daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #6421
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
Heh. To be fair, I was quite distracted making that post.

Sorry, I forgot to say EACH. Sheesh. I think my mind had the numbers right but IDK why I was thinking 6.7 total. Whoops.

Anyway have fun for the next week or couple as I'm out on business. Hoping to see this rise soon enough. Thanks for the info STR.
To be honest I can't care less about the height of the sublevels. From this plan it's obvious they are ~6m each, but it gives no information about the most interesting thing which is the (real) ground level directly impacting the necessity of excavation. For that we have to rely on other sources.

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #6422
patrykus

From what we know it should be like that:

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old October 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #6423
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

Almost 2 million views for this thread and it has yet to rise!

Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #6424
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Almost 2 million views for this thread and it has yet to rise!
Still a few months to wait
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #6425
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
Heh. To be fair, I was quite distracted making that post.

Sorry, I forgot to say EACH. Sheesh. I think my mind had the numbers right but IDK why I was thinking 6.7 total. Whoops.

Anyway have fun for the next week or couple as I'm out on business. Hoping to see this rise soon enough. Thanks for the info STR.
Yeah, you didn't deserve my harshness. I apologize. It was directed more at the other guy, who's now on my ignore list so that shouldn't be an issue from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkYsCrApEr2013 View Post
Stop being so perfect. Which no one is.
Expecting minimal reading comprehension isn't expecting perfection. So you can call me a hypocrite if and when I rail on someone while misstating their obvious prior statements.

Now does someone have a serious question, or does everyone want to continue with this high school crap?

ChuckScraperMiami#1, fast_fokker liked this post
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #6426
Daireon
The lunatic is in my head

Likes (Received): 5553

No updates?

Daireon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #6427
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

ChuckScraperMiami#1, jackedi07, LeCom liked this post
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #6428
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireon View Post
No updates?

Yes !!, 1 Month Ago Today, Daireon, Our SSC Family Friend,
Please Go to On This Same Thread POST # 6184 , only 12 pages back for sure page # 13, lol
, September 29th, 2013 For the Best over 30 pictures Update With the Tower Construction Crane Up and Running , All By Rody69, Our SSC Family Update Photo and Video Friend,
Please GO There at that Post # 6184 and Give Him a " Like " Please , He deserves it, and He'll be back with More Updates at the End of November with a Great Update For December !!
ChuckScraperMiami#1 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #6429
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireon View Post
No updates?
I think we'll get one more update from rody this year, which would be enough. The interesting part of the construction starts next year
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #6430
patrykus

I think the raft foundation could eventually start this year. But I agree we could use some real update for a change.

For what it's worth I set an alert on followyourworld google app for the tower location so as soon as there is new imagery I'll share with you all. There was no update from google earth for a while now so guess we can expect something soon.

ibib, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #6431
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Thanks STR .

Yeah I'm pretty patient so for something like this in the early stages, we get an update when we get an update. No telling how long it may be but sooner is always nice. Granted that does make for a pretty dull discussion thread until above ground construction starts proper but I suppose to each their own.

The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #6432
Riyadh Crusher

Likes (Received): 2295

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
Can u post a bigger size image....???
Old November 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM   #6433
Daireon
The lunatic is in my head

Likes (Received): 5553

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckScraperMiami#1 View Post

Yes !!, 1 Month Ago Today, Daireon, Our SSC Family Friend,
Please Go to On This Same Thread POST # 6184 , only 12 pages back for sure page # 13, lol
, September 29th, 2013 For the Best over 30 pictures Update With the Tower Construction Crane Up and Running , All By Rody69, Our SSC Family Update Photo and Video Friend,
Please GO There at that Post # 6184 and Give Him a " Like " Please , He deserves it, and He'll be back with More Updates at the End of November with a Great Update For December !!
Thanks! I didn't see those pictures before, great update!

Still doesn't look like the site for such a massive tower though! Lets wait for more pictures XD

Daireon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:23 AM   #6434
Imster

Likes (Received): 12

This tower will be worth the wait and as usual the middle east will sent the bench mark on the height on the super tall towers. I am sure the Chinese will have a blueprint for a 3000ft + tower in up and coming years. The design of this tower is unique and will set the stage for to expand and regenerate the area which is what the Burj Khalifa has done. Jeddah will be the next Abu Dhabi & Dubai - build them and they will come
Imster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:36 AM   #6435
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imster View Post
This tower will be worth the wait and as usual the middle east will sent the bench mark on the height on the super tall towers. I am sure the Chinese will have a blueprint for a 3000ft + tower in up and coming years. The design of this tower is unique and will set the stage for to expand and regenerate the area which is what the Burj Khalifa has done. Jeddah will be the next Abu Dhabi & Dubai - build them and they will come
No offense to Jeddah but no city on earth can achieve what the UAE especially Dubai has achieved in the same amount of time, even with a 1000m+ tower. UAE will come back with another tallest building once they set the final height of the Kingdom Tower and even if it didn't no Middle eastern city could compete with Dubai in terms of development/time.

that being said, I am not trying to be offensive, it is just my opinion, plus I really am excited for this tower and I do love it anw

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Emarati2009 liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:44 AM   #6436
doudousouli

Likes (Received): 14

any pictures of what's going on site ?

doudousouli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 08:13 AM   #6437
conservation

Likes (Received): 37

update pic please.

conservation no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM   #6438
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservation View Post
update pic please.
I guess rody will take some pics in the next weeks, until then you won't miss anything
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:01 PM   #6439
getroy

Likes (Received): 2587

New 'tallest tower in the world' will be built in Dubai: Emaar Chairman Alabbar

Quote:
Ambitions of the emirate cited as the reason behind Emaar choosing to build new tower in emirate

By Staff

Published Sunday, November 03, 2013

Dubai is currently home to 828-metre-high Burj Khalifa, the tallest tower in the world, nestled in a district rated as one of the costliest in the world. (Supplied)

Dubai is far from ready to relinquish its status as home to the world’s tallest tower.

Emaar Properties Chairman Mohammed Ali Alabbar has once again reiterated that a new tallest skyscraper in the world will be built in Dubai.

“Emaar plans to build the tallest skyscraper in the world in Dubai,” Alabbar was quoted as saying in an interview to CNN, on the sidelines of launching of a $3 billion development in Arbil, the capital of Iraq's Kurdistan region.

Dubai is currently home to 828-metre-high Burj Khalifa, the tallest tower in the world, nestled in a district rated as one of the costliest in the world. Alabbar, however, refused to disclose the height of the new tower.

Alabbar cited the great ambitions of the emirate as the reason behind Emaar choosing to build the new tallest tower in Dubai.
In May, 2013, the Emaar Chairman had said that Dubai can accommodate a tower taller than Burj Khalifa.

Speaking at a conference in Dubai at the time, Alabbar said he’s considering building a tower which will be taller than the Kingdom Tower, which is currently under construction in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Kingdom Tower, which is currently under construction, is set to overtake Burj Khalifa to become the world’s tallest by 2017-2018.
"Technology has really improved the value of tall buildings which are really important commercially.
“We have learned how to make money out of tall buildings."

Besides Burj Khalifa, Dubai is home to the tallest residential tower (Princess Tower), the tallest hotel in the world (JW Marriott Marquis) and the tallest building with a 90degree twist (Cayan Tower).

Emporis, a global provider of building information, data reveals Dubai has 909 high-rise buildings, including 448 skyscrapers (comprising 40 floors or more).
http://www.emirates247.com/news/new-...11-03-1.526756

4npower, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
getroy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM   #6440
tuthanpda

Likes (Received): 2

very nice

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Alex_64 liked this post
tuthanpda no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest