daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 27th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #6401
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Just don't forget taking one of these with you

Thanks So Much Patrykus, Our SSC Family Friend, I Can See the Prince Now on His Observation Tower Plate eating a Subway 5 dollar Foot long with Ham, Turkey, Salami, Roast Beef, and Cheese with extra pickle and small Olives !!
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #6402
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
When did I ever say there was going to be excavation? You're making a big assumption based on something I never said. The word I used was "sublevel", which in case English is not your native language, "sublevel" just means "level below". In this case, two levels below the first floor, which we can all assume contains the main entrance, which usually is at SOME street level.

For convenience, here's my original post on the subject.
Well sorry buddy but my questions were straight forward right from the begging.

Quote:
Quote:
There's 2 sublevels, the lower of the two will be about 8m below street level at the main entrance.

But those sublevels will be located above ground, right?
But you were ditching straight answer till now. Simple yes would be the end of the discussion. After all how should I know something marked -7m on the plans is above or belove th ground? That was the question addressed to you. Track the discussion up and you'll see more people got confused.

Anyway I'm glad we finally sorted this out. So everything is above ground then.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by patrykus; October 27th, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #6403
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

One, you don't "ditch" answers to questions.

Two, I answered your question directly. If you're confused, that's on you for not reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
Quote:
But those sublevels will be located above ground, right? The entrance will be located on a little artificial hill (with sub levels inside) meaning no excavation required.
I don't have anything on the podium.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=6372

For future clarification:
  • My info is on the tower itself.
  • It dates from the time the tower design was finalized in 2012.
  • The 1007m figure is out-of-date.
  • There are 3 possible official heights for the final design: 1000.1m, 1006m, or 1013.575m depending on where they start measuring. It is not 3 separate designs, the final design has been frozen for almost a year.
  • There are two sublevels.
  • I still don't have any information on the podium or most individual floors.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Yaghuth liked this post

Last edited by STR; October 27th, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #6404
patrykus

Ok just for the sake of this thread just answer yes or no (or don't no) to this question:

Will there be any excavation here for the bottom raft foundation?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old October 27th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #6405
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

I'm starting to remember why I left here and SSP.

Old October 27th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #6406
patrykus

Is it really that hard for you to give straight answer? If you don't know that particular info that's fine too.

Old October 27th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #6407
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
I'm starting to remember why I left here and SSP.

STR, Our SSC Family Friend, No Need To get mad At Him, It's fine People Sometimes Have Many questions on these threads, Don't Leave!!
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #6408
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

You're copying ChuckScraperMiami#1 now, ThatOneGuy, Our SSC Family Friend,

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

ChuckScraperMiami#1, L.A.F.2. liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #6409
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Don't Leave!!
You sure our ssc family friend? It isn't really productive when as an answer for one simple thing you get everything but not what you were actually asking for

Old October 27th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #6410
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
You sure our ssc family friend? It isn't really productive when as an answer for one simple thing you get everything but not what you were actually asking for
Patrykus, Our SSC Family Friend, I just Needed Something To Use To Comment In this Style
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #6411
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

Yes we all should be ssc family friends again and stop guessing around. the only way to find out for sure if there will be excavating will be waiting we will see what happens, can't be too far away anyway. also what the final height will be will be unclear for a few more years i suppose with or without levels underground.

KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #6412
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Quote:
Is it really that hard for you to give straight answer? If you don't know that particular info that's fine too.
Stop being obtuse. You have your answer.
Old October 28th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #6413
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

So sorry for jumping in late to this but it seems like this is settled.

Once the piling is done, then they'll cast the foundation mat. Levels B2 / B1 will be built on that but side-walled or covered in by part of the podium or landscaping it'd seem. The third level up is Level 1, Ground level or whatever the main entrance is.

So it seems to be that yes, there are "sub levels" ie. the levels below the first floor. Just that these sub levels are not underground.

If Level 1 is +~6m and change and Level B2 is at -7.6M and change, then yeah I see that that'd be a tight 3M per floor, with slab thickness accounted for or maybe less. Suitable but kind of low ceiling (but good enough for storage perhaps).

But to where +/- 0 is, it could be AMSL, a given datum line, a built up mound made just for the tower, or any other value. I don't see any indicator of reference to grade or sea level so I figure that plan is out of date or the image cropper was being very selective about what was shown. They could also be skipping B1 entirely and having a deep B2 level for mechanical systems or something.

If they're saying all along no excavation, then that seems to be the way it is. Slab, first floor, second floor, except they're not quite naming them in that order.

Will be neat to see this start shooting up as soon as the foundation is done though!
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #6414
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
Yes we all should be ssc family friends again and stop guessing around. the only way to find out for sure if there will be excavating will be waiting
No kidding Although putting aside this late misinformation I'm 100% positive the scenario as described by The-Real-Link is the right one.

1. We have official sources saying the raft foundation goes on the ground.
2. We have people from the construction site (Rody) who confirm that.
3. All the renders also suggest sublevels being above the ground.
4. Excavation would be done before pilling, like with Burj Khalifa, if there was going to be any. Moving all the machinery and temporary housing now to make space for it would make no sense.

So yeah I'm pretty positive this thing will rise soon

Old October 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #6415
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

If they finish will pilling next month we'll see more visible progress soon
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #6416
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

I'll drink for that

giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #6417
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
If Level 1 is +~6m and change and Level B2 is at -7.6M and change, then yeah I see that that'd be a tight 3M per floor, with slab thickness accounted for or maybe less. Suitable but kind of low ceiling (but good enough for storage perhaps).
Jesus Christ, you people are bad at reading. (5.9+7.6)/2=6.75m average height for B1 and B2.

And yes, I cropped the hell out of the scan. It's a cutaway of the whole tower with annotations.

4npower, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #6418
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
B2 is at -7.5m first floor is at +5.9m, which has B1 and B2 averaging 6.7m.

4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #6419
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Heh. To be fair, I was quite distracted making that post.

Sorry, I forgot to say EACH. Sheesh. I think my mind had the numbers right but IDK why I was thinking 6.7 total. Whoops.

Anyway have fun for the next week or couple as I'm out on business. Hoping to see this rise soon enough. Thanks for the info STR.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Alex_64 liked this post
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #6420
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Jesus Christ, you people are bad at reading. (5.9+7.6)/2=6.75m average height for B1 and B2.

And yes, I cropped the hell out of the scan. It's a cutaway of the whole tower with annotations.
Stop being so perfect. Which no one is.

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest