daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM   #6101
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #6102
cilindr0

Likes (Received): 724

At least they can be turned on at night

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
cilindr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:50 PM   #6103
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
I don't like oil money skyscrapers. This is one of them. Megatall made of Petroleum money.
There is no spirit in this tower even though it's going to be the tallest on earth. Too bad, too sad.

Thank for stopping by and letting us know. Perhaps though, next time do your research on how much of this tower is actually funded by, as you put it, "Oil money". It's funny how people think that because a Skyscraper is being built in Saudi Arabia, it has to be with oil money I guess Chinese Skyscrapers are built with Noodle money then, right?

It could be built with Drug money or even Sweat Shop money and I wouldn't give a shit. As long as it gets built
Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:35 PM   #6104
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post
I guess Chinese Skyscrapers are built with Noodle money then, right?
The current strong economy of China talks. That's something. They need those supertalls for office space ect..

They are funded by giant companies for a reason. Things mostly revolve around economy. It's clear. Even though I won't give China as an example.

Look at the states. We don't need to build a 3000 f tower to boast and brag. But we indeed build a 1500 f tower for a clear purpose. We have
the need of office space and that's why we build vertical. It's related to strong economy. That's how skyscrapers started to spread in America and other big economies on a later stage (Japan, Germany, GB, France, ect..).

All those towers developed in the desert are built for one reason: Bragging...

I won't appreciate that.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:14 PM   #6105
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Germany? GB? France? Those countries are lightyears behind the US or Asian countries when it comes to skyscrapers, despite being strong economies

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:16 PM   #6106
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3182

Quote:
The current strong economy of China talks. That's something. They need those supertalls for office space ect..

They are funded by giant companies for a reason. Things mostly revolve around economy. It's clear. Even though I won't give China as an example.

Look at the states. We don't need to build a 3000 f tower to boast and brag. But we indeed build a 1500 f tower for a clear purpose. We have
the need of office space and that's why we build vertical. It's related to strong economy. That's how skyscrapers started to spread in America and other big economies on a later stage (Japan, Germany, GB, France, ect..).

All those towers developed in the desert are built for one reason: Bragging...

I won't appreciate that.
What an utter moron you are! Saudis economy is growing very fast in part to a diversified economy. Kingdom holdings the developer behind this project isn't even an oil company. So before you get on your daddy's computer and talk big. Do some research!!!
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:00 PM   #6107
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Germany? GB? France? Those countries are lightyears behind the US or Asian countries when it comes to skyscrapers, despite being strong economies
Tall towers were built in Europe before they were actually built in Asia (except Japan). Then the asian tigers (China, Hong kong, Singapour, South Korea ect..) started to build over 200 m in the early 80's.

This trend of oily skyscrapers started in the gulf area until the early 90's. When things started to ease and money started to flow like never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
What an utter moron you are!
That's not a good way, or better say, a civilized way to debate.
I'm surprised that it came from you! Anyways, watch your mouth please. This is a respected place for respected people. You are free to give your opinion, but please refrain from using bad words. Thanks!
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:04 PM   #6108
skyscraperhighrise

Likes (Received): 1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post
Thank for stopping by and letting us know. Perhaps though, next time do your research on how much of this tower is actually funded by, as you put it, "Oil money". It's funny how people think that because a Skyscraper is being built in Saudi Arabia, it has to be with oil money I guess Chinese Skyscrapers are built with Noodle money then, right?

It could be built with Drug money or even Sweat Shop money and I wouldn't give a shit. As long as it gets built
Miami was built with drug money and the middle east was built with oil money.

Democrips and rebloodlicans aka democrats and republicans, two wings of the same bird of prey

thankfully i'm a libertarian constitutionalist.

#standwithrand

R.I.P. QuantumX, you will never be forgotten.

skyscraperhighrise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #6109
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Rody we could really use some update from you, cause this thread's falling apart without them
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:31 PM   #6110
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3182

Quote:
Tall towers were built in Europe before they were actually built in Asia (except Japan). Then the asian tigers (China, Hong kong, Singapour, South Korea ect..) started to build over 200 m in the early 80's.

This trend of oily skyscrapers started in the gulf area until the early 90's. When things started to ease and money started to flow like never.

I'm surprised that it came from you! Anyways, watch your mouth please. This is a respected place for respected people. You are free to give your opinion, but please refrain from using bad words. Thanks!
I do apologize. Its that I just get angry when people call out a culture for trying to be something their not, while another culture does something because they have to, and the other culture is doing it show off. Culture A > culture B. I hope you catch my drift.
If a company has money and they want to build great building, more power to them. As a skyscraper fan I think it wonderful!

ChuckScraperMiami#1, old_smithy liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:54 PM   #6111
Maisonette
BANNED

Likes (Received): 109

I hope the Kingdom Tower don´t stay alone. Is there some masterplan ( city ) around this tower ?

Maisonette no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:29 AM   #6112
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Yup, they call it Kingdom City and it's a massive cluster of skyscrapers and highrises

K.S.A, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:39 AM   #6113
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:

You are deliberately trolling here. KSA got natural resources and they're utilizing it. Are you here to watch skyscrapers or judge other countries' economies? Please ignore this thread if you dislike this country so much. Each nation knows well how it should operate, so kindly stop being a hater and get a life. You're polluting this thread with irrelevant and disdainful remarks
Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:17 AM   #6114
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

If somebody hates this tower so much because of the purpose, maybe they should convince the developers to instead build 2 story office lowrises for miles upon end, wasting space for future development and giving zero publicity for the city and its business. That would be more interesting, right?

ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:01 AM   #6115
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Rody we could really use some update from you, cause this thread's falling apart without them
Patrykus, Our SSC Family Friends, Rody69 Our SSC Family Photo Friend is coming with Fresh new Picture Updates of the Kingdom Tower site very soon in October, Next Month , He can only get past the gate when He can probably with permission, But Believe Me , He will get us a Great Info and Great pictures like he did for us back on August 12, 2013, In This Thread , please look back at His videos and pictures in # 5892 and # 5895 of this thread. Thanks All our SSC Family Friends !!
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:31 AM   #6116
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Shourov View Post
You are deliberately trolling here. KSA got natural resources and they're utilizing it. Are you here to watch skyscrapers or judge other countries' economies? Please ignore this thread if you dislike this country so much. Each nation knows well how it should operate, so kindly stop being a hater and get a life. You're polluting this thread with irrelevant and disdainful remarks
Who shares his own views and opinions about the tower is trolling? What kind of mentality is that? I don't have to praise the tower so I can be able to post here. I'm free to say whatever I want to say as long as it sticks to the topic. Enough said.

There are a lot of human right violations, poverty (and in a massive rise), in addition to other social problems.
For a country that has such huge natural resources, these types of third world countries issues shouldn't be a problem anymore. But well, they are in another race, if you get what I mean .
Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:57 AM   #6117
ombeck

Likes (Received): 2

I think for the Saudis, its also an important regional statement of strength. I'm sure overtaking the Burj over in Dubai is going to make them look strong. They don't care about human rights violations in the slightest. This tower is going to deflect attention even more from social issues in the country.
ombeck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:08 PM   #6118
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1140

It seems that this building is attracting more political and human rights activists than Ryugyong and Abraj al-Bait combined.

K.S.A, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
krkseg1ops está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM   #6119
EmilyA
Sellwell Small Appliances

Likes (Received): 6

Tall building.dose it also give people high pressure?I wonder.

EmilyA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:45 PM   #6120
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyA View Post
Tall building.dose it also give people high pressure?I wonder.
What are you talking about?
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest