which were made by the the master planner and not by the architects) it shows a +1 Km tower.
As I mentioned when I first posted them, these renders are showing the master plan for Kingdom City and not the tower it self. they're showing the the roads network in KC (Kingdom City), the buildings distribution and approximate heights, the Lagoon outline and the area around Kingdom Tower.
Ooh, By the way
By the latest hints I got,I can assure that the Tower's final height will be a big surprise... even for me
You can PM me the final height Rody. I won't tell anyone

sgollis, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:42 AM   #5746
Rody69

Likes (Received): 1918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
You can PM me the final height Rody. I won't tell anyone

I still don't know the exact final height, but I still can assure it will be a huge surprise (in a positive way )

Rody69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:34 AM   #5747
Legomaniac

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:

I still don't know the exact final height, but I still can assure it will be a huge surprise (in a positive way )
Positive for Dubai or us?
Legomaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:42 AM   #5748
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

So has construction started yet ?

Sunset on the greatest skyline on earth !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPjQ_6bxJO8

yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:31 AM   #5749
patrykus

Quote:
Ooh, By the way
Thank you, at last someone who actually knows something.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #5750
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:

far taller than 1001m ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
So has construction started yet ?
yes it has . but we'v to wait until next year until we'll see it rising out of the desert.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM   #5751
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Oh but it look like that. If you don't believe me just take THIS or THIS render measure the plot, the tower and calculate it yourself (assuming you can). Or you deny math now too?

The tower on those renders is 1km tall. If you suggest that one render have for some reason lower model ask yourself why in the world in a single render from the bunch would they insert drastically lower model from the rest if it's the same masterplan 3d model and the same tower??
What are you talking about?

On the specific render I was referring to, the graphic designer got the perspective wrong, and the tower appears to be shorter then what it should have been portrayed from that perspective.

Once again, I DO KNOW how a tower of that weight looks from different perspectives and distances in real life, and the design artist got it wrong on that particular render. Period.

Don't try to prove me wrong by showing me unrelated stuff .... and yeah, go watch a tower almost as tall (or even half or 1/3 as tall for that matter), and then come and tell me I am "wrong"
I can cheat you blind.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #5752
patrykus

Jesus you are bigger ignorant than I thought

Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #5753
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1153

Quote:

So they are doing the same what they have done with BK. Probably afraid of those Azerbeijan Tower/J220 proposals I was kind of suspecting they'd keep the final height to themselves but luckily wth have Rody69 who rams through rumors like a Ghost Rider

krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:06 PM   #5754
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

J220 will not be a threat. J220 will not have any height nearly as tall to endanger Kingdom Towers height. If everything goes right J220 will be come the tallest building in the world and then Kingdom Tower gets the title afterwards from J220. i expect Kingdom Tower to end up with a height slithly taller than 1000m, maybe ~1080 is what we will get in the end

KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:10 PM   #5755
patrykus

Who knows

Quote:

Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:27 PM   #5756
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

maybe we get our mile height tower afterall

Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:28 PM   #5757
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Jesus you are bigger ignorant than I thought

You other fail to understand what I am saying, or your ignorance and lack of real life experience in tall buildings blocks you from seeing the obvious .... KT has been drown too short for its height, on that particular render (once again boy: On that PARTICULAR image, not any other, not the ones you linked in your previous post)
I can cheat you blind.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:31 PM   #5758
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post

maybe we get our mile height tower afterall
I wouldn't go that far The Big Surprise to me would be over 1200m. And I doubt it it has any chance being taller than 1400m.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #5759
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

1100m-1200m would be a nice surprise for me .

Taller? I don't think so.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM   #5760
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far The Big Surprise to me would be over 1200m. And I doubt it it has any chance being taller than 1400m.
yeah i wasn't being serious, i highly doubt it will be even over 1200m, but i would be happy to be shown otherwise

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest