daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 27th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #6381
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
well the model render combined with render, both of which you posted last page indicate there indeed are no underground floors. the model render shows only the two or so floors under the entrance and then the piling and on the render we can see that this base is above ground. so if the renders are to be reliable there will be no underground floors.
But then STR says the first floor starts at 5,9m and it's not the B2 floor, so it bothers me how 2 sublevels and big ass fat raft foundation could fit into 6 meters below the entrance without excavation? Something is definitely not right here
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by patrykus; October 27th, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #6382
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

the foundation might be below ground then maybe, but the B floors aren't

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #6383
patrykus

Still putting 2 floors in 6 meters would be like

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old October 27th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #6384
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

don't be such a malkovich about this

Old October 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #6385
patrykus

malkovich

Old October 27th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #6386
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

the sticky out observation deck always looked rather out of place, but in that wooden model you can see how it fits to the curve of the three wings and it actually isn't that out of place looking.

Old October 27th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #6387
patrykus

I personally don't care much about the aesthetics of it but I can't wait to see how they are going install that thing so high up. Except the spire it will be one of the most interesting moments in the construction timeline imo.

Old October 27th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #6388
K.S.A
Jeddah Tower Lover

Likes (Received): 4363

how many mechanical floors ?

K.S.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #6389
patrykus

Here is a very rough estimation for you. If we say each tall floor on this model is mechanical floor then we get 14 mech floors. Of course there will be also a lot of equipment in the spire so the actual number could be bigger. But 14 is more or less the number of regular mechanical floors.

EDIT Adding STR's info that there will be 10 mech levels above the last occupied floor that would make 22 mech floors for the whole tower.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, swatded, Alex_64, M0S liked this post

Last edited by patrykus; October 27th, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #6390
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
But then STR says the first floor starts at 5,9m and it's not the B2 floor, so it bothers me how 2 sublevels and big ass fat raft foundation could fit into 6 meters below the entrance without excavation? Something is definitely not right here
B2 is at -7.5m first floor is at +5.9m, which has B1 and B2 averaging 6.7m.

Quote:
Here is a very rough estimation for you. If we say each tall floor on this model is mechanical floor then we get 14 mech floors. Of course there will be also a lot of equipment in the spire so the actual number could be bigger. But 14 is more or less the number of regular mechanical floors.

EDIT Adding STR's info that there will be 10 mech levels above the last occupied floor that would make 22 mech floors for the whole tower.
7 above the top occupied floor. They skip numbers, remember? That model shows 8 floors. It could be either. That model and my info aren't very different.

Last edited by STR; October 27th, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #6391
patrykus

So you are saying none of this is no longer true?

Quote:
Once the piles are in, there is no excavation. The 4-m-deep mat is one level above grade. That means no digging down into the water table—which is close to the surface because of the proximity to the Red Sea—and no dewatering. "We couldn't get big enough pumps to dewater the site. It would have been like trying to dewater the sea," said Peter Weismantle.
That still doesn't add up because our insider from Jeddah (Rody) reported that construction of raft foundation could start as soon as november 2013, but from what you are saying they first need to make 10 meters deep excavation. I guess soon we will see what info was more accurate...

Last edited by patrykus; October 27th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #6392
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

For the record, the place where I got this was not the same place I got the model photo.

Old October 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #6393
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
You're confusing my information for the bucket of fish heads on your desk. Now,I don't know why you have a bucket of fishheads, but I'm not one to judge. So while I can't fix your odor problem, I can give you proof. Tom in Chicago saw the same document I did, but he actually took pictures.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=371

Thanks For This Website !! STR, Our SSC family Friend, This Is Great , Could Help Many here get the Accurate Information, This is very close to 1007 Meters For Sure,
All Our SSC family Friends , This is a Great source of Information,
Check the website !!
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #6394
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Chicago View Post
I should have posted something here too so sorry for the late news. . .

. . .

Thanks Again TOM in Chicago, Our SSC Family Friend, Here is the website all !!! This is Great Information of the Whole Kingdom Tower from over 2 Years of Planning and design !!!
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #6395
patrykus

Quote:

For the record, the place where I got this was not the same place I got the model photo.
So it seems it was true at some point. But I also don't think Peter Weismantle an high level executive at S&G would lie in the interview so I guess what he said about no excavation was true too, again, at some point. You said you don't work on the project so the question is how old is your intel. The interview I quoted is from 2012 so maybe it's more recent. Who knows..

Old October 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #6396
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayzoon View Post
prince al-waleed himself said that it will be MORE THAN 1000m . Then, how would it be 442*2 (LESS THAN 1000m) while the architect said that it will be as twice the height of sears tower. So, the question now is .. What is the EXACT height of sears tower (not the roof) ??? [remember it must be > 500m]

I've got it 527m from wikipedia :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_Tower

Sorry, maybe you two thought I was meaning the roof !!

I think everyone have got my idea after this ..
Thanks Fayzoon , Our SSC Family Friend, Here's more proof its over 1000 Meters for sure, The Prince Says it and It will be Built Over 1000 Meters !!
I say with a few Delays, we'll see this Tower Completed in 2020, and Opened to the public on 2021 !!
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #6397
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Quote:
So it seems it was true at some point. But I also don't think Peter Weismantle an high level executive at S&G would lie in the interview so I guess what he said about no excavation was true too, again, at some point. You said you don't work on the project so the question is how old is your intel. The interview I quoted is from 2012 so maybe it's more recent. Who knows..
My data would be, at minimum, from the 2012 period, which is roughly when the design was finalized. It is similar, but different in detail, from the old photos Tom in Chicago posted. However, you're reading to much into the numbering system. There are any number or reasons why they picked the zero point they did, including that the number was relevant in a previous design iteration and has nothing to do with the building as it will be built.

What you should take away is that this building probably won't be listed as 1007m. It will either be 1000.1m, as measured from the ground floor to the tip, 1006m as measured from some lower point on the first floor (main entrance may be lower than the main floor if there is an internal staircase, for example) it may also be 1013.575m measured from a concourse level two floors below the main entrance.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Swiddle liked this post
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #6398
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
wow 1007m? awesome
roof=680m
thats a 327m spire?
tower base measures 107m wide.
ill have to draw up a comparison to Burk khalifa.
Very Close Indeed CULWULLA, Our SSC Family Friend, And the Top Floor # 167 IMO, is the Prince's Own Pent House Level with the Open Observation Deck at the Same Height and Floor Level, the Mechanical Floors are Lower than that, There's Nothing but an empty Tower straight Up from There IMO, I'm guessing now
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #6399
patrykus

Quote:
My data would be, at minimum, from the 2012 period, which is roughly when the design was finalized. It is similar, but different in detail, from the old photos Tom in Chicago posted. However, you're reading to much into the numbering system. There are any number or reasons why they picked the zero point they did, including that the number was relevant in a previous design iteration and has nothing to do with the building as it will be built.

What you should take away is that this building probably won't be listed as 1007m. It will either be 1000.1m, as measured from the ground floor to the tip, 1006m as measured from some lower point on the first floor (main entrance may be lower than the main floor if there is an internal staircase, for example) it may also be 1013.575m measured from a concourse level two floors below the main entrance.
STR I don't care about the height I just want to know if there is massive excavation ahead of us or not. There are some sources saying there will be none and the raft foundation will just sit on the ground, and some (You) that there will be. All in all I'm willing believe in the former.

Old October 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #6400
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

When did I ever say there was going to be excavation? You're making a big assumption based on something I never said. The word I used was "sublevel", which in case English is not your native language, "sublevel" just means "level below". In this case, two levels below the first floor, which we can all assume contains the main entrance, which usually is at SOME street level.

For convenience, here's my original post on the subject.
Quote:
There's 2 sublevels, the lower of the two will be about 8m below street level at the main entrance.

Last edited by STR; October 27th, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest