daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #7241
K.S.A
Jeddah Tower Lover

Likes (Received): 4389

thank you Rody69
K.S.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #7242
Marioma

Likes (Received): 688

THANK YOU RODY!

great pictures!
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #7243
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 809

Very nice photos! Thx!

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #7244
alkhathami
BANNED

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KøbenhavnK View Post

True.

I badly need an overhead view as well.

Could someone please strap a parachute on Rody and throw ham out of an airplane
Here maps of the distribution of land use in Jeddah now and in the future and is suitable for population growth

Population growth is limited by the need to build the city of Jeddah and the second city of Saudi Arabia 's population sense of completion of projects is supposed be faster unlike small towns and villages

Land Project Kingdom City in Jeddah need licenses structures and licenses Towers form to fit services to provide ministries Z Health Services hospitals Khaddam education schools and colleges security services psp sense ministries contribute fits census within the project in addition to providing electricity, water, roads and other services to embrace her ministries projects this needs to guide projects towards census

Kingdom Tower received a building permit

The rest of the buildings within the city of the kingdom need for building permits

There are small projects take a long time in other cities, a population of small

Here is an example of a project in the city of a population equal to 10 % of the population of the city of Jeddah

The project needs to complete 40 years in the sense completeness 2055

So what is the urgency to get Ntaij any project needs to be linked to prudence Just as money is supposed not to ignore projects linking the census projects Just as with the outside of his grandfather rival cities to attract rates of population growth, the rest of the sites in Jeddah attract a number of population growth
alkhathami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #7245
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8365

Wow, even a video and really good progress, thanks rody for the amazing update. Looks like all this time we were clueless everything on side went flawlessly

ZZ-II, pteranodon liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #7246
SomeKindOfBug

Likes (Received): 1040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
^So the tower will grow by approximately 3.6% a year?

Yeah, seems to fit the current pace very well

Nah, just kidding. Great to see work being underway on this! Can't wait for the more "established media" to tour the construction site. Rody made a great update, but it's hard to grasp the size of the project from those pictures. I mean, head over to (almost) any thread about supertalls in China. Their foundation pits alone seem titanic; stadium-size holes in the ground with hundreds of people running around on a mesh of rebar so massive it obscures the ground underneath, among columns big enough to count as towers in their own right. They give the impression that heaven and earth is set in motion to get a monster of a building to rise. And those are for buildings half as tall as this one. I have to say, Kingdom Tower seems a little underwhelming so far, but I'm sure that impression will be corrected as progress marches on. Now hoping for somebody to bring a quadcopter or something to the site...
Very few of these Chinese supertalls are being built in the middle of nowhere. It's really, really cheap to hold property that is nothing more than a dusty wasteland of nothingness. Whereas the plots where they build skyscrapers in cities are expensive.
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #7247
HoneyDaddy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoSequence View Post
After six and a half years, 362 pages, and very little substance, it's nice to finally see such a definitive and substantial update. Thank you!
Although, the cam-rec seems to be made by a 6yo kid. They usually shoot the same way
HoneyDaddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #7248
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 401

Hey if I was able to get on site there I would have been so excited I wouldn't be able to stand still either...

bluebird_pr liked this post
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 01:09 AM   #7249
alkhathami
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfBug View Post
Very few of these Chinese supertalls are being built in the middle of nowhere. It's really, really cheap to hold property that is nothing more than a dusty wasteland of nothingness. Whereas the plots where they build skyscrapers in cities are expensive.
In very small towns less than 2,500 people, or large villages allowed Towers cheap and height of 6 to 10 roles with the cost of the land the building 10 floors should not exceed the cost of any event 30 million sr because the prevailing income is equal to 10 years, the cost of land and construction
Every 10 years is equal to the cost of rental property construction of the tower and the ground
Must be available jobs provide salaries for tenants and sales
Because the salary is limited in large villages and small towns
In the big cities of the oscillating costs Towers 10 roles between 30 million to more 60 million sr
Site staff and entered in the revival of the city determines the appropriate costs for rents equivalent to 10 years the total costs for the construction of the tower and the value of the land
Sites in a very expensive college costs depend on the income of the wealthy tenants so that rents are calculated 10 years to determine cost-effective to build a tower
These are familiar figures to calculate the cost of buildings
Reminder should not be in a rush to get quick results of the work on the project because the work associated with projects of ministries and services are available until the job fit the population growth or population target
I remember population so there is not the dreams do not fit reality
Old March 21st, 2014, 01:15 AM   #7250
Jay

Likes (Received): 1865

While obviously the sheer height of this thing is impressive something like the Shanghai Tower which is occupied to almost the top is just as impressive to me, plus it's in the middle of a megacity and not a desert with little else.

Plus Saudi Arabia isn't exactly tourist friendly so I'm not sure how many people will end up visiting this thing.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 01:21 AM   #7251
Onnipotente
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkhathami View Post
In very small towns less than 2,500 people, or large villages allowed Towers cheap and height of 6 to 10 roles with the cost of the land the building 10 floors should not exceed the cost of any event 30 million sr because the prevailing income is equal to 10 years, the cost of land and construction
Every 10 years is equal to the cost of rental property construction of the tower and the ground
Must be available jobs provide salaries for tenants and sales
Because the salary is limited in large villages and small towns
In the big cities of the oscillating costs Towers 10 roles between 30 million to more 60 million sr
Site staff and entered in the revival of the city determines the appropriate costs for rents equivalent to 10 years the total costs for the construction of the tower and the value of the land
Sites in a very expensive college costs depend on the income of the wealthy tenants so that rents are calculated 10 years to determine cost-effective to build a tower
These are familiar figures to calculate the cost of buildings
Reminder should not be in a rush to get quick results of the work on the project because the work associated with projects of ministries and services are available until the job fit the population growth or population target
I remember population so there is not the dreams do not fit reality
What the hell are you blabbering about? Stop using google translation. if you can't use even the simplest forms of English then you shouldn't be posting on this forum..

Jay liked this post
Onnipotente no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 02:36 AM   #7252
alkhathami
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onnipotente View Post
What the hell are you blabbering about? Stop using google translation. if you can't use even the simplest forms of English then you shouldn't be posting on this forum..
I do not speak English
and
Google does not know the English translation to my
Old March 21st, 2014, 03:08 AM   #7253
Daireon
The lunatic is in my head

Likes (Received): 5613

Is it me or construction site isn't as huge as we would expect from this building? Maybe that hole is actually not for Kingdom Tower but for some other thing.
Old March 21st, 2014, 04:29 AM   #7254
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Looks right to me. The workers look small compared to the rebar.

Eastern37, pteranodon liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 08:43 AM   #7255
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireon View Post
Is it me or construction site isn't as huge as we would expect from this building? Maybe that hole is actually not for Kingdom Tower but for some other thing.
Don't worry, it is for the Kingdom Tower

pteranodon liked this post
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 02:43 PM   #7256
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2751

Thank you very, very much, Rody. I clicked this thread on a pure hunch, not expecting anything, suddenly I see an update. Great way to start the day.

Regarding updates for this project I had an idea, by the way, I posted it in the updates thread for the staff to read, let me know what you think:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post112053231

Redzio liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 04:01 PM   #7257
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

I like that idea very much.

Oh and Rody, awoseme update as always
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 04:09 PM   #7258
hqho1671

Likes (Received): 2860

يا خثعمي بالله اخرج لا تقعد تخرب الموضوع دحين بالله ايش يبغوا بعدد السكان ولا المدينة وترى الترجمة كل امها خطأ

Arabic above To alkhathami

Thanx for updates rody & the project for the kingdom tower & city
hqho1671 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2014, 06:40 PM   #7259
jackedi07
YoutubeChannel:Jackedi07

Likes (Received): 522

From CTBUH:

Above-Ground Work to Start on Kingdom Tower

Above-ground work on the 1-kilometer-tall Kingdom Tower in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, will begin next month, according to Building Design. Construction will start on April 27 and will be managed by UK project managers EC Harris and Mace. Construction is set to take 63 months, finishing in 2019. EC Harris and Mace beat out13 rivals for the role and will ensure that the project hits its budget and construction timetable.

In December 2013, contractor Saudi Bauer completed piling work for the tower, including sinking 270 piles up to a depth of 110 meters.

Former JEC chief executive Waleed Batterjee said the UK joint bid of Mace and EC Harris was picked partly for Mace’s experience construction on the UK’s tallest building, the Shard.

Kingdom Tower will be more than three times as tall as the 304-meter Shard designed by Renzo Piano.

http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTall...US/view.aspx#!
Old March 23rd, 2014, 03:23 PM   #7260
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8365

exactly as rody told us, great to have more confirmation exciting times are ahead of us!

pteranodon liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest