daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #5761
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

if it would reach 1200m i wonder if the tallest floors would be still at arround 600m
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:00 PM   #5762
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post

You other fail to understand what I am saying, or your ignorance and lack of real life experience in tall buildings blocks you from seeing the obvious .... KT has been drown too short for its height, on that particular image (once again boy: On that PARTICULAR image, not any other, not the ones you linked in your previous post)
boy you are persistent

Ok I will try for the last time make this post as informative and simple as I can to you. It's pretty clear you know very little how professional renderings are being made. None of the images you saw was a tower photoshoped into the skyline by 15yo like broad did for their's first prototypes of the design. It's not freaking hand painting that you can have "wrong perspective" on one render and good on the other. If you have complete 3d model of the city with the main tower all "the artist" have to do is place the virtual camera on one spot, point it to desired direction and hit "render". That's it. There can't be wrong perspective. Ask anyone who actually works with 3d graphics. The only way the tower may be lower on one render is if they would actually use a lower model of it and Rody already told you the model used in that set is 1km tall.

If you still insist the tower on that single render is lower you basically suggesting they used 1km model of the tower in most of the pictures of a continuous series made by a single studio and then switched it with lower model just for that single render. If that makes sense to you I give up
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Rody69, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:47 PM   #5763
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Well, the perspective does look wrong on that image, no matter what you say. Maybe one day, when you'll have the chance to witness in real life a tower taller then 250 meters, you'll understand

The furthest distance from the tower to thee edge of the city, seams to be 3 km. Now compare it with the perspective of the Burj Khalifa render that you posted earlier, that is rendered as from a similar distance, and has the same proportions as it has in real life as well.
I can cheat you blind.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by AltinD; July 22nd, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:58 PM   #5764
patrykus

It was posted as part of the set of renderings here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=5700

All of them are 3d if you doubt it ask the guy who posted them. Although I think it's pretty obvious.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:18 PM   #5765
patrykus

Quote:
Well, the perspective does look wrong on that image, no matter what you say.
So you chose to be ignorant. No arguments will convince you? Fine, I just wish I wouldn't waste my time explaining it to you. I'll try to don't make that mistake again.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:59 PM   #5766
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Once again, I DO know how a real-life tower of a similar height looks from the distance that render is supposed to show, and it doesn't look that short, you have never got the chance, so you are not in the position to tell me otherwise.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:11 PM   #5767
Alargule
Gidroow Neget Mola

Likes (Received): 2026

Wow, the discussion about the alleged height of the tower in the last drawing with the cracked asphalt has lasted for a whole page?

Anyways, at least none of us can say they ever saw what a 1000+ tower looks like in real life. That's for sure
Alargule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:12 PM   #5768
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

i think you both made your initial statements already clear 25 posts ago and the discussion got from related to just for the sake of proving the other person wrong. can we now continue to enjoy the beauty of witnessing the beginning of the construction of the next (or maybe even second next) tallest building in the world peacefully together

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:16 PM   #5769
Chibears85
MEOW!

Likes (Received): 669

Quote:

You other fail to understand what I am saying, or your ignorance and lack of real life experience in tall buildings blocks you from seeing the obvious .... KT has been drown too short for its height, on that particular render (once again boy: On that PARTICULAR image, not any other, not the ones you linked in your previous post)
I am not trying to start something else here, but you are being a bit ignorant to him.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:30 PM   #5770
patrykus

Forget it I know him long enough. Killer is right everyone with at least a little common sense would understand till now so I won't continue with this. I will just end with those two pics.

Burj Khalifa seen not from three but two kilometers.

KT seen from at least two kms and still much taller.

Doesn't require much comment. If someone still can't see it I'd suggest visit the oculist or other doctor

ipaddicted, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:33 PM   #5771
TowerJunkie

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
maybe to install a 70 m long piles?

Night work?

Too hot??

TowerJunkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:07 AM   #5772
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

I am a bit curious to know why there hasn't been any official website created for it yet. Indeed, I would be much interested to receive updates from there, if there is any at all as we see the project progresses.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:39 AM   #5773
patrykus

We heard some time ago they apparently planned to make one where official updates would be posted but so far nothing happened in that matter I'm afraid.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:36 AM   #5774
ipaddicted
ISO 160

Likes (Received): 1418

I wish this tower was going to be a bit taller. :P
ipaddicted no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:39 AM   #5775
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1153

It will be a bit taller than everyone thinks

krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM   #5776
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
J220 will not be a threat. J220 will not have any height nearly as tall to endanger Kingdom Towers height. If everything goes right J220 will be come the tallest building in the world and then Kingdom Tower gets the title afterwards from J220. i expect Kingdom Tower to end up with a height slithly taller than 1000m, maybe ~1080 is what we will get in the end
We might see a few J330s within the next five years .

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1, lotec liked this post
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:52 PM   #5777
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

Very nice photo! Construction continues...!

Dise˝o, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #5778
K.S.A
Jeddah Tower Lover

Likes (Received): 4363

Works on Kingdom Tower going as planned

The Jeddah Economic Company that was founded for the purpose of building the tower held its fourth board meeting. In it, plans related to the Kingdom City, the city that will be built around the tower, were discussed as well.

http://www.kingdomtowerskyscraper.com/
K.S.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #5779
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

that's good news.

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

K.S.A liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #5780
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.A View Post
Works on Kingdom Tower going as planned

The Jeddah Economic Company that was founded for the purpose of building the tower held its fourth board meeting. In it, plans related to the Kingdom City, the city that will be built around the tower, were discussed as well.

http://www.kingdomtowerskyscraper.com/
After visiting that link it is good news to know that things are going according to plans.

Now, the price-tag for the construction of that building is something I am a bit sceptical of. Will $1.200.000.000 (1.2 billion dollars) be enough to construct such a massive building as KTJ? I will be waiting for an answer with all enthusiasm.

friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest