daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 6th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #681
OmegaScrapers

Likes (Received): 3

NUUUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEincorparated View Post
What you piss yourself or something. This thing is way to tall, why not just let Barg Dubai have the WTB title for a little while before going for a 1K tower.
No, i went shopping for new pants
what do u think?

NijmegenCity liked this post
OmegaScrapers no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2009, 03:08 AM   #682
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Last edited by CrazyAboutCities; June 7th, 2009 at 07:50 PM.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 03:11 AM   #683
TomL-1991

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaScrapers View Post
Brb, getting new pants
*sighs* ... good humour is lost on some people!

TomL-1991 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 03:50 AM   #684
Rody69

Likes (Received): 1918

guys chill,the guy is joking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL-1991 View Post
*sighs* ... good humour is lost on some people!
you know,you are the first one to see (in this forum) from Bradford..I'm here at the moment (for few weeks) it's a really nice little place,and I think Bradford is going to look much better in the near future..
by the way, what's going on this "westfield" project between the city center and little Germany??...
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #685
TomL-1991

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
you know,you are the first one to see (in this forum) from Bradford..I'm here at the moment (for few weeks) it's a really nice little place,and I think Bradford is going to look much better in the near future..
by the way, what's going on this "westfield" project between the city center and little Germany??...
Hey there! i must say i'm quite suprised you think its nice! I do too, but thats because it's my home.. We're very freindly and kind people but i'm afraid to say the city centre, is a dump! The Westfield shopping centre which was gonna encompass most of broadway and such, has now been but on hold... it's becoming dangerously close to being cancelled infact, as a lot of the tennants have backed out. Little Germany had some cool low-mid rises going up, the likes of Gatehaus for instance but that's seemed to have come to a halt with the property slump.

Heres the link to the Bradford city centre regeneration thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...487&highlight=
Theres also a website for the project, it's got some cool designs of what it'll be like
http://uk.westfield.com/bradford/

Hope you enjoy your stay in Bradford! go see the Imax It's the best thing we've got to offer!
Anyway, I better stop talking about Bradford or i'll get my wrists slapped for being off topic!

TomL-1991 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #686
Rody69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL-1991 View Post
Hey there! i must say i'm quite suprised you think its nice! I do too, but thats because it's my home.. We're very freindly and kind people but i'm afraid to say the city centre, is a dump! The Westfield shopping centre which was gonna encompass most of broadway and such, has now been but on hold... it's becoming dangerously close to being cancelled infact, as a lot of the tennants have backed out. Little Germany had some cool low-mid rises going up, the likes of Gatehaus for instance but that's seemed to have come to a halt with the property slump.

Heres the link to the Bradford city centre regeneration thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...487&highlight=
Theres also a website for the project, it's got some cool designs of what it'll be like
http://uk.westfield.com/bradford/

Hope you enjoy your stay in Bradford! go see the Imax It's the best thing we've got to offer!
Anyway, I better stop talking about Bradford or i'll get my wrists slapped for being off topic!

thanks for the linkes
by the way,,
I really liked the Imax and the TV museum
Old June 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #687
Rody69

whatta a weekend!!!
as I said before,the great news is in the summer

UPDATE

Emaar is the developer for kingdom city and tower, and they have started working on:
-master planning.
-traffic study.
-environment and updating market research.
-ground works

13 June 2009

Prince Alwaleed: "The alliance between Kingdom Holding Company & EMAAR is strategic"

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company, on behalf Jeddah Economic Company signed a joint venture with Mr. Mohammed bin Ali Al Abbar, Chairman of EMAAR Properties on behalf of EMAAR.

The signing was attended by Kingdom Holding's Board and Investment Committee members, Eng. Talal Al Maiman, Executive Director for Development and Domestic Investments, and Mr. Shadi Sanbar of Kingdom Holding, CFO and Mr. V.K Gomber CEO of EMAAR.
The signing took place at Kingdom Company offices in Riyadh.
Prince Alwaleed commented: "The alliance between Kingdom Holding Company & EMAAR is strategic".

EMAAR are in charge of developing and supervising the construction of Jeddah Kingdom City land and Kingdom Tower, the highest in the world. EMAAR was selected by Kingdom Holding Company from 5 other international developers, for their previous proven experience in the development of mega projects, their knowledge of the area and social setup. EMAAR was able to bring together an experienced team within a week from the signing to work on the development, master planning, traffic study, environment and updating market research and commencement of ground work. Furthermore, the preliminary license was obtained and the EMAAR team is working closely and in co-ordination with the Jeddah municipality.

Engineer Talal Al Maiman, commented: "Through the continuous guidance of HRH Prince Alwaleed, KHC uses its resources to their utmost potential to lead to outstanding achievements and to make future visions a reality through leading and challenging projects. I have all the confidence that the return on investments of these projects will be very rewarding (God willing), as KHC's previous projects have been in Riyadh."

In October last year, King Abdullah, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques unveiled and inaugurated the two colossal projects of Kingdom City in Jeddah and Kingdom Tower in Jeddah in the presence of HRH Crown Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz, HRH Prince Khaled Alfaisal Governor of Makkah Province, Prince Alwaleed and Eng. Adel Muhammad Faqih, Mayor of Jeddah.

The unveiling of the designs and plans of the tower that will adorn the city of Jeddah and will be over 1,000 meters high, was held at the opening of a major international architectural exhibition "Towards the First World" in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. KHC was the main sponsor of this historical event.

KHC's two projects: Kingdom City and Kingdom Tower were the highlight of the exhibition with a major presentation. It was the first time the design for Kingdom City and the iconic Kingdom Tower were revealed publicly. During the event, King Abdullah and Prince Alwaleed
toured KHC's exhibition of the master plan and designs of the project with a total investment of more than SR100 billion ($ 28 billion).

King Abdullah had previously inaugurated the Kingdom Tower in Riyadh during which Prince Alwaleed presented the King with the awards that Kingdom Centre had received: the Best New Skyscraper of the Year 2003 for Kingdom Tower and The Innovative Design & Construction of a New Project 2003 for Al Mamalaka Mall.

Kingdom Tower is part of the Kingdom City development which will be one of the largest and most comprehensive real estate projects to be built in Saudi Arabia located at Obhur, North of the creek of Jeddah and the mountains to the east. Prominently located on a prime site, the master plan, encompassing 7.1 square kilometers. Kingdom City in Jeddah is 20 km from the old city of Jeddah near King Abdulaziz International Airport. The area that comprises of buildings is 23 million square meters includes commercial, residential, institutional, educational, entertainment, retail and hotel facilities. The centerpiece of the development will be the landmark Kingdom Tower. Kingdom City is expected to house 80,000 residents and accommodate 250,000 visitors who will enjoy its facilities; lakes, canals, water sports and other leisure activities.

Kingdom Tower's timeless beauty derives from its simplicity and purity of form. The tower will rise from a large retail and conference center podium to and include five-star hotel accommodations, office space and luxury residences that encompass dramatic, sweeping views of the Red Sea, Obhur Creek and the mountains to the east. Essentially triangular in plan, Kingdom Tower is conceived as a graceful, sculptural form that reflects not only the unique character of Jeddah but also the sky, water, and land from its taut glass skin.

Zawya
Aleqtisadiyyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zawya View Post
EMAAR was able to bring together an experienced team within a week from the signing to work on the development, master planning, traffic study, environment and updating market research and commencement of ground work. Furthermore, the preliminary license was obtained and the EMAAR team is working closely and in co-ordination with the Jeddah municipality.
so Emaar started the ground work already

Last edited by Rody69; June 13th, 2009 at 08:53 PM.
Rody69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #688
Rody69

to Mr Mod
con you do something with the title??
Old June 13th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #689
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

fantastic news can't wait

giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #690
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
so Emaar started the ground work already
So we are waiting for pictures btw, the fact that emaar is now at this project means it now become quite serious one.

Quote:
Hell, from that render it looks like it will be at least something around 1300m high
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #691
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

How many floors will it have?
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #692
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

REMOVE THIS THREAD FROM THE PROPOSED !!!!!

GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #693
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6534

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCities View Post
How many floors will it have?
no official number yet as far as i know...but you can expect 200 +

but indeed, now we need some pics of the site
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:59 AM   #694
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Emaar?
Haven't they put on hold, or almost put on hold pretty much all their projects?

malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:03 AM   #695
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Wow if this Kingdom City project goes through, the entire area of Jeddah/KAEC would be equivalent to a major economic financial center

*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #696
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
Emaar?
Emaar also has the contract to King Abdullah Economic City, and that's going fine?

*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #697
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
Emaar?
Haven't they build most expensive project on earth in recent years? If there is any developer that can do that, that is the one.
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #698
King of Construction
skyscraperized

Likes (Received): 254

If you type in Kingdom Tower or Jeddah or something like that on Google you get alot of news search results, that it'll be build. Probably that means it's for real now, if you hear something on this forum it can just as good be a rumour but if alot of news sites/papers are reporting about it, most be true it's going under construction. But maybe mods should wait a bit with putting it on U/C section until groundbreaking and stuff starts.

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:52 AM   #699
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6882

Yeah, probably just put App until we see pics, then they can change it to Prep.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 03:44 AM   #700
GeoDude
GeoDude

Likes (Received): 206

awesome! i've been waiting to see if this project was going to take off. i like the redesign too. its sleek new look is timeless.

GeoDude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest