daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #6921
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2609

Quote:
Originally Posted by wespje1990 View Post
So they are building the worlds tallest structure in History (in some sketchy oil state), and there are no websites from architects or developers with news/updates/pictures around on the whole entire ******* worldwideweb what so ever.

No..the only source we have some dude climbing some mountain....

It just smells fishy as ****.

Besides that, it (or not anything at all) is not UC, its barely in prep.

This was mentioned like 1 billion times already but I will repeat it once more for you.

1. We had plenty of news articles from trustworthy sources, especially one from the piling contractor BAUER and the other one from the formwork contractor DOKA (just one week ago).

2. We also saw several updates during the piling works and it was obvious they made progress there.

3. Piles are a substantial part of the structure of a skyscraper. So they are working on the building itself, and this means U/C and not PREP or anything.

Just read the freakin thread and get your facts straight before you start to spread this s***.

ZZ-II, iamtheSTIG, PoetraDaerah liked this post
Dubai Skyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #6922
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Skyscraper View Post
Back in the days, we had nearly no updates from Burj Dubai until it was several floors above the ground. And Burj Dubai is located right in the heart of Dubai, unlike Kindom Tower which is much further outside Jeddah.
And there will be skyscraper fans who take more frequent updates as soon as it becomes visible from the fence. For now, even when the raft is already poured there is nothing to be seen from the fence yet.
Actually since the raft foundation should top out several meters above the ground something significant should be visible even from the fence. Anyway I'm not complaining just saying it's sad. After all, all this forum is about are construction reports and I'm pretty sure that if this tower was to rise in america, europe or asia (china, korea, etc), we'd have live coverage instead of pages of spam. Actually I too would be after closing this thread till the next update. Normally I wouldn't support such an idea but this case is quite extreme and when it's reopened we would be sure there's some real news inside.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #6923
HiJazzey
Come on!

Likes (Received): 194

To be fair, it is a particularly difficult site to photograph. the tower is about 700m from the nearest perimeter wall and there are no highrises nearby to take photos from. If it was in central Jeddah it would've been easy.
HiJazzey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #6924
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Skyscraper View Post
Just read the freakin thread and get your facts straight before you start to spread this s***.
Just ignore the trolls. They will stop commenting when this is rising.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #6925
ANDRETO
♥ Living & loving! ♥

Likes (Received): 1671

Just a nice pic to refresh the thread and renew our faith it'll star rising soon.

Serge Latouche
________________________________________________________________________________
The World is big enough to satisfy everyone's needs, but will always be too small to satisfy individual greed.
Mahatma Gandhi
ANDRETO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #6926
Kanzyo Oliveira
1908 - ∞

Likes (Received): 619

In my view, the structural form wasted much the use of the tower.
Sure, it's a hyper-1000m tall, and the largest in the world. But the mixed use could be even higher for its dimensions.

1 9 0 8 - ∞
Kanzyo Oliveira no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 10:48 PM   #6927
DerFlo4711

Likes (Received): 6

Wonder what the view would be like from 1007m. I already found the Burj to be jaw-dropping.
DerFlo4711 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 12:47 AM   #6928
Kanzyo Oliveira
1908 - ∞

Likes (Received): 619

Too.

1 9 0 8 - ∞
Kanzyo Oliveira no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #6929
MichalHajek

Likes (Received): 49

THIS PROJECT HAS NO POINT AND ITS JUST RIDICULOUS.
(That is my opinion.)

- I don't know whom it will serve, why its even being built.
- Its just one prince's dream to show everybody his wealth and success (and even this is to be considered, as even Forbes has emphasized his ridiculous effort to bubble up his wealth via phonecalls to Forbes office and bribes)
- It won't be financially viable I think, Jeddah is not Dubai to capitalize on the city's value-added environment
- Burj Khalifa is a tower for everybody, everybody can see it and visit it, Saudi Arabia is an extreme example of a cleric country with no tourism at all (execept the religious one)

YES, the design is awesome, but still I don't like it, because it has no broader message behind it and Saudi Arabia is for me a country that still lives in medieval age.
MichalHajek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #6930
BlackLukes

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHajek View Post
(That is my opinion.)

- Its just one prince's dream to show everybody his wealth and success (and even this is to be considered, as even Forbes has emphasized his ridiculous effort to bubble up his wealth via phonecalls to Forbes office and bribes)
- It won't be financially viable I think, Jeddah is not Dubai to capitalize on the city's value-added environment
- Burj Khalifa is a tower for everybody, everybody can see it and visit it, Saudi Arabia is an extreme example of a cleric country with no tourism at all (execept the religious one)

YES, the design is awesome, but still I don't like it, because it has no broader message behind it and Saudi Arabia is for me a country that still lives in medieval age.
It delivers daily meals to the employees and investors of Doka, Bauer and the other international groups involved in the project. Middle eastern companies and governments should consider investing in education and help developing local engineering firms...

Milan StreetView - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

MichalHajek liked this post
BlackLukes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #6931
MichalHajek

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Züri View Post
You do realise you are speaking about the largest economy in the ME. An Economy that happens to compete with the top-20 economies globally. An economy of this size justifies developments of this magnitude.
Women’s suffrage was achieved in the USA in (1920) - have a look at New York’s building boom that same era.

well sir, that was quite a constructive comment, this has a logic

but still, USA was an open country at that era, on contrary, the Kingdom is anything but open (and open-minded)
MichalHajek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #6932
tinyslam

Likes (Received): 893

Yes I don't think KSA is experiencing the kinds of immigration that the USA had prior and up to the '20s
tinyslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:28 PM   #6933
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLukes View Post
It delivers daily meals to the employees and investors of Doka, Bauer and the other international groups involved in the project. Middle eastern companies and governments should consider investing in education and help developing local engineering firms...
And you should give up on pasta, pizza .... and also the mirror you check yourself up 24/7
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:49 PM   #6934
BlackLukes

Likes (Received): 18

Between pasta and pizza we're enlarging the Panama Canal, building Doha metro and other big infrastructure projects, but it's wasn't meant to be a personal attack. Your reaction seems to be coming from a lack of argumentations.

I was pointing out the need of local technical know-how, given the huge investments on Real Estates. It's been a while since skyscrapers and such are being built in the Middle-East but still it needs international skills. The Saudi Arabian government is pushing on the diversification of the economy, I hope to see some expertise coming from these places.

Milan StreetView - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
BlackLukes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #6935
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHajek View Post
(That is my opinion.)

Nobody cares! It's being built regardless! Get over it! Move on! Have a nice day!

Ultros, Maximalist liked this post
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #6936
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I'll bet most people who don't like this building, for the country it's in, have western media-based opinions.

KillerZavatar, FM 2258 liked this post
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #6937
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post
Nobody cares! It's being built regardless! Get over it! Move on! Have a nice day!
Apparently some does This is the first time the guy is commenting in this thread so it's not like he's trolling with his opinion around. You two on the other hand are regularly shouting at anyone with a different opinion. Now who has to get over something buddy Lets just people express their opinion be it positive or not and this thread will be at least a little interesting

Btw if you don't agree with something you can always argue against. Just please spare us this banal populism
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:26 AM   #6938
BlueBright

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
I'll bet most people who don't like this building, for the country it's in, have western media-based opinions.
well some of us dont like it because of it having soo much vanity height that its just cheating for height

TaxiRide liked this post
BlueBright no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:08 AM   #6939
ANDRETO
♥ Living & loving! ♥

Likes (Received): 1671

Serge Latouche
________________________________________________________________________________
The World is big enough to satisfy everyone's needs, but will always be too small to satisfy individual greed.
Mahatma Gandhi

j-biz, patrykus, SkYsCrApEr2013, K.S.A, Jewish and 2 others liked this post
ANDRETO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:24 AM   #6940
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

he'll be back. Just wait.

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

Zaz965 liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest