daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 12th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #7001
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Duhhh, but it's not bein built cuz its in duh desert

4npower liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #7002
Zack Fair

Likes (Received): 755

No pics?
Zack Fair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:45 AM   #7003
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
The project is by SBG, they also built this
I think I've said several times I'm aware of that. But sbg hired bauer for actual foundation works. I'm wondering about saudi construction companies actually working on construction site not just hiring foreign subcontractors. Not saying there will be none I just still don't know about any and I'm genuinely interested what saudi companies will actually work on the construction site there. What about the main structure of the tower? Will binladin hire subcontractor for that as well or will they work on it themselves?

btw the foundation news is not exactly fresh. We know the foundation has been ready already in november. Maybe they mean the raft foundation as well?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 09:41 AM   #7004
patrykus

Since there is nobody with digital camera in jeddah to update us here's cross post from saudi section. Nothing special. Just an OLD masterplan for the kingdom city. I think that render was never posted in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saudi guy View Post
old concept for kingdom city. Click here to see the final plan.

Source
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old February 12th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #7005
Elster

Likes (Received): 1079

I saw a flying pig yesterday , maybe the building will be built in the next 50 years

wespje1990 liked this post
Elster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #7006
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6535

thx for that patrykus. I've never seen that before. Looks pretty concept indeed, and maybe for the Mile high version too.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #7007
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elster View Post
I saw a flying pig yesterday , maybe the building will be built in the next 50 years
Or maybe the next four years.

Die_Heart_Mansoor liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 05:07 AM   #7008
Virtuoso
Its time

Likes (Received): 1533

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I think I've said several times I'm aware of that. But sbg hired bauer for actual foundation works. I'm wondering about saudi construction companies actually working on construction site not just hiring foreign subcontractors. Not saying there will be none I just still don't know about any and I'm genuinely interested what saudi companies will actually work on the construction site there. What about the main structure of the tower? Will binladin hire subcontractor for that as well or will they work on it themselves?

btw the foundation news is not exactly fresh. We know the foundation has been ready already in november. Maybe they mean the raft foundation as well?
well saudi contractors did most of work on abraaj albait and most of the resources for that building will be used on this
Virtuoso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #7009
patrykus

The bauer case suggest here it could be different. Anyway abraaj is different case since it's located in Mecca. Only muslims can work there, and still even there if I remember right most advanced things like the clock was made by foreign (german?) companies.

Old February 13th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #7010
hqho1671

Likes (Received): 2860

To everyone asking for pictures this what I get if I take pictures

This is an old pictures 3 months ago
Old February 13th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #7011
patrykus

I see huge crack under the fence. Can you get closer and take some pictures trough it (best with zoom) ?

Still I really appreciate your effort. At least someone is trying.

Old February 13th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #7012
fayzoon
Fayez

Likes (Received): 2052

good news
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #7013
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2610

Quote:
I see huge crack under the fence. Can you get closer and take some pictures trough it (best with zoom) ?

Still I really appreciate your effort. At least someone is trying.
So you think we would see something when the camera is 25cm off the ground? From that distance?
Old February 13th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #7014
Onnipotente
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

I think what he means is that someone should go all rambo on that bitch.
Onnipotente no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #7015
patrykus

nah nobody have to go inside. But the hole in my opinion is at least half meter tall, and the area behind is mostly flat with no vegetation. If someone would take some pictures trough it we could most likely at least tell if they are working on raft foundation or not

Although if that was polish project I bet someone would try "crossing the border"

Old February 13th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #7016
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6535

i guess the fence is to tall to take pics above it. I'm so excitied to know what's happening on the site right now
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 09:42 PM   #7017
patrykus

We are talking about taking pictures below it Look at the second pic. There's lots of space between the ground and the fence. Plus there are gates on this plot that are see-trough.

Old February 13th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #7018
Maximalist
Only More is More

Likes (Received): 492

It would be nice if the Russian guys who climbed the Shanghai Tower and got all those great photos would make their way to Saudia Arabia. I'm sure they'd find a way to climb the fence and get some shots!
Old February 14th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #7019
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximalist View Post
It would be nice if the Russian guys who climbed the Shanghai Tower and got all those great photos would make their way to Saudia Arabia. I'm sure they'd find a way to climb the fence and get some shots!
They wouldn't be able to only enter the country.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2014, 04:15 AM   #7020
Virtuoso
Its time

Likes (Received): 1533

Quote:
The bauer case suggest here it could be different. Anyway abraaj is different case since it's located in Mecca. Only muslims can work there, and still even there if I remember right most advanced things like the clock was made by foreign (german?) companies.
So your question moved from "Will saudi companies build anything in this project?" to "will saudi companies do every single thing in this project?"
Virtuoso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest